More options
Points2Shop Forums » Suggestions » New Forums.
1 2
Created: 2011-04-16 14:54:19
Jaytylor
US platinum
Old Forum User
Total posts: 2769
Total Earnings: $598.18
Points2shop's forums are very different compared to other forums. Most forums are PHPbb or vBulletin. My suggestion is for points2shop to create a new forum using vBulletin.

A few months ago I started on a project to create a new forum for points2shop. unfortunately, I became very busy and had no choice but to stop adding onto the forum I've created.

Forum: vBulletin
Link to my points2shop forum
Feel free to create an account and check out some of the features.

URL that points2shop should direct us to: forum.points2shop.com
Matjong
US admin
Points2shop is my specialty
Total posts: 1624
Total Earnings: $1685.21
We like our current forum because we can customize it the way we want. If you believe we miss any features compared to other forum software, feel free to make us a list and we'll fix it.
Jaytylor
US platinum
Old Forum User
We like our current forum because we can customize it the way we want. If you believe we miss any features compared to other forum software, feel free to make us a list and we'll fix it.Matjong

• Add quick reply
• Show what users are doing online.
• Add all of the BB codes to the message field.
• Add more BB codes such as color([color=#039390][/color]), underline([u][/u]), size([size=4][/size]), and code([code][/code]).
• Multi-quote
• Show how many users are viewing each forum.
• Ability to mark forum as read.
• Add forum leaders
• Show who the newest member of points2shop is.
• Make the site's time eastern since most players are eastern (based on a poll)
• Add a "thank this post" button which displays all the user's names who thanked a certain post.
• Change the color of the on each forum to their corresponding honour.
• Add infractions to the forum.
• Add recent posts
• Add a memberlist
• Archive version of the forum.
• Archive forum to add all the locked and useless topics to.
• Show our overall posts per day.
• Add a "top" link to the bottom of the forum to scroll us back to the top of the page
• List the smilies on the forum
• Ability to manage all your subscribed topics.
optional
• Allow HTML to our posts

Edit
• Ability to highlight text, press "bold", and make it automatically add the tags to the highlighted text.
Matjong
US admin
Im under the impression you just add features others forums have, not the things you like yourself. What you need archive for? Or newest member? :)
Jaytylor
US platinum
Old Forum User
Im under the impression you just add features others forums have, not the things you like yourself. What you need archive for? Or newest member?Matjong

This list wasn't a list of things I mostly like myself, they're just things normal forums have. You told me to create a list of things points2shop is missing compared to the other forums. To be honest most of these things on the list I've suggested myself as a new topic, and most of them I do like personally. Archive can be useful to me because it'll increase the speed of points2shop for me. However, the newest member is just a simple feature that I'd like to see because I'd love to see who is the newest member is.
chevychic255
US (GA) admin
Helper is my middle name
Total posts: 9216
Date of Birth: 1992-09-01
Total Earnings: $3320.19
Out of that list, the features I'd like to see:
• Ability to highlight text, press "bold", and make it automatically add the tags to the highlighted text.
• Ability to manage all your subscribed topics.
• Add more BB codes such as color([color=#039390][/color]), underline([u][/u]), size([size=4][/size]), and code([code][/code])
• Change the color of the on each forum to their corresponding honour.
• List the smilies on the forum

As for the "Add forum leaders" suggestion, it sounds like an interesting feature to have but I only see people spamming the forum and bumping more topics than they already do just to see their name on the forum leaders section. Show our overall posts per day- suggestion, I feel the same way. People would strive to continuously up that number per day without a thought to what they're posting.

Add a "thank this post" button which displays all the user's names who thanked a certain post. - I'm not fond of this suggestion either. We already have a feature to vote a post as a negative or a positive. Basically we have this feature, we just can't see who voted it what. I personally like it better that way.

Add recent posts- We can see the recent posts made by who and what time it was made just by glancing at each forum section. Then when you're in a certain section, you can see that information for each thread. We have this feature already as well.

Show what users are doing online.- I'm just not fond of this idea because it just sounds creepyish :p Why would you need to know what people are doing?...
-
Jaytylor
US platinum
Old Forum User

Show what users are doing online.- I'm just not fond of this idea because it just sounds creepyishWhy would you need to know what people are doing?...chevychic255

There's always an invisible mode which hides what the user is doing.
Matjong
US admin
I will if we can add some features of your list, but it would help if we would know what features to prioritize over others.
lacrimosaangel
UK moderator
Total posts: 2375
Date of Birth: 1988-05-14
Total Earnings: $1519.78
Sorry, but I really don't see the point in most of these, the forums are NOT the main attraction of the site and they run perfectly fine as they are, without all the unnecessary gimmicks.

Yes, other sites have them, but this is NOT like every other site. Why waste time and energy fiddling about with the minor details in the forums when it could be spent finding and completing offers? Its not like we all sit here spending our lives in the forums. Most people are here just for the free stuff - forums are just a bonus feature to enhance the community and nothing more.
~Running around in circles feeling caged by endless rules...~
AbbyAW
US (FL) moderator
Old Forum User
Total posts: 2865
Date of Birth: 1991-05-24
Total Earnings: $2407.51
im not to sure about more BB codes since we already have all thats needed. Color, size etc would be nice... but i just see something going off when users can customize these things to much "/ its only really appropriate for a social site ive seen how it goes elsewhere... as long as we have the basic necessities i think its good :) keeps the forums pretty clean looking if you ask me.

I agree lacrimo like how our forums are different, why do we have to be same as others? I think being unique is more tasteful. Its pretty boring to see the same stuff in EVERY forum. I think alot of these were just added since other forums have them? so... Whats wrong if its functional? no need to fix something thats not broken :)

Mat if there are some features you can add to better the forums here it would be nice to have an archive to store old posts to keep old topics from being bumped. and the smilies in places so members not familiar can know or use them or just make it easier. Then the having a "top" link so we do not have to scroll up all the time. And i say this in the sense as it would be helpful here, not to be the same as every other place =.= please....
❝Anyone can love a rose, but it takes a great deal to love a leaf. It's ordinary to love the beautiful, but it's beautiful to love the ordinary❞

1 2
You are not logged in.

Chat History

will load when you scroll to the bottom