More options
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Created: 2011-06-17 05:19:43
ldpx3000
US moderator
Points2shop is my specialty
Total posts: 1117
I'm actually curious... If mobile apps are created, and people connect to P2S through their 3G connection, does that put the account at risk for being banned?ghostymoney

I am not an admin, but I am assuming that if this were still an issue they would not be allowing (and encouraging) the community to create these apps. The API is allowing us access to your profile information under conditions that P2S has more control over.
'Build a better idiot proof system and the universe will build a better idiot...'
ghostymoney
US gold
Senior Poster
Total posts: 154
I am not an admin, but I am assuming that if this were still an issue they would not be allowing (and encouraging) the community to create these apps. The API is allowing us access to your profile information under conditions that P2S has more control over.ldpx3000

So we can't see things like ref tracking/ref stats etc? (I'm reading what you're saying as to only be able to view stats of a certain person based on their profile page).
ldpx3000
US moderator
So we can't see things like ref tracking/ref stats etc? (I'm reading what you're saying as to only be able to view stats of a certain person based on their profile page).ghostymoney

i think you may have misunderstood. This is not information that is based on a users profile page. Rather, this is your profile information which includes things like referrals, and completed offers, as well as basic information like points, cash, etc. :)
'Build a better idiot proof system and the universe will build a better idiot...'
ghostymoney
US gold
Senior Poster
i think you may have misunderstood. This is not information that is based on a users profile page. Rather, this is your profile information which includes things like referrals, and completed offers, as well as basic information like points, cash, etc.ldpx3000

So will we be able to view it safely from a different IP? Because viewing current cash/points and referrals typically you need to login for that to happen... And if it were a mobile app, then 3G usage would make people login under a different IP address.. Would we be banned?
ldpx3000
US moderator
So will we be able to view it safely from a different IP? Because viewing current cash/points and referrals typically you need to login for that to happen... And if it were a mobile app, then 3G usage would make people login under a different IP address.. Would we be banned?ghostymoney

This is actually the reason why the API's were released. Rest assured you will not be banned for using these apps. If that were the case, this thread would have been locked/deleted before it got started :)
ghostymoney
US gold
Senior Poster
Yeah, just trying to make sure that it's an understanding lol.
Matjong
US admin
Total posts: 1624
Total Earnings: $1676.35
The only problem we're having with mobile connections is offer completions. Stats etc. can be viewed just fine with mobile apps.

We'll have to see whether or not we can allow some selective offer completions from mobile phones. But first we'll need an app :-)
Matjong
US admin
Total posts: 1624
Total Earnings: $1676.35
Matjong, I would like to brand the Apps exactly the way it is here so I just wanted to let you know that I will be using the points2shop logo that is included in the Custom Splash PSD,the blue gradient background from the actual page and as many of the actual icons from the page as possible. If this is a problem, please let me knowldpx3000

You have my permission.
ldpx3000
US moderator
Couple quick things that I've run into so far.

- It would be great to have a 'Remove Application' button. This is not a big deal but I've created a couple different apps during testing and don't want to clutter up the database or application directory with non-existent or unneeded apps.

- After a user chooses to Accept or Deny the OAUTH request, the user is redirected to the domain associated with the app. This is fine except the 'code=somesecretcode'
or 'error=denied' does not contain the ? before the GET. not sure if this is by design or just an over sight. It will work perfectly fine if I add ? to the end of my domain but not otherwise.

So far that's it. I will report back if I think of anything else :) Thnx again!
bngsudheer
IN admin
Getting Chatty
Total posts: 20
Date of Birth: 1981-10-11
Total Earnings: $-0.57
Couple quick things that I've run into so far.

- It would be great to have a 'Remove Application' button. This is not a big deal but I've created a couple different apps during testing and don't want to clutter up the database or application directory with non-existent or unneeded apps.

- After a user chooses to Accept or Deny the OAUTH request, the user is redirected to the domain associated with the app. This is fine except the 'code=somesecretcode'
or 'error=denied' does not contain the ? before the GET. not sure if this is by design or just an over sight. It will work perfectly fine if I add ? to the end of my domain but not otherwise.

So far that's it. I will report back if I think of anything elseThnx again!ldpx3000

We will consider adding a remove or hide application feature.

By design we don't add the ? in the redirect URI. You can append the ? to the redirect_uri GET parameter yourself. Please take a look at the example PHP application we have provided.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7
You are not logged in.

Chat History

will load when you scroll to the bottom