Points2Shop Forums » Free Stuff » $100-$175 off DirecTV subscription
Created: 2010-09-14 14:21:27
fritteritter
US (OH) diamond
Why stop now?
Total posts: 880
Date of Birth: 1987-05-17
Total Earnings: $2074.98
If you're thinking about switching your TV provider, now is a great time! I have already done this deal, here is how it worked for me last year:

Last summer we signed up for DirecTV through their referral program using a Points2Shop user jenlynn30's coupon code. We got $10 off for each of the first 10 months, $100 total. In addition to that, before signing up I clicked through a cash back site that was offering $50 cash back for new DirecTV subscribers. I got both the $100 discount and the $50 cash back! Jenlynn30 also got $10 off her bill for 10 months for referring us. We really like DirecTV, it's cheaper than cable and the channel selection is much better.

Currently, there is a Points2Shop/Cashle offer for $75 off DirecTV which might stack with the $100 coupon! Since the $50 cash back worked for me last year, I think the $75 offer would work as well in addition to the $100 coupon code, at the very least you would still get $100 off.

You have to sign a 2 year contract for DirecTV so don't try this if you don't plan to keep it that long... go to the offer and click Visit Offer to go to DirecTV. Then, before choosing a package or doing anything else on the offer, go to http://www.directv.com/refer and enter the coupon code 052172644. Now you'll see the same page you saw after clicking on the offer - just choose a package on that page and sign up!

You'll get $10 off every month for 10 months, plus if all goes well you will also get the $75 from Points2Shop! That is on top of other discounts like $5 off per month for ordering online, the 12 month intro discount (usually about $16/mo), etc. We paid about $25/mo average for over 150 channels :)
rickrtickr
US (IL) gold
Senior Poster
Total posts: 132
Total Earnings: $41.08
cool
2010-08-31 15:58:56
bubbybobble
US gold
Points2shop is my specialty
Total posts: 1228
Good deal, Fritteritter! :) I'd go for it if it wasn't for the fact that I already have DirecTV.

They've got good programing, and they're more willing to work with us than DishNetwork. When we had a problem with our service they made sure to credit us for the time we were without cable, and even gave us free Showtime for a few months for our troubles!

EDIT: Sweet baby Jesus! Could a plat or mod have a look at some of the spam comments on that DirecTV offer, and remove them? :o
http://www.cashle.com/offers/12990/DirecTV--Subscription-Packages

Currently saving points and cash for: I dunno lol With the cash I earned with Cashle I was able to afford a 360 for myself! A big thanks to everyone who helps make this such an awesome site!
fritteritter
US (OH) diamond
Why stop now?
Total posts: 880
Date of Birth: 1987-05-17
Total Earnings: $2074.98
Glad to hear you like it too. The only real problem we have is bad signal during storms. In that case we just switch the TV to computer input and watch something online :)
bubbybobble
US gold
Points2shop is my specialty
Total posts: 1228
Yes, I have had that happen at times. Though it isn't anywhere as bad as what I had to endure with Dish and Cox cable. It usually happens only during really bad storms, ones that are bad enough to where you'd want to unplug your electronics anyways.

:) And the occasional storm taking away our TV for a while isn't a bother, since I have GBA and DS. So it's all good!
Currently saving points and cash for: I dunno lol With the cash I earned with Cashle I was able to afford a 360 for myself! A big thanks to everyone who helps make this such an awesome site!

You are not logged in.

Chat History

will load when you scroll to the bottom