More options
Points2Shop Forums » Discussion » Is this place dead?
1 2
Created: 2017-01-11 08:17:16
Robert89
UK gold
Why stop now?
Total posts: 895
Date of Birth: 1989-05-06
Total Earnings: $761.77
The chatbox has pretty much grind to a halt, the admin won't reply to my ticket (opened 4 months ago..) I can't find a single video offer that works and what happened to the 1 point click offers? Infact i can't find anything in the way of decent offers, only surveys.

I don't know, but the site feels somewhat derelict and abandoned these days and not the thriving place it once was. It's all very depressing. I wonder if the redesign had anything to do with it? If it aint broke don't fix it.
2010-04-24 09:58:12
saturnblkg
US (NH) moderator
Am I spamming?
Total posts: 351
Date of Birth: 1976-05-10
Total Earnings: $4537.9
More and more people earn vs talking in shout. As for earning options, surveys are the best way to earn. Videos you can right click and open in a new tab, sometimes they credit. sometimes they don't. I will also admit the site is in a transition phase right now where the older members have moved on due to life or whatever other reasons they may have and new members are coming in, but overall, p2s is just as strong as ever and will keep getting stronger. As for the 1 point click offers, I don't think they have been around for awhile now.
killerseed
UK legend
Senior Poster
Total posts: 208
Date of Birth: 1981-10-19
Total Earnings: $6206.64
I wouldn't say this place is dead, in fact it is indeed thriving. p2s as a business decided to steer away from the offers side of things a few years ago and focus directly on gaining partnerships with research providers instead.
The move resulted in a whole lot more, higher paying surveys and more surveys with external studies with healthy incentives attached :)

I myself managed to earn in excess of $2k here in both 2015 & 2016, and in all honesty most of the time with very little effort.
There are still an abundance of offers also, on the external walls ( 2 of which were newly added between 2014-2016)

the shoutbox has become quiet, that will happen when members would rather earn than chat, and as was previously mentioned, a lot of the old members have moved on due to real life situations etc.

All in all p2s is still a very active community, which still grows by the day :)
Robert89
UK gold
Why stop now?
Perhaps i was being a bit pessimistic. I would've thought the newer members would've kept Shoutbox active, but it seems the core P2S stalwarts are the ones who kept it running. I moved on aswell, but i still dip in and out, and about to redeem my biggest prize to date with more than 10000 points saved up over the years lol.

I haven't done a survey in a while, but may do if ever i need a new goal. I just miss the wonderful Fisher Investments :(

Glad to hear the userbase is still as strong as ever :)
Robert89
UK gold
Why stop now?
I wouldn't say this place is dead, in fact it is indeed thriving. p2s as a business decided to steer away from the offers side of things a few years ago and focus directly on gaining partnerships with research providers instead.
The move resulted in a whole lot more, higher paying surveys and more surveys with external studies with healthy incentives attached :)

I myself managed to earn in excess of $2k here in both 2015 & 2016, and in all honesty most of the time with very little effort.
There are still an abundance of offers also, on the external walls ( 2 of which were newly added between 2014-2016)

the shoutbox has become quiet, that will happen when members would rather earn than chat, and as was previously mentioned, a lot of the old members have moved on due to real life situations etc.

All in all p2s is still a very active community, which still grows by the day :)killerseed

Ohh i see, so that's where all the offers went lol. I noticed a change in tone with the redesign, sort of like a more grown up approach and a departure from all the previous kinds of offers [SR] 15 point ones were my favourite.. restarting my computer each time to earn another 15 pts :D

Wow 2 grand! I thought that was unthinkable these days. I really must check those surveys out lol.

Ah so that's where everyone went from Shout.. consumed by all the surveys :D
Stijn1234
BE admin
Master Of Posts
Total posts: 10397
Date of Birth: 1981-03-18
Total Earnings: $196.74

All in all p2s is still a very active community, which still grows by the day :)Robert89

Ohh i see, so that's where all the offers went lol. I noticed a change in tone with the redesign, sort of like a more grown up approach and a departure from all the previous kinds of offers [SR] 15 point ones were my favourite.. restarting my computer each time to earn another 15 pts :D

Wow 2 grand! I thought that was unthinkable these days. I really must check those surveys out lol.

Ah so that's where everyone went from Shout.. consumed by all the surveys :Dkillerseed

Another reason is also the fact we have a lot 'mobile' members these days. They complete surveys on their mobiles but are less active on this forum or in shoutbox. :)
kea2525
US diamond
Half way there
Total posts: 584
Total Earnings: $1266.33
Ok so I have got to ask this. A friend of mine wanted to join but she always checks the bbb site just to make sure and did not sign up. I asked why and she showed me p2s on the bbb site and I was a little shocked to see an 'F rating'.I'm not sure if you are aware of this but...

https://www.bbb.org/atlanta/business-reviews/market-research-and-analysis/points2shop-in-alpharetta-ga-27472673
bttero
US (CA) elite
Senior Poster
Total posts: 127
Date of Birth: 1983-06-14
Total Earnings: $809.96
peanutlabs has those 1 point click offers, always trusted peanut :thumbup:

but i agree on the shoutbox comment, but we all stay earning....

plus some times people get carried away.....so shoutbox has a bad rep for week old members. :smile:
slow down, you going to fast.
ldpx3000
US moderator
Points2shop is my specialty
Total posts: 1117
Ok so I have got to ask this. A friend of mine wanted to join but she always checks the bbb site just to make sure and did not sign up. I asked why and she showed me p2s on the bbb site and I was a little shocked to see an 'F rating'.I'm not sure if you are aware of this but...

https://www.bbb.org/atlanta/business-reviews/market-research-and-analysis/points2shop-in-alpharetta-ga-27472673kea2525

As for the BBB rating, I read most of the complaints and a large number of them have been resolved through support and were triggered by a violation of the T&C which happens a lot as NOBODY seems to read them at all. There are a total of 21 complaints over a period of 3 years, nothing before 2015.
'Build a better idiot proof system and the universe will build a better idiot...'
Bambiandblake
US (MA) gold
Junior Poster
Total posts: 76
Total Earnings: $3560.03
I'm enjoying fairly good earnings, and I've only been here, 10+ months.
Globie

1 2
You are not logged in.

Chat History

will load when you scroll to the bottom