More options
Points2Shop Forums » Referral Talk » Aim for PR5, and above? Or no?
1 2
Created: 2010-11-22 02:19:38
propooper98
US (FL) silver
Why stop now?
Total posts: 847
Well, I know its hard to work with pr5s and above, so I was thinking that perhaps I can get a whole bunch of less powerful ones to work with instead: would those work out enough to give me sit enough boast? Because the thing is, I can't really find any good sites that offer things in my topic, so even if I did get the links, it wouldn't be relating to my topic. Less powerful links however, I can do that with. So tell me - what do you think?
P.s. My site: www.getfreerunecapemembership dot com
xXShaddowTXx
US (NV) gold
Points2shop is my specialty
Total posts: 1299
Date of Birth: 1995-09-05
Total Earnings: $380.12
What are pr5s?
propooper98
US (FL) silver
Why stop now?
If you don't know then..... nvm its kinda long to explain. Google it=D
xXShaddowTXx
US (NV) gold
Total posts: 1299
Date of Birth: 1995-09-05
Total Earnings: $380.12
:D alright lol
lilbtmf
US (GA) elite
Senior Poster
Total posts: 136
Date of Birth: 1991-07-18
Total Earnings: $1141.58
alright lolxXShaddowTXx

haha it is sites with a page rank of 5, and in many cases, sometimes only certain pages have page rank on a site, wile others have none.

Anyway to answer your question, it would almost be pointless trying to get links from any PR's at all if they aren't related to your site at all.

I understand you may find it hard to find links for your subject, but some of that could be avoided by ALWAYS starting the creation of a site through keyword research. A successful site always needs a strong foundation.

Your website is just like a building; You don't want anything that can cease its growth due to a few issues along the way, and making unnecessary moves to improve value is like building an arm to your house when u should be building up.....

Lol it makes it look.... a bit more unique but its no point in it being there

Sorry i find examples gets people to understand a bit better
If you learn how to properly advertise, your ref's first impression would never be "scam site." Check out my List of Recommended Resources to Make your pitch sound legit.
Exar
UK platinum
Total posts: 1504
Total Earnings: $1533.24
Page rank is how Google and other search engines grade a website by how popular (how many inbound links it has) PR10 is the highest. BUT every page has it's own grade. So placing your link in say 'polka or summin thats boring lol' will not help. You need to get it on the high PR pages for it to really count. Most page rank 0's are hated as most scams/phishing sites only have that pr. Most peole dont want to link to a PR0 but once you get to a PR of 1 you will notice things change a bit.

What PR is your website ?
I'd imagine 0 or 1 seen as you didnt know what it is (no offence lol)

Exar
Need advice on SEO?Read My SEO Breakdown|----------------------------------| | Help put an end to Cancer by Donating to Cancer Research|
muffinrecon
US bronze
Am I spamming?
Total posts: 320
get all the pr5 links you can. You want alot of linkjuice. then work with other. Make sure they are do-follow links.
Exar
UK platinum
One really vital piece of info for page rank is that you need a really good internal klinking system for it to work the best.

E.G. If I have 2 pages A and B : If they are not internaly linked google will give them a page rank of 0.85 (why some sites find it hard to even get PR1)

Why?

Your whole websites rank is shared amongst everypage within a site. E.G. If i have the same two pages (A+B) with no links they share a page rank of 1 between them and somehow goole works it to each page gets 0.85 (go figure but stay with me for a second this is reall good info.)

If i have them internaly linked both A->B and B->A they will get a shared ranking of 1.0. With me ?

If your main page is rank 5 and your site has 5 pages (badly linked) Google sees them as separate pages or something (not sure why) but they end up with a ranking of 1 (total rank/no. of pages.)

Same pages but with good linking. Main page is 5 and other pages are linked to and from. All the pages will rank as a 5.

Complicated but smart. Really good tip for all websites.

If anyone disagrees with this then lets see if you can explain this:

PR(a) = (1-d) + d(PR(t1)/C(t1) + ... + PR(tn)/C(tn))
This is a interprataion of Googles PR algorithim (not listing) (this is an old algorithim but the newer ones are based upon theese, just more fields entered nowadays.)

I didnt know any of this before I done my research but since then it has been invaluable to me. This may also help you achieve the best ranking on all pages before it's divided up between other pages on your site. The more pages you have the harder it is to get PR but the fewer pages you have the harder to get highly listed. It's a combination of all that makes sites PR go up really.

I myself have over 100 pages on my site which I need to get all linked to and from each other. By doing so my PR will rise alot easier with the help of good linking sites. (All of mine are higher than PR3 anyways)

Let me know if any of this helps anyone understand Google PR. I could go on about what PR sites you need to link to you to get a certain PR (link juice) and how link weight is calculated but I've said enough for one reply. I think I filled the page lol.

Exar

P.S. Google updates it's PR around every 3-4 months. Only Google knows but it is said that one is due soon so I'd get your links good and see if it changes. :D
Need advice on SEO?Read My SEO Breakdown|----------------------------------| | Help put an end to Cancer by Donating to Cancer Research|
propooper98
US (FL) silver
Why stop now?
Dang, explain more. How do I get a good pr? What pr links do I use?
Exar
UK platinum
Well put it this way. 1 good link from a PR 4 site can get you a PR of 3. Because when a site links to yours it's actualy sharing its PR. Again as in the last post link back to get the best PR out of it.

BUT link wieght is calculated by the ammount of other links on that page you are tryig to link to. E.g. If a PR 4 site has 4 outbound links on the site. That PR is shared amongst all the sites and therfore you may not get much PR because of it. But if you try to link to other 'unique' sites in the same PR category you will get the benefits. It really just depends on how much PR that page has and who t has to share it with. If you get a page with just your link on it you will get all the PR. get it?

Another thing to take into factor is that links loose their weight if you have lots of outbound links on your homepage. Try to keep theese for the high PR sites.

URL exchange is bad! :p

Exar

1 2
You are not logged in.

Chat History

will load when you scroll to the bottom