More options
Points2Shop Forums » Referral Talk » Advice needed for new site please
Created: 2011-03-17 22:37:47
ttimmy2005
UK elite
Senior Poster
Total posts: 246
Hi guys

I am working on a new site that will include a forum. I know many of you will probably tell me that getting into forums is really hard to get off the ground, but i am going to give it a try. The forum will be a "general" one and i am looking for some ideas of what sections i should put into it. Things like:

Social issues
Employment
Financial
Anything else

I think you get the gist

So any advice and ideas you could give me would be great.

Cheers in advance
Tim
elctro12
CA diamond
Why stop now?
Total posts: 800
forums are tough to run, usually people lose money when they make a forum since they cant keep it alive, and as soon as they start to get good people mass spam with bots making people lose interest. but if you do have good content and a golden niche it would be worth a better shot.

im in the forum industry, i run a few forums as administator. key thing is they all atract their visitors by the use of ebooks or money making content. anything related to online, gaming, even employment goes viral if their arent many in that niche already
ttimmy2005
UK elite
Senior Poster
Thanks for the tip, will keep that in mind. I am looking at adding a file storage idea to the forum too. So then the question is probably going to be, which comes first? the file storage as the main focus of the site, or the forum? lol. I feel like i am really banging my head against the wall really. I have a server sitting here doing nothing, and trying my hardest to think of ideas on how to use it lol
propooper98
US (FL) silver
Why stop now?
Total posts: 847
Are you getting it from v bulletin?
ttimmy2005
UK elite
Senior Poster
No, i did have a quick look, but it looks really expensive
propooper98
US (FL) silver