More options
Points2Shop Forums » Discussion » Please Vote !!!
1 2 3 4
Created: 2014-07-12 05:07:21
VikenPatel
IN moderator
Am I spamming?
Total posts: 496
Total Earnings: $140.39
Poll: Should 4 to 5 month old member and who got some amount of votes should get chance to have HS ?

Yes
No
Other condition
Standings:

Want to make a poll too?? Click here.
admin vs mod for gummybears P2S Singers Shelbi & ChevyBot When Toomb win tripeaks Photographer Triheaded Treghost impress girls Dance lterrell giggle weesky & graeme lurk Nurse Abby Explaining about Head
rachitdaiya
IN platinum
Senior Poster
Total posts: 207
you want to do HS :lol:
anyway i dont think ADMIN will apply :(
rebeldefecto
MY silver
Am I spamming?
Total posts: 418
HS should only be given to trusted members if they're not Plat though. It shouldn't be based upon the number of votes, it should be based on who the mods/admins think can help members through HS
............................................................................ - Donate to my cause here! All donations are greatly appreciated! :) .......................................................................................................... - Want to get some free bitcoins? (1 bitcoin = $513) Click to learn more! :)
VikenPatel
IN moderator
Am I spamming?
Well thank you so much for your opinion ... but Guys gets HS platinum ... there are lots of Gold members are not platinum cause of referrals or Earning specially international members !!! so if they would get it would be helpful ...I know help shouldnot do with intention of earn but still Help is help ...any level member does !!!!
admin vs mod for gummybears P2S Singers Shelbi & ChevyBot When Toomb win tripeaks Photographer Triheaded Treghost impress girls Dance lterrell giggle weesky & graeme lurk Nurse Abby Explaining about Head
shahmeenpidi
QA gold
Used to the forums
Total posts: 33
Date of Birth: 1987-06-01
Not sure about all. But you surely deserve to be in HS. :thumbup:
You just have to earn what you want.
Mydragonsfly
US (ND) elite
Half way there
Total posts: 605
Date of Birth: 1996-07-02
Voted no, thumbs up is something that can be farmed provided you have a few friends below silver honor level. That alone would allow anyone access to the HS, and who knows how much they actually know about Points2Shop... At least having the 100 dollar limit provided as one of the requirements to become platinum ensures that helpers have a reasonable base of knowledge about Points2Shop and can effectively assist new users.

I also saw a comment in shout where someone suggested that if a person has a certain number of thumbs, people of the gold honor level will be permitted access. Again this considers heavily with the above paragraph, thumbs can be farmed, and if you've only earned 25 dollars (requirement for gold), that might call into question weather or not your actually fit to assist new users.

The gold honor level is saturated with members (based on the merit quest achievement, 29,829), platinum however only has 3834 members, or about 7.78 percent of all members who achieved gold. This is a smaller group of people that the staff have to pick from (and manage in the end...) that may or may not have the knowledge base required to help new users.

Also the helper system is a portal to new users just like the shoutbox is. If some relatively new user acts out in the HS in front of a new user just joining, their antics could turn those new users away, and people who have a bad experience are never afraid to share their experience.

Lastly, I stood for what the HS was when it was first implemented, but after hearing about some people using the HS for pure profit, that is not what the HS is for. A lot of you plat+ folks understand this already, we don't need anymore of it. Not to mention if people start to use the HS mainly for the incentive and not to actually help people, the staff have discussed the possibility of taking it away. The incentive is meant purely as a sign of good gesture from P2S for assisting a new member.

To reinforce the above paragraph I have included a statement from both shelbinator and Matjong.

Sorry to burst your bubble, yes you may have a lot of thumbs, but for reasons previously stated, that doesn't mean your necessarily fit to help. :)
not sure if they have this or not yet but i think its a good idea since most int. users do benefit more from refs and this could just boost that part" "Some international members seem to be very good at referringDarkninja, Shelbinator
VikenPatel
IN moderator
Am I spamming?
Voted no, thumbs up is something that can be farmed provided you have a few friends below silver honor level. That alone would allow anyone access to the HS, and who knows how much they actually know about Points2Shop... At least having the 100 dollar limit provided as one of the requirements to become platinum ensures that helpers have a reasonable base of knowledge about Points2Shop and can effectively assist new users.

