More options
Points2Shop Forums » Referral Talk » Why are some websites so high in search results?
1 2 3
Created: 2010-11-21 14:48:45
propooper98
US (FL) silver
Why stop now?
Total posts: 847
Ok, well I understand the concepts of backlinks, etc and the fact that if you have a paid for .com/.net it works out to your advantage. But recently, I've looked up a bunch of keywords, and some that get over 30k+ hits monthly, have number 1 sites, that just plain stink. Their short, undescriptive, etc. But they only have like 10-15 backlinks. Their always paid for ( usually a .net), but i just don't understand how they can remain on top position when number 2 has like 300+ back links? On top of that, their not really quantitative or qualitative in information. So- does anybody know how does that work?
Exar
UK platinum
Points2shop is my specialty
Total posts: 1504
Total Earnings: $1533.24
They are more than likely paid links or their in the yahoo directory (paid) I'm unsure but thats what makes me think.

Exar
Need advice on SEO?Read My SEO Breakdown|----------------------------------| | Help put an end to Cancer by Donating to Cancer Research|
propooper98
US (FL) silver
Why stop now?
Total posts: 847
I FINALLY found his name. Its freezice, lucky, lucky guy. But terrible website. Dang wonder how he did it....
lilbtmf
US (GA) elite
Senior Poster
Total posts: 136
Date of Birth: 1991-07-18
Total Earnings: $1141.58
I FINALLY found his name. Its freezice, lucky, lucky guy. But terrible website. Dang wonder how he did it....propooper98

Its because Backlinks arent as important as many people claim it to be. Some people can outrank sites with over 1,000 backlinks while themselves having none at all.... How they do it? SEO

Quality of content on your site is most important to google, as well as the rate it is updated.... Second comes keyword relevence, and combined they make an incredible team to beat out competition. For example:

Say you want to rank for the phrase: "Make money online"
(Of course by paying attention to this phrase you know competition is so stiff you would hardly stand a chance, but lets use it for example purposes)

Say Make money online had 85,000,000 results(competition) if you looked it up on google.

What you do is take that phrase and put it in quotes to see how much its really worth.

Now you add quotes and see its 20,000 results(competition)

Seems Much More easier to dominate right?

Now there are two ways to go about this.

1. Create A Site revolving around that one phrase to dominate and add content to it regularly. Use the phrase in:
*H1 Tags
*Article Titles(As Close To the Front As Possible)
*Domain Name(http://makemoneyonline.com)
*Blog Post titles

You Get the Idea.

Or:
2. Create A site around it along with a couple other keywords as well.
For Example:
*You choose To use http://makemoneyonline.com and the keyword phrase in the site for "make money online" as well as "how to make money", "start making money online", etc.
*From there use the same method as above.

Which one works best? It truly depends on you.

This is pretty basic IM information and if you would spend some time at the WF you would learn all of this and more.

If you would have told me the google search phrase you used as well as the site you were speaking of I could tell you exactly how and why it was outranking competition.

One last tip: Google Prefers Blogspot over Weebly By the way because google owns it and their spiders crawl those sites much more frequently.

HOWEVER: You have to have quality content on those pages in order for them to not lay down the ban hammer. so once post talking about points2shop wont cut it.

Info Source: My own experience of almost 3 years of IM and knowledge

Sorry for those who depend on backlinks so deeply, but the truth has been revealed, you can have a million backlinks, but if they arent related to your site and your content is worthless, you are just wasting your time.

I didnt proofread so if I made any errors forgive me
If you learn how to properly advertise, your ref's first impression would never be "scam site." Check out my List of Recommended Resources to Make your pitch sound legit.
Exar
UK platinum
Total posts: 1504
Total Earnings: $1533.24
Theese are definalty links though/ When you see a webpage with only 500 words on it you can guarantee that they are paying for quality links. My website is 114 pages (6 main pages that are SEO PUMPED) and this only got me to page 4 with 20 unique links. I now have 50 High PR links and my site is on the up. If you want to give your site a boost you have to pay if it's for links,hosting,domain names... whatever else, it's best to pay. Try to get your site into the DMOZ open directory and yahoo pipelines/directory and stuff and watch your ranking grow.

As many people say: 100000 bad links could not even 'weigh' tha same as 1 link from say a PR10 site. It's all about quality.

You are correct in saying that sites can be ranked well without links (look at my site) but when it comes to taking page 1 you need them.

The best advice I can suggest for getting a site ranked free well is to make a really good blog and update it regulary, using ping tools to get it picked up. Get it powered by Google Feedburner and link it to facebook,twitter, you tube etc as they are all Google companies.

Exar
Need advice on SEO?Read My SEO Breakdown|----------------------------------| | Help put an end to Cancer by Donating to Cancer Research|
lilbtmf
US (GA) elite
Senior Poster
Its because Backlinks arent as important as many people claim it to be. Some people can outrank sites with over 1,000 backlinks while themselves having none at all.... How they do it? SEO

Quality of content on your site is most important to google, as well as the rate it is updated.... Second comes keyword relevence, and combined they make an incredible team to beat out competition. For example:

Say you want to rank for the phrase: "Make money online"
(Of course by paying attention to this phrase you know competition is so stiff you would hardly stand a chance, but lets use it for example purposes)

Say Make money online had 85,000,000 results(competition) if you looked it up on google.

What you do is take that phrase and put it in quotes to see how much its really worth.

Now you add quotes and see its 20,000 results(competition)

Seems Much More easier to dominate right?

Now there are two ways to go about this.

