1 2
Created: 2009-09-26 09:42:13
rssbseball
US (TX) gold
Am I spamming?
Total posts: 491
Date of Birth: 1990-03-20
Total Earnings: $68.86
I was thinking about if there would be a way, that every user on here before they use the shoutbox that they have to read the rules and click i agree to these terms and only have to do this once. To cut the spam, talking about other sites where you earn prizes, and asking for games if you do you get banned for an hour. Not sure b/c we give them a lot of chances and they keep coming back later and try it again.
Nate101
US (WI) platinum
Points2shop is my specialty
Total posts: 1485
Date of Birth: 1990-11-06
Total Earnings: $130.86
Agreed, not only has this been suggested before but I'm sure this will be a must very soon.
adamc151
UK platinum
Old Forum User
Total posts: 3025
Date of Birth: 1992-11-11
Its a good idea so that new members don't do it unknowingly but if it is to warn spammers they might just ignore it anyway. Then come back an hour later and do it again :p
isk8lakai
US (OR) moderator
Total posts: 2168
Date of Birth: 1966-09-16
Total Earnings: $1326.03
You mean you have to MAKE THEM READ, which probably won't happen anytime soon. Maybe pictures might help.
Moofball
UK platinum
Total posts: 1250
indeed. Like maybe a small note under the shoutbox saying "Read the Rules!"

Or another thing i have in mind that i know is possble is to have a part above or below that fades through the rules. so it could go from "No foreign links!" and then "No spamming!". very small and just short, to the point texts.

Just the first things that came to mind. I dont think people should be forced. But people should be aware of some of the major ones. Thats why i think the the fade through list would be good.
Live in the forward. FOLLOW MY INSTAGRAM
hazbot
UK gold
Total posts: 1012
Date of Birth: Unknown
I doubt they would read it, and just click accept anyway.
Armo55
US (FL) gold
Senior Poster
Total posts: 139
Date of Birth: 1980-03-19
Total Earnings: $135.29
That would cut down some span from new players
cmw1612
US (TX) admin
Points2Helper
Total posts: 6394
Total Earnings: $6074.57
You mean you have to MAKE THEM READ, which probably won't happen anytime soon. Maybe pictures might help.isk8lakai

Pictures for the kids would be a nice start.
cmpunk771
UK platinum
Total posts: 2391
Date of Birth: 1994-03-21
Total Earnings: $286.71
well we have a feature where the rules cover the shoutbox but it still dosnt make people read
STAFF SPOTLIGHT- http://www.points2shop.com/topic/52832/Staff-Spotlight-Week-1/1 Learn about the staff members!!!
gedney
UK diamond
Master Of Posts
Total posts: 10144
kids look at pictures more than read so it would be a good start to get members to adhere to the rules of the shoutbox and the site

1 2
You are not logged in.

Chat History

will load when you scroll to the bottom