More options
Points2Shop Forums » Support » Moving (change of IP) [Resolved]
Created: 2011-07-07 18:22:49
HalHope
US new
My first post
Total posts: 1
Total Earnings: $29.59
So in the next month or so I'll be heading off to college meaning I'll be using their public wi-fi.
1) will the change of IP adress have a negative effect on my account?
2) What if there are other people at the school with an account? will be all get banned?

thanks in advance
chevychic255
US (NY) admin
Helper is my middle name
Total posts: 9216
Date of Birth: 1992-09-01
Total Earnings: $3315.83
If you're moving, you will need to send in a ticket to the administrators and let them know about this so they could put a note on your account about the change of address and get your account information changed without running into account issues. Yes the change of IP address would have an affect on your account if you start doing offers, try withdrawing or purchase something with points from a different one. As for the public IP, yeah that could get all accounts banned :( Best asking that in your ticket while you're letting them know about the change of address.

To send in a ticket to the admin go to the Support tab,click Support Ticket and then New Ticket.
-
racinallday
US (CA) gold
Why stop now?
Total posts: 795
Date of Birth: 1991-04-04
Total Earnings: $469.48
If you're moving, you will need to send in a ticket to the administrators and let them know about this so they could put a note on your account about the change of address and get your account information changed without running into account issues. Yes the change of IP address would have an affect on your account if you start doing offers, try withdrawing or purchase something with points from a different one. As for the public IP, yeah that could get all accounts bannedBest asking that in your ticket while you're letting them know about the change of address.

To send in a ticket to the admin go to the Support tab,click Support Ticketand then New Ticket.chevychic255

I thought it would be ok to have different IP addresses, as long as you only have one account. Does that mean I can only use P2S at home? Sometimes I travel out of my state and would like to use it in my freetime.
Thank you in advance.
The force is strong with this one --
chevychic255
US (NY) admin
Helper is my middle name
Total posts: 9216
Date of Birth: 1992-09-01
Total Earnings: $3315.83
I thought it would be ok to have different IP addresses, as long as you only have one account. Does that mean I can only use P2S at home? Sometimes I travel out of my state and would like to use it in my freetime.
Thank you in advance.racinallday
It is okay to log-in from a different connection other than your main, but generally all you can do from a different connection is check on the site and play the P2S games. You couldn't complete offers, withdraw cash, or spend your points in the Reward Gallery. If you're logging in from a phone or using a touchscreen, you couldn't play the games then. You can read more about the restrictions on different connections here: Less login restrictions.
-

You are not logged in.

Chat History

will load when you scroll to the bottom