More options
Points2Shop Forums » Free Stuff » DxO OpticsPro 11 Photo Editing Software (Essential Edition, Digital Download)
Created: 2017-10-05 22:50:47
kea2525
US diamond
Half way there
Total posts: 584
Total Earnings: $1266.33
http://www.dxo.com/us/practicalphotography offers their DxO OpticsPro 11 Photo Editing Software (Essential Edition, Digital Download) for Free when you fill out the form with your email address.

Note, you will receive an email with a personal activation code for the DxO OpticsPro 11 Essential Edition and a download link.
saturnblkg
US (NH) moderator
Am I spamming?
Total posts: 351
Date of Birth: 1976-05-10
Total Earnings: $4542.17
I will go ahead and approve this one this time, in the future, please send the link to a mod first to determine if its one that fits the rules.

Thank you
kea2525
US diamond
Half way there
Ok thanks.

I was under the impression that this fell under the 'Downloaded (Games, software etc)' rule? But will do
saturnblkg
US (NH) moderator
Am I spamming?
Total posts: 351
Date of Birth: 1976-05-10
Total Earnings: $4542.17
Freebies which may be allowed

If you feel you have a freebie from the list below that is of exceptional quality it may be allowed. BEFORE posting you must contact one of the following moderators and name them in your post; chevychic255 or shelbinator. Failure to do so or lying about approval will result in removal.

:moon: Xbox Freebies (Avatar Clothes, Themes, Games etc) Read this for more info
:moon: Downloads (Games, software etc)
:moon: Free Trials
kea2525
US diamond
Half way there
saturnblkg I had no idea you had replied to this topic until you PMed me.

I would like to point out that a lot of these tech and software freebies are time sensitive and having to PM a moderator is just way to much to ask/effort. Maybe I would have a few years ago but the fact that I am no longer on this site daily or even if I pop in its not more then a minute its clear there's no point in posting these kinds of freebies.

I would also like to point out what one mod enforces, another does not so this inconsistency is too much of a hassle.

Thanks
shelbinator
UK moderator
Points2Helper
Total posts: 5028
Whilst some freebies may be time sensitive (i.e. expiring soon or other members my post first), you should always be checking to see if they meet the rules and if you require permission to post you must ask. Moderators are on the site daily and should respond within 24 hours. I personally get notifications to my mobile phone in the event I receive a PM. I would recommend adding all the moderators approving freebies to your message, this will increase your chances of a response.

As long as you name the moderator who approved your freebie in the post there will be no problem. If one moderator agree's on the quality of the freebie whilst another disagrees, this will be down to the moderating team to resolve amongst themselves.

The rules of the freebie forum are in place to ensure only valid and good quality freebies are earning lottery tickets. I shall explain why using text from a topic I have previously made;

It is not an unknown fact that the rules for posting in the freebie forum are strict and moderators notoriously ruthless when it comes to removing posts. A common response people give is anger at their posts being remove stating it is unfair and they lost 2 tickets (sometimes points). The 2 ticket rule is there to force people to check their posts carefully before posting, however even the regular posters lose tickets as we make no exceptions in bending the rules for others. If you do per chance notice your post is invalid message a mod asking to change it or edit your post with a valid freebie before it is removed. But a moderator has no responsibility to message you to change your freebie, we remove countless amounts of posts, mostly preventable by reading the rules.

Okay, so now I've explained a bit about that, I shall now answer the question at hand. Users receive lottery tickets for posting in the freebie forum which are used in the P2S lottery and as many know that can reach to over $250 worth of points! Therefore each post could be worth the jackpot, or even the smaller prizes of 5 tickets to $10. So it would be unfair for a user to win any kind of reward from a ticket earned from an invalid post (intentional or accidental). Imagine how angry you would feel if you discovered the lottery jackpot was won by a user who made an awful or invalid freebie post. This is why we are so strict, we will remove posts that don't meet standards or follow the rules and we will not change the stance towards this. But we aren't completely heartless, for example any posts made before the last lottery was drawn will not be removed (Valid or invalid). Now then of course there are going to be times when a mod misses a topic or things get overseen, we are normal people with normal(ish) lives and responsibilities. We do the best we can, if you feel as if something has gone amiss, comment on the topic, message a mod and/or report the post. It will get seen to as quickly as possible. So long paragraph short: 'Each post could be worth up to $250+, so it would be unfair for someone to win the jackpot on an invalid ticket'.

You are not logged in.

Chat History

will load when you scroll to the bottom