More options
Points2Shop Forums » News, Announcements & Contests » Over 60 New Smileys Added to Shoutbox
1 2 3
Created: 2010-10-18 16:24:59
fritteritter
US (OH) diamond
Why stop now?
Total posts: 880
Date of Birth: 1987-05-17
Total Earnings: $2074.98
We have added about 70 new smileys and fun icons to the shoutbox!

See the Shoutbox Help page to learn how to add each new icon. That's the Help button above the shoutbox, then the Smileys/Emoticons link. In addition to the new smiles, winks, and emotions, there are a bunch of new icons, like gift, ghost, and robot. We hope that these will be fun!

All of the new icons follow a simple format, just a keyword inside ::, like : rainbow: :rainbow: or : alien: :alien: and they can also be used in forums and messages.

Feedback is welcome, if there is something else in the icon set (see below) that should be added, or if something should be removed - let us know!

If you voted in JayTylor's smilies poll, unfortunately the winning icons were not licensed for use on commercial web sites. Also, all the details in them were lost when we tried to scale them down to the right size for the shoutbox. The new icons are from the outstanding Fugue icon set by Yusuke Kamiyamane, used under Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License

:blue: :confused: :cool: :cry: :eek: :evil: :evilgrin: :fat: :greed: :green: :grin: :kiss: :kitty: :lol: :mad: :nervous: :neutral: :red: :rolleyes: :sad: :sleep: :slim: :small: :smile: :surprise: :sweat: :tongue: :wink: :yell: :zip: :alien: :bag: :bug: :cake: :check: :clouds: :cookie: :crown: :eye: :food: :ghost: :gift: :heart: :lifesaver: :light: :lightning: :moon: :note: :note2: :note3: :rainbow: :ring: :robot: :rocket: :snow: :snowman: :sun: :thumbdown: :thumbup: :umbrella: :wand: :water: :x: :yinyang:
stanj028
UK platinum
Points2shop is my specialty
Total posts: 1447
Total Earnings: $96.75
'beyond smiles' spelling error or purpose messageing? :)

EDIT: I understand there not smilies but maybe something like 'Extras' would be more suitable?
█║▌│█│║▌║││█║▌│║█║▌ © Official Profile
SSager618
US (OH) platinum
Total posts: 1081
Date of Birth: 1983-06-18
Total Earnings: $504.1
They are awesome
lacrimosaangel
UK moderator
Total posts: 2375
Date of Birth: 1988-05-14
Total Earnings: $1519.78
Can we have a :facepalm: icon please? I use xD all the time when I do something silly, it would be good to have an icon for it!
~Running around in circles feeling caged by endless rules...~
agm1992
UK moderator
Points2Helper
Total posts: 5662
Date of Birth: 1992-12-01
Total Earnings: $2448.85
Hammer icon would be good (and i know its in the p2s database somewhere) :p
My Steam Profile
  • Worth: $4512 ($1217 with sales)
  • Games owned: 385
  • Games not played: 330 [i](86%)
  • Hours on record: 293.3h
fritteritter
US (OH) diamond
Why stop now?
Total posts: 880
Date of Birth: 1987-05-17
Total Earnings: $2074.98
I'm not sure how far down the road it is, but the next time the shoutbox is updated, it will include a small button above the message box to show and let you choose smileys easier. We wanted to get the new icons up first since it is so highly requested :) oops, i mean :smile:
dtk763r5
US platinum
Old Forum User
Total posts: 4507
Love Mr. Green :green:

Lovin' the new smilies! :thumbup:
pacifisto0o0o
US (CA) gold
New Poster
Total posts: 11
Date of Birth: 1983-04-23
Total Earnings: $270.44
I play video games alot so I'm going to have to like the alien: smiley! :)
"
Lechiez
US (OR) platinum
Getting Chatty
Total posts: 20
Date of Birth: 1984-02-22
Total Earnings: $425.47
Sweeeeeeeeet! :thumbup:
2010-10-02 01:08:31
1990david
US (CA) diamond
Half way there