More options
Points2Shop Forums » Off-Topic » If you were a store clerk...
1 2
Created: 2011-05-15 13:56:17
awesomecakes
US (MD) silver
Used to the forums
Total posts: 27
Date of Birth: 1995-03-21
Total Earnings: $35.6
Would you accept $26.75 in quarters, or 107 quarters?

I mean, I need to get rid of my change somehow! And at least I'm not using the pennies (yet).

Just a fun idea that I'm throwing out there, and I want to know if I should actually do it. :p
medic77777
US (MI) moderator
Points2shop is my specialty
Total posts: 1528
Date of Birth: 1982-06-28
Total Earnings: $10333.79
I'd go to the bank or grocery store and drop them in the change machine to get cash back.
Exar
UK platinum
Points2shop is my specialty
Total posts: 1504
Total Earnings: $1533.24
Put them in a bag and yeah I would. Companies always need change and at the end of the day where does it go? Banks. then gets turned to notes.

Its still money at the end of the day. I hate places that say we wont take it. eh.... Its legal currency.

Exar
Need advice on SEO?Read My SEO Breakdown|----------------------------------| | Help put an end to Cancer by Donating to Cancer Research|
mewantee
US gold
Senior Poster
Total posts: 104
i would take the coins (even pennies) but i would make you do all of the counting. currency is currency.

avoid those grocery store change counting machines at all costs!
tzseadog
US (CA) gold
Used to the forums
Total posts: 30
Date of Birth: 1997-05-07
Total Earnings: $63.67
Yea avoid those nasty money machines, i got really robbed when i used it, 11% tax!

Like these guys said, always count the quarters, like make little stacks (or use the paper stacks) and put them in there and Wala! you got pre-counted money to be used.
2010-09-18 15:55:10
awesomecakes
US (MD) silver
Used to the forums
I counted those quarters by stacking them, but I'm not exactly sure how I'd go about KEEPING them in those stacks! Maybe get 27 rubber bands? Haha.
fenrir13
US (NC) gold
Getting Chatty
Total posts: 22
Date of Birth: 1984-08-07
Total Earnings: $27.22
I wouldn't try to pay using just change, but paying part of things with change shouldn't be a problem. Also if you are to go in and give a clerk a bunch of change try to make sure that there aren't a bunch of people standing in line behind you. I had someone do that in front of me one time and it was extremely annoying.
raul02041990
US elite
Points2Helper
Total posts: 5490
try to wrap them in those paper sleeves for coins. makes it easier to count. or better yet find a bank that can do it for free. My bank does it for free because I have an account with them.
Watch out for my smokin' Aces. Jesus is the way, the truth and the life.
jdhues
US (ID) platinum
Senior Poster
Total posts: 153
Date of Birth: 1970-01-01
Total Earnings: $235.01
you could go to a store that has the self serve machines and then put them in there it would take some time but i dont think anyone would complaine
awesomecakes
US (MD) silver
Used to the forums
@jdhues - Haha, that's an interesting idea!

At my school, if you put at least 25 cents worth of dimes and nickels into a vending machine, if you press the coin exchange, you end up getting quarters back. Maybe if I did something similar at the grocery store, I would get a 20 dollar bill? ;)

1 2
You are not logged in.

Chat History

will load when you scroll to the bottom