1. Create A Site revolving around that one phrase to dominate and add content to it regularly. Use the phrase in:
*H1 Tags
*Article Titles(As Close To the Front As Possible)
*Domain Name(http://makemoneyonline.com)
*Blog Post titles

You Get the Idea.

Or:
2. Create A site around it along with a couple other keywords as well.
For Example:
*You choose To use http://makemoneyonline.com and the keyword phrase in the site for "make money online" as well as "how to make money", "start making money online", etc.
*From there use the same method as above.

Which one works best? It truly depends on you.

This is pretty basic IM information and if you would spend some time at the WF you would learn all of this and more.

If you would have told me the google search phrase you used as well as the site you were speaking of I could tell you exactly how and why it was outranking competition.

One last tip: Google Prefers Blogspot over Weebly By the way because google owns it and their spiders crawl those sites much more frequently.

HOWEVER: You have to have quality content on those pages in order for them to not lay down the ban hammer. so once post talking about points2shop wont cut it.

Info Source: My own experience of almost 3 years of IM and knowledge

Sorry for those who depend on backlinks so deeply, but the truth has been revealed, you can have a million backlinks, but if they arent related to your site and your content is worthless, you are just wasting your time.

I didnt proofread so if I made any errors forgive melilbtmf

O yea one thing to add is you typically want competition to be 75,000 or less in quotes to easily dominate the phrase, and you want monthly searches for that keyword to be at least 1,000 or more to get a decent amount of traffic from it.

Perhaps I've said too much already but I don't mind giving away this basic info. Soon my site will be added to my profile to teach this in more details and so much more as well to even quit your 9 to 5, or enough funds to make people think you have one :)

Hope this stuff helps
If you learn how to properly advertise, your ref's first impression would never be "scam site." Check out my List of Recommended Resources to Make your pitch sound legit.
muffinrecon
US bronze
Am I spamming?
Total posts: 320
Some of these sites have alot of pages indexed in google. Some have alot of internal backlinks that are indexed in google. Some just don;t have much Seo competition, and some choose extremely good keywords.
lilbtmf
US (GA) elite
Senior Poster
Theese are definalty links though/ When you see a webpage with only 500 words on it you can guarantee that they are paying for quality links. My website is 114 pages (6 main pages that are SEO PUMPED) and this only got me to page 4 with 20 unique links. I now have 50 High PR links and my site is on the up. If you want to give your site a boost you have to pay if it's for links,hosting,domain names... whatever else, it's best to pay. Try to get your site into the DMOZ open directory and yahoo pipelines/directory and stuff and watch your ranking grow.

As many people say: 100000 bad links could not even 'weigh' tha same as 1 link from say a PR10 site. It's all about quality.

You are correct in saying that sites can be ranked well without links (look at my site) but when it comes to taking page 1 you need them.

The best advice I can suggest for getting a site ranked free well is to make a really good blog and update it regulary, using ping tools to get it picked up. Get it powered by Google Feedburner and link it to facebook,twitter, you tube etc as they are all Google companies.

ExarExar

Actually I disagree, maybe for the site the OP of this thread spoke of could have been ranked #1 due to links, there are quite a few that only use SEO and quality content to do the exact same thing, some even with no content at all and the keyword phrase simply as a domain name outranking sites with 1,000s of backlinks.

Backlinks and PR isn't #1 priority to Google, SEO and content is and as long as you have enough of that on your site you wouldn't need not 1 Backlink.

This isn't my opinion either, it's stated fact by hundreds of other experienced internet marketers.

Now SEO+Content+Quality-Backlinks Should Be Your True Goal, But its wise not spending a lot of time on backinks, 5 minutes with the right free tools is all you need for more than enough
xXShaddowTXx
US (NV) gold
Total posts: 1299
Date of Birth: 1995-09-05
Total Earnings: $380.12
Wow this is incredible I did not know that in fact I just started a blog and i was just looking around for how to get tons of back links thank you for saving me the time :D

Just in case let me see if I get this.

I have a blog on Blogspot so Google would already prefer my site as to one precisely like it run on Weebly.

I do need back links and more would be better but only if they are to sites that are strongly related to what my site talks about in this case "gaming news."

But I do have one question.

Can you please clarify listing more things you can do to make your key words to stick out to Google more? I really need help on this.

Thank you and great advise you gave :D
lilbtmf
US (GA) elite
Senior Poster
Wow this is incredible I did not know that in fact I just started a blog and i was just looking around for how to get tons of back links thank you for saving me the time

Just in case let me see if I get this.

I have a blog on Blogspot so Google would already prefer my site as to one precisely like it run on Weebly.

I do need back links and more would be better but only if they are to sites that are strongly related to what my site talks about in this case "gaming news."

But I do have one question.

Can you please clarify listing more things you can do to make your key wordstick out to Google more? I really need help on this.

Thank you and great advise you gavexXShaddowTXx

Thats good to hear! You're definitely on the right track!

Lets see i'll give one more trick to it away that I've learned:

well it is of course true that domains definitely outrank subdomains any day:

Example if ranking for "make money"

http://makemoney.com beats http://makemoney.blogspot.com

However, even that subdomain can beat other domains with enough content

Example: http://makemoney.blogspot.com will beat http://fastcash.com

Also another experienced warrior discussed with me that usually 10 pages of content is the number to go for extremely fast indexing in google, especially the case for low competition keywords.

Ha gave you two tips for the price of none :)

Perhaps I should make a thread :p

Anyway hope I Helped ^_^

1 2 3
You are not logged in.

Chat History

will load when you scroll to the bottom