Points2Shop Forums » Support » Windows 10, VPN/Proxy, and Account issues
Created: 2015-08-01 20:14:43
AbbyAW
US (FL) moderator
Old Forum User
Total posts: 2865
Date of Birth: 1991-05-24
Total Earnings: $2407.51

Since the release of windows 10 there are a lot of us who have already upgraded our systems to get it. This harmless upgrade may be the root of the cause of account issues for several people who may have ordered after the upgrade. Make sure to check your internet settings to verify you do not have VPN/Proxy settings running on your browser after the upgrade since it is being added as a default for some people who have upgraded. It may or may not apply to you, but it will save the headache for everyone to check your VPN/Proxy settings, it may have changed on you.

Some people may not know what proxy or VPN is. Although slightly different the main function of a proxy and VPN is to hide your identity online and conceal your IP address. Refer to agm's Proxy/VPN Reminder as to why they should not not be used on here and why they cause account issues. For those who do know know how to check if they Proxy/VPN settings and what they can do to disable it while they are on here, check these out depending on your browser.

Chrome:

Settings > Show Advanced Settings > Network > Change Proxy Settings > LAN settings

*Then you can uncheck "Automatically Detect Settings"
*If you have any IP address and Port number in the proxy server, uncheck "Use a proxy server for LAN

Edge:

Network Settings > VPN > Internet options > LAN Settings
*Then you can uncheck [b]"Automatically Detect Settings"

*If you have any IP address and Port number in the proxy server, uncheck "Use a proxy server for LAN

As a note for those who cannot find it - Go to the bottom of your taskbar and click on your network icon

Firefox:

Tools > Options > Advanced

*In the Network tab click on settings

• Connection Settings will open, click on No proxy and click ok
❝Anyone can love a rose, but it takes a great deal to love a leaf. It's ordinary to love the beautiful, but it's beautiful to love the ordinary❞
treghost1
US (NC) moderator
Senior Poster
Total posts: 211
Date of Birth: 1981-05-07
Total Earnings: $12113.23
Edge does not come with a proxy enabled by default and Win 10 does not alter proxy settings on other browsers. But if anyone is worried you can visit here to be sure you are browsing via your home connection.
"No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness is always there first." ~Terry Pratchett
treghost1
This post has been deleted.
AbbyAW
US (FL) moderator
Old Forum User
Treghost - It may simply be a bug, but it is definite there are problems for some since the upgrade

Edit - Happened with me, I forced installed Windows 10 so I am not sure if there's a pattern with those who did that or not.
❝Anyone can love a rose, but it takes a great deal to love a leaf. It's ordinary to love the beautiful, but it's beautiful to love the ordinary❞
treghost1
US (NC) moderator
Senior Poster
Total posts: 211
Date of Birth: 1981-05-07
Total Earnings: $12113.23
Treghost - It may simply be a bug, but it is definite there are problems for some since the upgrade

Edit - Happened with me, I forced installed Windows 10 so I am not sure if there's a pattern with those who did that or not.AbbyAW

Yea, a force install can be an entirely different ballgame. I did not force it, I reserved mine the 1st 5 minutes it was offered so as soon as the day came for it, it was ready for me. I heard some that forced it ended up with all sorts of issues.
"No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness is always there first." ~Terry Pratchett
lapraceon
US (CA) legend
Points2shop is my specialty
Total posts: 1571
Date of Birth: 1990-05-12
Total Earnings: $2533.91
Chrome: Do I uncheck "Use a Proxy server for your LAN" as well?
AbbyAW
US (FL) moderator
Old Forum User
Chrome: Do I uncheck "Use a Proxy server for your LAN" as well?lapraceon

yes uncheck it
apctoolshed
US (PA) silver
New Poster
Total posts: 6
Date of Birth: 1989-08-12
Total Earnings: $11.84
I like your signature! ^

You are not logged in.

Chat History

will load when you scroll to the bottom