More options
Points2Shop Forums » Referral Talk » BackLink Help!!
Created: 2011-03-10 05:31:18
eljosberto
US (MA) diamond
Senior Poster
Total posts: 163
Date of Birth: 1994-05-18
Total Earnings: $1119.51
how can i create a single backlink? please comment below telling me how to do it thnx
"Success is Not A Destination...Is A Journey"
helmsuzanne
UK moderator
Points2shop is my specialty
Total posts: 2023
Date of Birth: 1984-02-05
Total Earnings: $2010.33
moved to referral talk

I'm not very good with backlinks myself but you can comment on a blog adding your website in as a link, but try make sure its a dofollow blog so google will see it.
lilbtmf
US (GA) elite
Senior Poster
Total posts: 136
Date of Birth: 1991-07-18
Total Earnings: $1141.58
how can i create a single backlink? please comment below telling me how to do it thnxeljosberto

Just a quick tip on building backlinks: Be careful where you place your link. If it is a site with spammy or duplicate content, they actually put bad weight on your site. Try to only place on sites with unique and valuable content that also ranks high on the search engines while also being related to your site.

Check PR on the sites' pages as well. Install the SEOQuake plugin for firefox to easily do this but make sure to pay attention when installing as its a bit overkill in a bad way keeping it on all the time.

I have more backlink advice but tired of typing but if you have any questions i'll gladly help :)
If you learn how to properly advertise, your ref's first impression would never be "scam site." Check out my List of Recommended Resources to Make your pitch sound legit.
JacobArensus
UK elite
Why stop now?
Total posts: 884
Total Earnings: $6590.69
I told you to check out the p2s referral guide. All of this is clearly explained. You can find exact information on Pages 7-9, and the mini-glossary on page 31.
Exar
UK platinum
Points2shop is my specialty
Total posts: 1504
Total Earnings: $1533.24
google cannot actualy penalise you for having bad links (with the exceptions of traffic/link exchanges) as it would be near impossible to moderate.

I mean when we go out linking - yes try to get good high value links, but! there's nothing stopping other people going out and leaving your link on other sites. this you cannot control so it would be very unprofessinal of Search engines to penalise you for that matter.

But when you do, always try to get the best links you can.

And yea check out Jacobs Guide, all is explained.

Exar
Need advice on SEO?Read My SEO Breakdown|----------------------------------| | Help put an end to Cancer by Donating to Cancer Research|
lilbtmf
US (GA) elite
Senior Poster
Total posts: 136
Date of Birth: 1991-07-18
Total Earnings: $1141.58
google cannot actualy penalise you for having bad links (with the exceptions of traffic/link exchanges) as it would be near impossible to moderate.

I mean when we go out linking - yes try to get good high value links, but! there's nothing stopping other people going out and leaving your link on other sites. this you cannot control so it would be very unprofessinal of Search engines to penalise you for that matter.

But when you do, always try to get the best links you can.

And yea check out Jacobs Guide, all is explained.

ExarExar

Sorry forgot to put I meant for link exchanges, but in all honesty google could care less if you get penalized or not, especially if you're not valuable in google's eyes.

As many are in denial of the fact, google itself is pretty blackhat themselves but fails in comparison to true blachatters, which is why honest marketers often end up gettin google slapped, sandboxed, or even have their adsense accounts taken away unjustly(although in most cases that is because of bots producing invalid clicks)

Point is you'd be surprised at some of the things you could be penalized for, even if only temporary. You should check Google's Algo and the discussion on their "blacklists"
If you learn how to properly advertise, your ref's first impression would never be "scam site." Check out my List of Recommended Resources to Make your pitch sound legit.
divenpatel01
UK elite
Why stop now?
Total posts: 899
whats a backlink?

You are not logged in.

Chat History

will load when you scroll to the bottom