More options
Points2Shop Forums » Discussion » Is Amazon the most reliable?
1 2
Created: 2009-01-26 03:43:29
cronic22
US (CA) platinum
Half way there
Total posts: 510
Date of Birth: 1981-08-29
Total Earnings: $250.91
Hey, I was closing in on my goal and I am starting to wonder....is Amazon the most reliable of the vendors on the list? I have no problem with them at all, I got my first prize from Amazon and it came in great condition, but this one...there is almost a 1k point difference from Amazon to the other vendor I saw and thats 1k points including shipping. They both say new for condition.

But also, and as crazy as this might sound...is it better for us on P2S to buy off of Amazon to help the site? Or does it really matter as long as we order something here?

I guess its just late and my brain is dead...but would it be best to just order from Amazon and not deal with the others on the list?
Akari
US elite
Points2Helper
Total posts: 5833
Amazon has the best support if your item happens to be broken, in terms of offering refunds/replacements (usually they send a replacement for free). However, if the price difference is large enough, you probably should just go for a merchant seller. I also try to only buy new items where possible, and for new things, Amazon can't do TOO much better than a merchant.
僕のいない朝は 今よりずっと 素晴らしくて 全ての歯車が噛み合った きっと そんな世界だ
pierreplover
US (LA) elite
Points2shop is my specialty
Total posts: 2099
Total Earnings: $971.31
I don't think it matters who you buy from. If I find a good deal through another merchant/seller, I go to amazon.com and look at that seller's ratings. If they have good ratings and comments, I order from them. Stuff happens no matter who you order from, but any problem is usually resolved rather painlessly with any seller/merchant on amazon.com. I've ordered A LOT of items ordinary sellers with no problem. Just my experience. But do look at their rating before you buy from them.
cronic22
US (CA) platinum
Half way there
Total posts: 510
Date of Birth: 1981-08-29
Total Earnings: $250.91
Thanks, for the advise :) I was going to look at more detail about the other sellers when I got my last 2k points, but I was thinking why not just look now. Saw the one for so cheap had no feedback at all, and the first one that did got a bunch of bad reviews. So 2k points is looking just fine now lol.

Thanks again :)
MattWell333
UK silver
Senior Poster
Total posts: 107
Date of Birth: Unknown
Total Earnings: $14.54
Yes! They are very reliable! My mum brought a whole set of book, they were used but still were almost brand new!
msgopher
US (AL) elite
Total posts: 1696
Date of Birth: 1964-04-09
Total Earnings: $463.2
go to amazon and read the feedback for that seller. always read feedback for individual sellers from any site. that will tell you if the seller is reputable.
ballerbryan4
US (OH) silver
Senior Poster
Total posts: 188
Total Earnings: $4.15
Yeah, amazon is easily the most reliable.
cmpunk771
UK platinum
Total posts: 2391
Date of Birth: 1994-03-21
Total Earnings: $286.71
i t is also good because it has everything on it!!
STAFF SPOTLIGHT- http://www.points2shop.com/topic/52832/Staff-Spotlight-Week-1/1 Learn about the staff members!!!
PyroJoe
UK platinum
Total posts: 2375
Date of Birth: 1992-07-26
Total Earnings: $2560.79
I would put my trust in them. I ordered my iPod Touch from them and it came over a weekend! Seriously...Amazon are very trustworthy, and if anything did happen then its a known website and one bad thing could ruin their name so, yeh they are good!
Points2show
US (MN) bronze
Used to the forums
Total posts: 41
Total Earnings: $-0.92
Amazon does have good support

1 2
You are not logged in. This topic is locked and no new replies can be posted.

Chat History

will load when you scroll to the bottom