More options
Points2Shop Forums » Support » Wierd Glitch After I did ECN research daily survey
1 2
Created: 2009-12-02 18:14:13
daus26
US (WA) elite
Points2Helper
Total posts: 6966
Date of Birth: 1990-05-26
Total Earnings: $2802.18
The ECN survey would normally approve quickly when we're done with it, so when I saw the tab blinking, I thought it was about to update the points with what I just earned from the survey:

When I clicked on the my stats tab to see what was updated, I saw this:

Yes, I went from gold, to gold. That's great, but I already know I'm gold. This happened NUMEROUS times so I asked for help from one my friends. He suggested that I log off and log back in and see what happens. This is what I saw when I logged off:

Pay close attention to the Earn Points tab. You can see that the "earn" is linked in green. When I click on it, it opens a pop up related to the new game offer; farm land or something.

So what's going on? I really would like the 50 points I was supposed to get from the loong ECN research I just did.

*edit

Hmm, when I submitted this topic I saw the green link again:

This time when I click on it, it pops up a University of Phoenix window. Well, that's just great.

This is what happens when I hover it like bubbybubble says:

ipityforipod
US platinum
Points2shop is my specialty
Total posts: 1041
Total Earnings: $253.36
Wow.. That is a pretty crazy glitch. Sorry, I don't know what would cause it, and if you will get your points from the offer. Do you happen to have a link to the offer it took you to?
bubbybobble
US gold
Total posts: 1228
What that green link looks like is adware. If you install adware on your system it will link to different webpages that it's advertising for.

When I had playsushi installed it did that, and it popped up a small ad whenever I hovered over green text.

As for your survey points, about how long ago was it that you did the offer?
I sometimes have surveys that take a little longer than normal to credit.
Currently saving points and cash for: I dunno lol With the cash I earned with Cashle I was able to afford a 360 for myself! A big thanks to everyone who helps make this such an awesome site!
daus26
US (WA) elite
Points2Helper
Wow.. That is a pretty crazy glitch. Sorry, I don't know what would cause it, and if you will get your points from the offer. Do you happen to have a link to the offer it took you to?ipityforipod

I just found out the the green link thing in the "earn points" tab would lead me to a random pop-up. I thought it would just lead me to the farm website thing, now it leads me to anywhere random.

Just my luck huh?

What that green link looks like is adware. If you install adware on your system it will link to different webpages that it's advertising for.

When I had playsushi installed it did that, and it popped up a small ad whenever I hovered over green text.
bubbybobble

That makes sense, but I don't recall installing any adware. I do recall doing the playsushi offer though.

As for your survey points, about how long ago was it that you did the offer? I sometimes have surveys that take a little longer than normal to credit.

It wasn't too long ago but ECN would normally approve quick, really quick. It might just be a mere coincidence, but I hope not. ECN is one of the only survey to quickly approve. If it starts to approve slowly like the rest I don't know what'd I'd do haha.
bubbybobble
US gold
Total posts: 1228
That makes sense, but I don't recall installing any adware. I do recall doing the playsushi offer though.daus26

Then that's your problem! Playsushi does contain adware.
Nothing that will cripple your system, but it can get annoying at times. I'd keep it until you've gotten the points for the offer, and then uninstall it. I used Revo to uninstall it, and I haven't been getting any ads since.

Do you still have it installed? If so that's probably what's going on with the green links!

It wasn't too long ago but ECN would normally approve quick, really quick. It might just be a mere coincidence, but I hope not. ECN is one of the only survey to quickly approve. If it starts to approve slowly like the rest I don't know what'd I'd do haha.daus26

Perhaps it's a one time thing on this site that's slowing things down. I haven't noticed the surveys taking too long to credit before today.

I have one that I completed at about three this morning (PR1904 Panel - Daily Survey), and it's still pending.

We shall see just how long it takes to credit.

Back on the topic of of Revo, I highly recommend it! It does a great job of getting rid of all traces that a software leaves. And it's completely free.

Should get rid of everything installed with playsushi, if you want to use it.
Currently saving points and cash for: I dunno lol With the cash I earned with Cashle I was able to afford a 360 for myself! A big thanks to everyone who helps make this such an awesome site!
Callum1064
UK new
New Poster
Total posts: 12
Date of Birth: Unknown
Total Earnings: $1.0
That's pretty strange..
daus26
US (WA) elite
Points2Helper
Then that's your problem! Playsushi does contain adware.
Nothing that will cripple your system, but it can get annoying at times. I'd keep it until you've gotten the points for the offer, and then uninstall it. I used Revo to uninstall it, and I haven't been getting any ads since.

Do you still have it installed? If so that's probably what's going on with the green links!

Yeah, I'm not so worried about the green links anymore. It didn't take me long to figure out that the adware was from the playsushi offer, so I already uninstalled it. I didn't get credits for it, but I think I can risk 37 points or so.

Right now I'm just worried about the blinking stats tab I keep seeing. I'm afraid that's the thing that cost me my points from ECN. I got a feeling no mods are going to reply to this, so I might just have send in a ticket.

Perhaps it's a one time thing on this site that's slowing things down. I haven't noticed the surveys taking too long to credit before today.

I have one that I completed at about three this morning (PR1904 Panel - Daily Survey), and it's still pending.

We shall see just how long it takes to credit.bubbybobble

For the other surveys like Opinion and the PRs, it's pretty normal for them to take long to approve, but it's not likely for ECN. That's where I'm worried. I have a pending Opinion survey myself, but I'm not worried about that, cause it's in the norm.

Back on the topic of of Revo, I highly recommend it! It does a great job of getting rid of all traces that a software leaves. And it's completely free.
Should get rid of everything installed with playsushi, if you want to use it.

Sounds cool. I'll check it out. Thanks.
Elbee
US (MA) platinum
Total posts: 1548
Date of Birth: 1993-10-10
Total Earnings: $300.61
Hmm, glad I uninstalled the playsushi offer quickly.
Also, I'm sure you'll end up getting your points from the offer daus.
"
Guile141
US (OR) silver
Half way there
Total posts: 517
Date of Birth: 1995-07-04
Wow, that's a weird glitch.
dtk763r5
US platinum
Old Forum User
Total posts: 4507
lol. Congrats on being Gold!.... again :p I installed PlaySushi immediately after it credited because it lagged my browser :p

1 2
You are not logged in. This topic is locked and no new replies can be posted.

Chat History

will load when you scroll to the bottom