More options
Points2Shop Forums » Referral Talk » Just been given quite a powerfull server
Created: 2011-03-14 20:13:48
ttimmy2005
UK elite
Senior Poster
Total posts: 246
I have just been given quite a powerful server with 1TB HDD. Anyone have any ideas how i might utalise this for use in grabbing referals? I was thinking along the lines of hosting a game server or something like that. Any ides would be great, and maybe if i use one of your ideas, we could perhaps work out a partnership. For example, if Timed messages were shown in a game server, we would alternate referral links etc.

Just a thought, if i did go along the game server route, what do you think would be the best game to host?

Cheers in advance

Tim
propooper98
US (FL) silver
Why stop now?
Total posts: 847
wow. 1TB HDD is pretty decent; I was thinking of buying one. But yeah, I recommend going with games, sounds like a decent idea. But getting refs off of it could be hard.
Do you think its worth the money?
propooper98
US (FL) silver
Why stop now?
Total posts: 847
Actually, you should use it for things related to internet marketing; honestly, in my opinion, putting a referral link on it would not be worth the investment: there are far better things you can do with it, which can result in a LOT more money.
You can check out WarriorForum for a couple of starters.
ttimmy2005
UK elite
Senior Poster
Total posts: 246
Well its noot really going to cost me anything lol. Was thinking of eather going with a game that requires paymment to play (but my server will be free, just sign up to p2s as the "payment", or advertise my ref link to players in game using a method very similar to how the p2s bot has its hourly messages. Any thoughts on what game to use, or any other ideas on utilizing the server?
NYY1313
US (AZ) elite
Points2shop is my specialty
Total posts: 2405
Date of Birth: 1994-02-03
Total Earnings: $3793.36
hmm interesting idea about how to use it. im not quite sure if you should just host 1 game. possibly multiple games. as to which game/games, theres not really 1 online game that people prefer. and ever since the release of iphone/itouch/ipad, a lot of people play games on there. popular computer games are MMOs
Demonwarrior
US platinum
Junior Poster
Total posts: 55
Total Earnings: $2286.61
@ttimmy2005, hey man i sent you a MP... contact me ASAP
2010-03-01 17:28:25

You are not logged in.

Chat History

will load when you scroll to the bottom