More options
Points2Shop Forums » Lifestyle » My Family House!!
1 2 3 4 5
Created: 2011-07-01 05:20:09
lacrimosaangel
UK moderator
Points2shop is my specialty
Total posts: 2375
Date of Birth: 1988-05-14
Total Earnings: $1519.78
Hey guys, I just thought I'd post a picture of my family home for you all to see!

I don't actually live here (unfortunately) as the property is always occupied by the male family line passed through the eldest son, so the current occupant is a distant cousin of mine.

Hyclere castle is owned and occupied by the earls of carnarvon. The 5th Earl of carnarvon, aka. George Edward Stanhope Molyneux Herbert was my great-great grandfather and is famous for the discovery of Tutankhamun's tomb in egypt.

I've actually been to the house (we didn't go inside as it was closed for a holiday and even family don't get to go in :( ) Its absolutely wonderful though, my grandparents have been up there many times and taken photos, it's beautiful!

~Running around in circles feeling caged by endless rules...~
majormoneymaker
US diamond
Why stop now?
Total posts: 874
Total Earnings: $2432.84
Omg...That is so cool :) I want to go inside
lilneicybaby
US legend
Half way there
Total posts: 695
Date of Birth: 1990-04-18
Total Earnings: $1812.09
awww it's beautiful :o :surprise:
snappy516
US platinum
Junior Poster
Total posts: 98
Could you live there if you wanted to???? omg that is amazing thanks for sharing ! (:
adastraabextra
US (CT) platinum
Am I spamming?
Total posts: 296
Date of Birth: 1992-06-10
Total Earnings: $210.82
omg u should start getting really close with ur family that lives there...then you and dave move in..and im coming to visit. =p
This is life, not Heaven, you don't have to be perfect.
lacrimosaangel
UK moderator
Could you live there if you wanted to???? omg that is amazing thanks for sharing ! (:snappy516

unfortunately no, I couldn't live there even if I wanted to, The earls don't even greet the public, and proof of family line doesn't constitute a meeting -_-; My grandfather went up there and they had a picture of his father on the wall O_o when he when back a week later (trying again to talk to the current earl) the photo was missing and noone had any record of it being there. They're actually quite stuck up (as with any royals I'd imagine!

You can however get married there, the house do some amazing wedding packages if you have the money O.o
ironman2010
US (TX) elite
Senior Poster
Total posts: 115
Date of Birth: 1992-09-18
Total Earnings: $654.88
WHOA! that looks totally AWESOME :D haha, you ever hear of it maybe being haunted ? ;) LOL
IRONMAN-2010
lacrimosaangel
UK moderator
WHOA! that looks totally AWESOMEhaha, you ever hear of it maybe being haunted ?LOLironman2010

LOL! No it's not haunted, although an interesting family story-

The 5th earl of carnarvon died from what is expected to be a mosquito bite, exactly the same place where tutankhamun's scar was on his cheek. The curse surrounding king tut said "Death will come on swift wings to those who disturb this tomb" and it is said that king tut also died from a mosquito bite.

The family history records that at the same time carnarvon died, his dog, back at Hyclere also howled and died at the exact same time.
ironman2010
US (TX) elite
Senior Poster
Total posts: 115
Date of Birth: 1992-09-18
Total Earnings: $654.88

Whoa, thats pretty crazy. Maybe curses are real ? ;) lol, and hmm death from a mosquito bite ? :o mustve been a huge mosquito like the queen or he was allergic ;) LOL!

LOL! No it's not haunted, although an interesting family story- The 5th earl of carnarvon died from what is expected to be a mosquito bite, exactly the same place where tutankhamun's scar was on his cheek. The curse surrounding king tut said "Death will come on swift wings to those who disturb this tomb" and it is said that king tut also died from a mosquito bite. The family history records that at the same time carnarvon died, his dog, back at Hyclere also howled and died at the exact same time.Lacrimosaangel
IRONMAN-2010
lacrimosaangel
UK moderator
Or, It was malaria :p You're forgetting, this was way way back many many years ago, they wouldn't have had a cure ;)

1 2 3 4 5
You are not logged in.

Chat History

will load when you scroll to the bottom