I also saw a comment in shout where someone suggested that if a person has a certain number of thumbs, people of the gold honor level will be permitted access. Again this considers heavily with the above paragraph, thumbs can be farmed, and if you've only earned 25 dollars (requirement for gold), that might call into question weather or not your actually fit to assist new users.

The gold honor level is saturated with members (based on the merit quest achievement, 29,829), platinum however only has 3834 members, or about 7.78 percent of all members who achieved gold. This is a smaller group of people that the staff have to pick from (and manage in the end...) that may or may not have the knowledge base required to help new users.

Also the helper system is a portal to new users just like the shoutbox is. If some relatively new user acts out in the HS in front of a new user just joining, their antics could turn those new users away, and people who have a bad experience are never afraid to share their experience.

Lastly, I stood for what the HS was when it was first implemented, but after hearing about some people using the HS for pure profit, that is not what the HS is for. A lot of you plat+ folks understand this already, we don't need anymore of it. Not to mention if people start to use the HS mainly for the incentive and not to actually help people, the staff have discussed the possibility of taking it away. The incentive is meant purely as a sign of good gesture from P2S for assisting a new member.

To reinforce the above paragraph I have included a statement from both shelbinator and Matjong.

Sorry to burst your bubble, yes you may have a lot of thumbs, but for reasons previously stated, that doesn't mean your necessarily fit to help.Mydragonsfly

Thanks a lot for votting !!! well there are lot of members are remains Gold and help peoeple and i am only active on this site since like 3 months ....its so hard for international members !!! and this is not about only me !!! some of us members are not Platinum also cause they have no referrals as per requirements they still help ...yeah you are right Help shouldnt be based on intention of earning !!! Well its on admin ..i thought if it should have way if every level member gets equal chances !!!
Mydragonsfly
US (ND) elite
Half way there
Well VikenPatel it's admirable that you'd like to make things equal for everyone, but that's why we have the honor system. Our most distinguished users are granted more privileges as they rise up the ranks.

As for international members, we do recognize that folks outside the first tier countries do have it understandably more difficult finding offers and rising up the honor levels. It's actually the international members that I'm a bit concerned about... As I mentioned prior, if masses of international users start using the HS for profit and don't do offers, P2S could very easily loose out. Once the staff realize that the HS is just becoming more of a dead weight, the incentive will be removed, and all you internationals that were depending on the HS for money will be left high and dry.

Just so people know, I am in no way against international members earning off the HS... I don't really know the actual quality of help the majority of new users are getting through the HS - and of course there will be a few sour grapes - but I want it to be the highest we can possibly provide. Holding out on the HS until you international folks can achieve platinum will be good for you. If you can demonstrate your knowledge of P2S and keep racking up those thumbs for actually helping people in the shout simply for the sake of helping, the staffers who process helpers will have a bit of an easier time figuring out who's qualified and deserving to be in the HS and help our new members. :D
not sure if they have this or not yet but i think its a good idea since most int. users do benefit more from refs and this could just boost that part" "Some international members seem to be very good at referringDarkninja, Shelbinator
rebeldefecto
MY silver
Am I spamming?
Total posts: 418

As for international members, we do recognize that folks outside the first tier countries do have it understandably more difficult finding offers and rising up the honor levels. Mydragonsfly

Read my post :p
............................................................................ - Donate to my cause here! All donations are greatly appreciated! :) .......................................................................................................... - Want to get some free bitcoins? (1 bitcoin = $513) Click to learn more! :)
Mydragonsfly
US (ND) elite
Half way there
Read my post :prebeldefecto

HS should only be given to trusted members if they're not Plat though. It shouldn't be based upon the number of votes, it should be based on who the mods/admins think can help members through HS

I don't even have much offers... p2s should repay my five months of being on the site every day without fail by letting me help on HS :)rebeldefecto

But then people below plat will gripe about admin playing favorites, and we don't want that do we? (r)

As for the second paragraph here, I've been here for almost 3 and a half years, I should be half way through diamond right now.... Not to mention all the help I, and much more deserving individuals, have given out in the shout. Shouldn't we be repaid as well? It wouldn't be fair if just individuals of lower honor level (yourself included) got these bonuses, that simply wouldn't be fair now would it?

As far as I can see, nothing in your first post you made here provides you with a special exception to be granted use of the HS at such an early stage in the game.

1 2 3 4
You are not logged in. This topic is locked and no new replies can be posted.

Chat History

will load when you scroll to the bottom