More options
Points2Shop Forums » Referral Talk » Would you sign up?
Created: 2010-07-18 06:04:23
nitemare12
US (NE) platinum
Old Forum User
Total posts: 2608
Date of Birth: 1994-03-18
Total Earnings: $393.38
Would you sign up to Points2shop if you saw this website? Tell me why or why not. Right now only 1 out of 100 people who go to it, sign up, and I want to know why it's so low. Maybe it's the .weebly domain? Maybe the sentences? Maybe the Pictures? Please tell me.
'All because of you I believe in angels. Not the kind with wings, no, not the kind with halos; the kind that bring you home when home becomes a strange place.' - Rise Against
acrazytwist
US (OR) gold
Junior Poster
Total posts: 76
Date of Birth: 1990-01-21
Total Earnings: $393.14
Pretty cool website. If you dont want a weebly domain you should go to dot.tk and you can make your long weebly name into a short .tk name. its free.
2010-04-25 14:21:26
nitemare12
US (NE) platinum
Old Forum User
I've tried that, but when I do that, it's considered an entirely different website, so I lose all the SEO I worked so hard for. It's number 1 in bing for 'pre order portal 2' so I don't want that. Also, when I do that, It doesn't show ANY meta tags, or keywords, so it wouldn't come up in searches anyways.
'All because of you I believe in angels. Not the kind with wings, no, not the kind with halos; the kind that bring you home when home becomes a strange place.' - Rise Against
acrazytwist
US (OR) gold
Junior Poster
Total posts: 76
Date of Birth: 1990-01-21
Total Earnings: $393.14
also people like simmitry, your page is kinda all over the place try to keep it even so people can see everything in the order you want them to see it.
2010-04-25 14:21:26
AngusCP
UK diamond
Points2shop is my specialty
Total posts: 1004
Total Earnings: $1471.01
Make it for colourful, change the white background to a bright colour, add bigger pictures
nitemare12
US (NE) platinum
Old Forum User
acrazytwist, Check it now, how's this?
chi123
US (IL) diamond
Points2shop is my specialty
Total posts: 1199
Date of Birth: 1992-10-13
Total Earnings: $26478.46
I would say it's the design and where you place your referral link. I'll give you an example of one of my websites, it's new and only a week old but has gotten me 15 referrals already out of the 70 total visitors.

http://www.getfreepsncodes.com

You want a clean design but nothing simple that like 100 other people here on Points2Shop has. I've seen that same template on many other sites. Also, try to get rid of that huge image and place your referral link somewhere on the page where they won't have to scroll down at all. Don't simply post your referral link either, make it text like "Sign Up Here".
nitemare12
US (NE) platinum
Old Forum User
Well Thank you very much chi, I was really waiting for somebody who's really good at this to give me their opinion. I'm going to start working on an entirely new design/layout. I'll look for a new picture, I didn't really think it looked very good with such a big picture anyways. Maybe a picture about the size of a banner? I'll make it say 'Pre Order Portal 2 For Free', and link to points2shop. Anyways thanks all for your input, I really appreciate it. Hopefully I can start getting more referrals.
Also, chi, Do you recommend getting a .com? Or do you think I'll be fine with .weebly?
ccricers
US (IL) elite
Am I spamming?
Total posts: 414
Total Earnings: $1043.09
Chi, that's a very good site you have. It's very slick and yet still easy to understand. I'm capable of making a site with a good landing page (also very important) though still hunting around for a good domain name to use.
nitemare12
US (NE) platinum
Old Forum User
Changed it up a bit, I had to use layout they already had because I FAIL at html, but I think it looks kind of good. I don't think TOO many people use it. I also Capitalized more words, to make it more.. professional. Banner is at the top now, I think it looks better like that.

You are not logged in.

Chat History

will load when you scroll to the bottom