More options
Points2Shop Forums » P2S Apps & API » use of iOS and Android app away from home IP
1 2
Created: 2014-06-16 18:18:45
triheadedmonkey
UK legend
Senior Poster
Total posts: 237
Total Earnings: $3227.51
can anyone give me definitive guidelines/rules on the use of mobile/web app away from home IP?whats allowed what isn't regarding use of public wi-fi and or mobile data?don't want to end up with account issues.thanks in advance!
honey4ya
US (CA) diamond
Junior Poster
Total posts: 70
Date of Birth: 1979-03-09
Total Earnings: $1287.21
I use the app anywhere on my 4g or wifi
somerandomjohn
US (NY) gold
New Poster
Total posts: 9
Date of Birth: 1986-06-21
Total Earnings: $61.65
I have the same questions. When I am at work I use my tablet to stream internet radio from spotify and the like.., Now i figure it's OK to use the app to check messages, points, status etc but NOT TO DO offers. Someone clarify the rules a bit. Also, for linux users. Am I allowed to run windows in a Virtual Machine? I still have my windows 7 key but haven't found anything about this in the rules.

Thanks in advance!
ldpx3000
US moderator
Points2shop is my specialty
Total posts: 1117
There is a difference between the web app and the native app. While using the native app, you will never be flagged for your IP because the app and server are setup so they recognize you in other ways. You are free to try all the offers, surveys, videos etc. without having to worry about this.

With the web app, it's a bit different. If you are on a wi-fi connection using the web app and say, your friend is using the same connection, you may get flagged. If you are on a connection that constantly changes your IP, you might be flagged. If you travel a far distance from your home IP, you might be flagged. Again, all of this is with the web app, not the native app (the one you download from Google Play Store).

This is why it is better to use the native app whenever you are on the go because it was designed to be used away from your home PC or laptop, where as the web app will still run security checks whenever you log and you may end up with issues from this. The web app is good for users whose android OS is too low to use the native app, or whose devices might not be supported by google play but still might want to use the site
'Build a better idiot proof system and the universe will build a better idiot...'
triheadedmonkey
UK legend
Senior Poster
Total posts: 237
Total Earnings: $3227.51
ldpx3000 thank you so much!exactly the answer i was looking for!thanks again.
hawk84
US (KY) elite
Junior Poster
Total posts: 57
Total Earnings: $550.35
so would it be possible to download the app for kindle fire and use without any problems? thanks :)
ldpx3000
US moderator
so would it be possible to download the app for kindle fire and use without any problems? thankshawk84

The Points2Shop Android app does not OFFICIALLY support Kindle devices. That being said, you ware welcome to try it out if you like but know that you are doing so at your own risk. The app may crash, freeze, components or pages may not work or stop working unexpectedly and you may or may not receive credit for offers you complete.
'Build a better idiot proof system and the universe will build a better idiot...'
hawk84
US (KY) elite
Junior Poster
Total posts: 57
Total Earnings: $550.35
ok thanks for advice :)
iMario999
CA platinum
Half way there
Total posts: 599
Date of Birth: 1997-07-28
Total Earnings: $339.78

Can we have more clarification on this? I mean my account got locked 2 days ago, which is why triheadedmonkey created this thread in the first place.

I used to open the desktop version of the site all the time on my mobile while on LTE and on WiFi, never had any problem with it. However when I got locked, the admin ( not naming ), told me this :

Hello,

Please understand that if you log in through your cell phone you are required to use our webapp. If you log in via a browser your account will be blocked.the admin

If this is true, then why is there a button 2 places in the app and webapp, asking you if you wanted to go to the Desktop version of the site.
iMario999 | Was deleting my post necessary?
ldpx3000
US moderator
If this is true, then why is there a button 2 places in the app and webapp, asking you if you wanted to go to the Desktop version of the site.iMario999

Just to be clear, there are no links to visit the desktop version of the site on the native apps. There may still be a link there on the webApp, but I can't say for sure or tell you why it's there as I don't work on the webApps.

If there is a link to the desktop site from the webApp, please make another thread with this issue and I will try to direct the right admin there to see the issue and look into it :)

1 2
You are not logged in.

Chat History

will load when you scroll to the bottom