More options
Points2Shop Forums » Suggestions » Posting birthdates= helping identity theives
Created: 2015-11-18 02:00:35
cooldude581
US (PA) new
My first post
Total posts: 5
Total Earnings: $0.18
Please stop doing this. The fewer information I have online the less the chance it has of getting stolen. Also its posted for all to see. This is unnecessary. All you guys need is the birth month and year.
treghost1
US (NC) moderator
Senior Poster
Total posts: 211
Date of Birth: 1981-05-07
Total Earnings: $12086.16
Please stop doing this. The fewer information I have online the less the chance it has of getting stolen. Also its posted for all to see. This is unnecessary. All you guys need is the birth month and year.cooldude581

Turns out you can set to hide that and most stuff in your profile, just Click Here
"No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness is always there first." ~Terry Pratchett
lterrell
US legend
Senior Poster
Total posts: 172
Dude. Click your account > edit account.

You have the option to hide any and ALL information on your profile that you don't want anyone to see.

Points 2 Shop is not "doing" anything to you. You signed up to the site of your own free will and your profile is viewable to the public because you have not set it otherwise.
Be Yourself. No one can say you're doing it wrong. -Charles Schulz
GhastlyDragon
CA platinum
Getting Chatty
Total posts: 20
Total Earnings: $148.28
You can change a preference to hide your date of birth here: https://www.points2shop.com/account/edit_preferences

Unless you're talking about surveys and offers, then they require it to identify your age as they may want only a specific range of ages or to organize their results.
lapraceon
US (CA) legend
Points2shop is my specialty
Total posts: 1571
Date of Birth: 1990-05-12
Total Earnings: $2533.91
You don't have to worry about P2S stealing from you. And they have your birthday so you can get 365 merits on your birthday (which after you save up enough, you can use them in contests for cash)
cooldude581
US (PA) new
My first post
Total posts: 5
Total Earnings: $0.18
done... thanks for the help

You are not logged in.

Chat History

will load when you scroll to the bottom