More options
Points2Shop Forums » Referral Talk » Reached 1k Referrals: Offering Advice
1 2 3
Created: 2011-02-28 20:40:11
propooper98
US (FL) silver
Why stop now?
Total posts: 847
Hey there PS2, I'm extremely happy to announce that I recently hit 1k refs. =)
It seems many people have trouble getting some, so in this thread, I will try to address all questions you can have on referrals, just for helping out the community.
I recently have moved on to internet marketing, and therefore, p2s is not my main priority; however, due to that, I have gained a lot of information on specifically websites, SEO, and backlinking- so I will be able to answer more questions about them, but any other questions are welcomed.
Please do not ask general, broad questions, such as "what are backlinks" or "what is you secret"- these are easily searchable in the forum, but if you have exact specifics, and have trouble finding the answer, I would love to help.
Remember, the more specific, the better for you.
If you have no questions, it'll be ok just to wish congratulations: I don't mean this thread only for questions, you can talk about what you have achieved.
High referrers, I urge you to participate, and offer advice as well; I still consider myself to be a newbie.
Thanks, and enjoy!
Bwise
UK diamond
Old Forum User
Total posts: 2719
Total Earnings: $3287.5
Wow well done :) That's a great achievement. Can you give me a hint in the best niche to use ? :p
DarkSaber
US elite
Points2shop is my specialty
Total posts: 2448
Total Earnings: $14507.54
congrats :)
propooper98
US (FL) silver
Why stop now?
Wow well doneThat's a great achievement. Can you give me a hint in the best niche to use ?Bwise

There is not really a best niche. Actually, I suggest not getting involved at all in a niche, but just focus on one product. This one key term, when focusing on site, should be relatively low competition, with high searches ( or medium) every month. You will start to gain decent refs if there is anything above 2500 searches every month: IF you are the top site.
bleepokemon22
US (FL) platinum
Am I spamming?
Total posts: 472
Total Earnings: $1143.22
Do you know of any sites that I could back link to? And exactly how do I get them to, do I just ask them or message the site?
Also how many back links do you have on your top site?
Sorry if I sound curious I:
Thanks
Exar
UK platinum
Total posts: 1504
Total Earnings: $1533.24
Do you know of any sites that I could back link to? And exactly how do I get them to, do I just ask them or message the site? Also how many back links do you have on your top site? Sorry if I sound curious I: Thanks bleepokemon22

You can contact admin of certain websites and ask to be link partners but most will want you to contribute some money or at least a have a certain ammount of page veiws a day (to send them a decent amount too)

At least 1/2 the sites you use everday can be linked on:

Blogs for example, ok some are DoFollow and some are NoFollow - Both will bring you traffic, just that DoFollow will only help with rankings and link juice. To find theese just search for your topics then refine it under blogs. Comment away but remeber to make the comment worthy (dont even mention your website except in the link obv.)

Social sharing sites are great to get in on. Search engines do count theese sites knowledge of your sites into the rankng proccess, and most of theese sites you can get some links from. Bookmarking sites generates a link to you. The more people bookmark your site - the more links+traffic. Facebook, Twitter, Digg, Delicious, Google Buzz, Reddit and Stumbleupon are just some examples.

Profiles Yep you got it. Most profile pages on websites have a link space too and a lot allow a DoFollow link to your site. Saves you the hassle of being banned in the forums section for links lol. (this happened to me, I was banned from a certain forum but my links are still DoFollow in my profile page which I can still access) Facebook, Bebo, Myspace, Excite, Google Profiles, Yahoo Profiles or gaming sites, whatever!

I think I blabbed enough just now lol.

Exar
Need advice on SEO?Read My SEO Breakdown|----------------------------------| | Help put an end to Cancer by Donating to Cancer Research|
propooper98
US (FL) silver
Why stop now?
Do you know of any sites that I could back link to? And exactly how do I get them to, do I just ask them or message the site?
Also how many back links do you have on your top site?
Sorry if I sound curious I:
Thanksbleepokemon22

I only have about 150, but they are from HIGH pr blogs, etc, which have little OBL, so my link juice is high. To match this with normal blogs you will find, or profile pages, it is roughly 1.5k.
Other than that, Exar just gave you a nice little explanation. =)
NYY1313
US (AZ) elite
Total posts: 2405
Date of Birth: 1994-02-03
Total Earnings: $3792.97
congrats on 1000 refs. im still focusing on 10 so i can become platinum :p
propooper98
US (FL) silver
Why stop now?
congrats on 1000 refs. im still focusing on 10 so i can become platinumNYY1313

congratsDarkSaber

thank you both.
Bwise
UK diamond
Old Forum User
Total posts: 2719
Total Earnings: $3287.5
Thanks for the response, that's actually what I'm doing lol, confusing myself. Hopefully I picked a good one this time, the first one was rubbish.

1 2 3
You are not logged in.

Chat History

will load when you scroll to the bottom