More options
Points2Shop Forums » Off-Topic » Graphics Problem.
1 2 3 4 5
Created: 2011-04-18 03:24:49
Jaytylor
US platinum
Old Forum User
Total posts: 2769
Total Earnings: $598.18
My computer has crashed due to minecraft. It's stuck on a 4 bit & 640-480 resolution.
You can't change it by going to properties.

Brand: emachine
Processor: AMD athlon 2400+ xp
Graphics: S3 Graphics ProSavage8 (yes I know I have an onboard graphics card computer)
Ram: 1 GB

The problem is my graphics card.
Status message: This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. (Code 12)

If you want to use this device, you will need to disable one of the other devices on this system.

You need to restart your computer before the changes you made to this device will take affect.

I tried restoring the cmos and nothing happened.
I tried removing the motherboard battery
I tried system restore
I tried starting up into safe mode and uninstalling the driver then installing it on normal startup
I ordered a new graphics card.
I also ordered a new processor.
My old process had 1.9 ghz (1 core)
New = 3.2 ghz + I'm going to overclock it to 3.6 ghz.

Any suggestions to fixing it?
terpak
US (NJ) gold
Used to the forums
Total posts: 28
Date of Birth: 1994-10-13
Total Earnings: $32.34
Well, then the problem resides on your HDD, which holds preferences, meaning it is simply a resolution preference issue! Because CMOS/BIOS don't interfere with the preferences (and you tried fixing them by reset), bought a new graphics (that eliminates hardware issues), and got a new processor (not involved really, but nice), it points to settings. Try different ways to reset your preference with control panel, or, if your control panel won't open like mine wouldnt before I did a complete system reinstall with the sector on my HDD containing the Windows install sector (yours would be the CD for XP you got), try right clicking on desktop and clicking preperties or preferences or display, bla bla bla, which ever pops up
2010-08-08 16:53:47
terpak
US (NJ) gold
Used to the forums
Also, if you still continue to see this error, then i advise getting a flash drive or using a spare HDD (hard drive) (use the spare HDD only if you are familiar with repairing computers), backing up info, and completely reinstalling your OS. It gets rid of any viruses (i doubt you have non; most always have some) and performance will increase! Good luck!
Jaytylor
US platinum
Old Forum User
Well, then the problem resides on your HDD, which holds preferences, meaning it is simply a resolution preference issue! Because CMOS/BIOS don't interfere with the preferences (and you tried fixing them by reset), bought a new graphics (that eliminates hardware issues), and got a new processor (not involved really, but nice), it points to settings. Try different ways to reset your preference with control panel, or, if your control panel won't open like mine wouldnt before I did a complete system reinstall with the sector on my HDD containing the Windows install sector (yours would be the CD for XP you got), try right clicking on desktop and clicking preperties or preferences or display, bla bla bla, which ever pops upterpak

1) I don't understand what you want me to do with control panel.
2) Can't change the settings

3) I don't have the CD
terpak
US (NJ) gold
Used to the forums
If you dont have the CD and D:! (The CD is a last resort, so you should be fine unless it is a serious problem). What happens when you try to raise the slide bar to change the resolution? (screenshot it)
terpak
US (NJ) gold
Used to the forums
Oh, you mean you actually canot change settings...
terpak
US (NJ) gold
Used to the forums
Is that the only account on your computer?
Jaytylor
US platinum
Old Forum User
Is that the only account on your computer?terpak

Yes, what happens if I just install a new graphics card?
terpak
US (NJ) gold
Used to the forums
Did you install the new graphics card yet? I thought you said you did, but, if you did not, then theres something on your card restricting performance, so, yes, install the new card if you have not already, and tell me what happens if you are able to tonight. If not, i'll try helping you tomorrow
Jaytylor
US platinum
Old Forum User
Did you install the new graphics card yet? I thought you said you did, but, if you did not, then theres something on your card restricting performance, so, yes, install the new card if you have not already, and tell me what happens if you are able to tonight. If not, i'll try helping you tomorrowterpak

I just ordered a new one and it's going to come on Tuesday.
Disabled the fax driver didn't work D:.
I think it's a driver that's causing a conflict.

1 2 3 4 5
You are not logged in. This topic is locked and no new replies can be posted.

Chat History

will load when you scroll to the bottom