More options
Points2Shop Forums » Suggestions » Offer remove shoutbox in preferences...
1 2
Created: 2011-01-06 11:00:02
Irondog
US (WI) gold
Am I spamming?
Total posts: 311
Date of Birth: 1978-11-20
Total Earnings: $961.19
While many seem to pass their days with the wonderful dribble that comes from it, I, as well as many others, would request the ability to nullify this filthy beast known as the shoutbox.

I am tired of watching people use it as an instant messege service and would like it removed..

(Thank you in advance for all your reasons why this is not a good idea, but I'm only suggesting it should be an option to remove...)
2010-02-13 06:45:18
lacrimosaangel
UK moderator
Points2shop is my specialty
Total posts: 2375
Date of Birth: 1988-05-14
Total Earnings: $1519.78
I actually think that this is somewhat of a good idea, to have a "hide" option (Without having to minimize on each page)

Though I have to say that your choice of wording could have been more appropriate. I sense that this is likely to start a flame war. If you wouldn't mind rephrasing so that it is less insulting, it would be preferable.
~Running around in circles feeling caged by endless rules...~
ChrisLikesFreeStuff
UK elite
Total posts: 1031
Date of Birth: 1992-10-22
Total Earnings: $722.71
If you click the little downward facing arrow at the top of the shoutbox, it minimizes it, and therefore you can't see it. In my opinion (worthless, I'm sure, but meh), adding an option to remove the shoutbox completely would be extra work, and unnecessary when there is the option to minimize. Good thinking, though
popeye
UK legend
Old Forum User
Total posts: 2956
Total Earnings: $2850.87
you have the option of closing the shoutbox just click the little circle with the triangle in it.
Just here for the banter.. ....and the cash.. ..cash to paypal $1097.42 ツ-
connorconway
UK elite
Old Forum User
Total posts: 2671
Date of Birth: 1992-06-30
Total Earnings: $681.94

I actually like the shout-box; it gives something extra to do and it's fun to get to know everyone :)

If you click the little downward facing arrow at the top of the shoutbox, it minimizes it, and therefore you can't see it. In my opinion (worthless, I'm sure, but meh), adding an option to remove the shoutbox completely would be extra work, and unnecessary when there is the option to minimize. Good thinking, thoughChrisLikesFreeStuff

Whilst I agree that I think this would be too much effort when it's not really 'needed', you have to minimise the shout-box every time you go into a new page which is really annoying :o

So, maybe a smaller feature could be that when you minimise the shout-box it could stay minimised until you choose to maximise it again?
Irondog
US (WI) gold
Am I spamming?
I agree with connorconway, constantly minimizing is ridiculous..

and to Lacrismosaangel...I would hope those who are offended by me would stop reading my posts. I have a harsh personality that doesn't agree with everyone but I am certainly not racist. My wife and I got quite a laugh out of it, though!
pirate1122
US (GA) platinum
Total posts: 1054
Date of Birth: 1996-01-04
I agree with connorconway, constantly minimizing is ridiculous..

and to Lacrismosaangel...I would hope those who are offended by me would stop reading my posts. I have a harsh personality that doesn't agree with everyone but I am certainly not racist. My wife and I got quite a laugh out of it, though!Irondog

its not about a harsh personality its just the way things are said. for example: you can tell someone something taste awful or youc an suggest a better way to cook it.
instead of saying "While many seem to pass their days with the wonderful dribble that comes from it, I, as well as many others, would request the ability to nullify this filthy beast known as the shoutbox." simply say " while i know others appreciate and enjoy the shoutbox, i would greatly appreciate the option to be able to hide it on every page."
that way no one is offended and your point is still understood.
6 hours of joy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYwqKKc1VCQ
Irondog
US (WI) gold
Am I spamming?
if that's your main goal, pirate...

I like the way I said it the first time, but thank you.

(See, I'm trying!)
xsolidsnake123x
US (WV) platinum
Half way there
Total posts: 519
Date of Birth: 1991-02-21
Total Earnings: $410.65
is it really that big of a deal,when im doing offers or whatever i just ignore it.
i didn't even know you could hide it until i checked out this post lol
LadyPanddorra
US (WA) legend
Total posts: 1347
Date of Birth: 1984-12-18
Total Earnings: $2565.69
If you don't like it don't look at it. No one is forcing you to look at it. Yes people use it for chatting but it is also used to ask question about offers and the site in general. In my opinion the shout box is one of the thing that makes P2S better than other gpt sites. It is a great way to make friends and get advice. Yes sometimes the chatting gets out of control and that is what the mods are for.

1 2
You are not logged in.

Chat History

will load when you scroll to the bottom