More options
Points2Shop Forums » News, Announcements & Contests » Have you been using Temp emails?
1 2 3
Created: 2009-03-28 15:51:23
justdoit2010
US (GA) admin
Why stop now?
Total posts: 776
Date of Birth: 1987-01-27
Total Earnings: $845.43
Hello,

We have just received a disturbing message from our advertisers. In it, we were told that there has been an overwhelming amount of leads / signups that are being completed with temporary email addresses (bsnow, dodgeit, spamcorptastic, etc). Our adveritsers are not happy with the amount of leads that have been popping up with this issue. This CANNOT continue as it currently is. All accounts using temporary e-mails will be BANNED. We don't want to lose advertisers because of poor quality of our leads.

Just to be clear: The use of yahoo, hotmail, gmail etc. is PERFECTLY fine. If you don't know what temporary emails are, you don't have to worry either. Temporary e-mails are e-mail provided by specific services that automatic cancel the e-mail address after 10 or 15 minutes.

This has been a long standing rule with us, we have stated many times not to ever use any type of temporary email address. Its just that the advertisers are very unhappy with the large amount of temp email addresses that are being entered and are now doing something about it.

Also, as always you MUST MUST MUST fill in all up-to-date, complete, accurate information on all offers. Filling in fake information, or using a temporary email address will result in the closure of your account.

Thank you for your time.

The Extra money network Team.
sonofhades
US (NY) silver
Am I spamming?
Total posts: 344
Date of Birth: 1990-04-14
Total Earnings: $4.47
i don't use temporary e-mail cuz they usually expire before the offer gives you points, i stick to a new e-mail just for spam
EricSherman
US legend
Senior Poster
Total posts: 167
I don't use them. I created an email address specifically for offers and always use that. It's a yahoo.
Add me on AIM for some referral help. Screen name is TehLegitest
ThePretender100
US (TX) gold
Points2shop is my specialty
Total posts: 1019
Date of Birth: 1995-08-12
Total Earnings: $155.61
I never even knew about temporary e-mails. I just use Hotmail.
cmpunk771
UK platinum
Total posts: 2391
Date of Birth: 1994-03-21
Total Earnings: $286.71
I use hotmail and dont even know what temp emails are lol
STAFF SPOTLIGHT- http://www.points2shop.com/topic/52832/Staff-Spotlight-Week-1/1 Learn about the staff members!!!
theburningleaf
US (MO) bronze
My first post
Total posts: 2
Date of Birth: Unknown
Total Earnings: $9.48
i also do not have a bogus email. just check your email immediately it's easiest that way!
serenity0718
US (NY) gold
Junior Poster
Total posts: 53
Date of Birth: 1971-07-18
Total Earnings: $81.92
I always use gmail. Why go through the trouble of using the others. You can set up numerous email accounts with gmail specifically for your different paid to offer needs.
Check out my blog, click an ad, become a follower, and give some feedback: http://earningwithoutspendingadime.blogspot.com/ Thanks:) Encouragment visit my blogs at: http://walkinconfidence.blogspot.com/ and http://aportraitofgod.blogspot.com/
steven816
US (GA) silver
Senior Poster
Total posts: 147
Date of Birth: 1989-08-16
Total Earnings: $-1.78
yea i just created a yahoo for spam mail i get about 1000 emails a day i got a total of about 4000 emails right now.
chi123
US (IL) diamond
Total posts: 1199
Date of Birth: 1992-10-13
Total Earnings: $26446.27
Thank gosh I quit using those a long time ago, I use to use them but quit after joining Point2Shop.
Eddie098
UK gold
Am I spamming?
Total posts: 258
Date of Birth: Unknown
Total Earnings: $54.7
i dont, i think that you owe it to at least use a proper email address, never used them never will, and i advise everybody else to do the same
Accepting COD 4 CLAN MATCHES! PM me on XBL GT:Eddie098 Clan:Guru!

1 2 3
You are not logged in. This topic is locked and no new replies can be posted.

Chat History

will load when you scroll to the bottom