More options
Points2Shop Forums » News, Announcements & Contests » New earning opportunity with Android Plugin
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 .. 72
Created: 2014-03-26 20:46:39
Littlerose
US admin
Am I spamming?
Total posts: 477
update: The Android Plugin will most likely be paused in about 2 weeks (3rd week of September) while clients review this pilot. This might take a few weeks or several months. After our partner that provides us with the plugin partner will decide to do a 2nd pilot phase, to stop the project and/or to roll it out big scale. We will also pause the plugin installations and monthly payments for the time being starting the 4th week of September. You can keep the plugin installed though and will start getting paid again as soon as the project is started back up.

-- Make sure you have your personal profile completed.--

Hello everyone,

We have a great new earning opportunity for our mobile Android users! You can now earn 25 points ($0.25) for installing our new Points2Shop Android Plugin and an additional 75 points ($0.75) every month while the plugin is installed on your mobile device. You don’t have to do anything else to earn. Easy, or?

This new plugin will also allow you to receive exclusive, high payout surveys that are only available to participating members whose plugin is active.

How does the plugin work?

The Points2Shop Android Plugin is trained to recognize a sample of the media you are consuming, whether it is TV or radio programs. The plugin only focuses on these media types and is not trained for speech recognition. The plugin converts the sample information into anonymous textual data and posts the sample back once a wifi-connection is established. So, none of your data usage will be taken for the plugin.

How do I install the plugin?

If you have not downloaded the Points2Shop Android app yet, go to the Google Play store and download the Points2Shop Android app. Sign in to your account or register with a new account and confirm your email address. Then log in and accept the “Opt in” for the plugin.

If you already have the Points2Shop mobile Android app installed, all you have to do is download the latest app update, log in and “Opt in” for the plugin. If, for any reason, you don’t see the ‘Opt In’ screen you can go to “Settings” within the Points2Shop app and click on “Enable Points2Shop Plugin”.

How do I uninstall the plugin?

If you decide to disable the plugin at some point you don’t have to uninstall the Points2Shop app. Just click on “Disable Plugin” within the “Settings” in your Points2shop Android app. The plugin will be disabled and your recurring payments will stop immediately.

What you have to do to keep earning?

Nothing! Just make sure the plugin is enabled and you will receive your recurring payments every month.

You will see a grey Points2Shop logo in the notification bar on top of your Android device. This logo shows you that the plugin is active.

What if I disable the plugin before the full month is over?

If you disable the plugin before the end of a full month on your mobile device you will not receive the monthly payment. If you opt out during the month and opt back in later at the end of the month the timer will be reset and you will get paid 1 month after your second install.

Is my data safe?

Yes, your data is safe and only used for market research purposes and will be shared with partners in that industry. It will be absolutely anonymous and no personal information will be communicated.

Battery usage

The plugin is optimized to use as little battery as possible and will shut down completely once you have only 30% battery left. It will automatically resume once have more than 30% battery again.

Data usage

The plugin will not use your mobile data plan connection. Your mobile device will store the sample and send it through wifi once a wifi-connection is established.

Do I need to keep the Points2shop app open all the time?

You don’t need to keep the Points2shop app open in order to get paid. However, you do need to keep the Points2shop app installed for the whole month. The Points2shop Plugin will run in the background until you choose to opt out.

What kind of data is being transmitted?

Only anonymous textual data about media consumption is being transmitted. No audio is being transmitted nor can it be turned back into audio. Some examples of transmitted data:
- listened to Verizon Wireless advertisement #3 at 3/24/2014 12:05 am
- watched Jimmy Fallon S1:E12 (Season1 : Episode 12)

Why does the Points2shop app need certain Android app permissions?

During the installation of the Points2shop app we will ask for permissions related to the Points2shop Plugin. Since the plugin is part of the Points2shop app you will have to accept the permissions for the plugin during installation/update of the Points2shop app. Those permissions will only be used if you opt in for the plugin.

Is there anything else I need to do?
In order to get unique surveys as well as before getting paid at the end of the month you will need to have those profilers up to date:
http://www.points2shop.com/account/profiler?profiler_category=1

Most of you will already have those completed, however, if you skipped them during registration you might still be missing a few.

Is this opportunity only available for the US?

Currently this plugin is a pilot project for the US only but might expand into other countries as well.

Will this plugin work on my Android device?

The plugin will work on the majority of Android devices. Some older devices that are not supported for the Points2shop Android app will not be able to participate in this opportunity either. The plugin only works when the Points2shop Android app is installed.

Can I install this plugin on my Android tablet?

The plugin can be activated both on Android smartphones as well as on Android tablets. If you choose to install the plugin on your Android tablet and don’t take it with you wherever you go, please make sure to have it turned on regularly.

Is this plugin also available on iOS?

Currently iOS doesn’t support the technology to run this plugin.

How many months will this earning opportunity be active?

This is a pilot project. We currently don’t know how long it will run for. We will contact all participants when we have more updates.

How long will this opportunity be available?

We will only need a certain amount of participants in all demographic areas and age groups. Opt in and keep the plugin active while there is still availability for your specific demographics.

Happy earnings!
Aldori15
US (FL) elite
New Poster
Total posts: 10
Date of Birth: 1996-04-12
Total Earnings: $524.63
I really like this idea however, I just have 1 question after reading the F.A.Q.

If my Battery % reaches below 30% you mentioned that the plugin will shut down completely. Does this mean that it will tick the plugin as "Disabled" and then I will miss out on the monthly payment?
Littlerose
US admin
Am I spamming?
Aldori, that won't be a problem, unless you are below 30% battery at all times which I don't think is the case. The plugin will just start transferring data again whenever the battery is charged again.
bttero
US (CA) elite
Senior Poster
Total posts: 127
Date of Birth: 1983-06-14
Total Earnings: $810.75
i will opt in soon, not a bad idea. but i really don't know if i am opt in it already but i will check.
slow down, you going to fast.
Genshin
US (TX) bronze
My first post
Total posts: 1
Date of Birth: 1996-08-22
Total Earnings: $1.77
What if we turn off our phone for say church or school, or the movies? Will the month not count and payment not be received?
Littlerose
US admin
Am I spamming?
What if we turn off our phone for say church or school, or the movies? Will the month not count and payment not be received?Genshin

That shouldn't be a problem as long as it is just normal behavior. That kind of things are calculated within the whole idea. The client is able to see if you clicked on opt-out or if you are still opted in but just temporarily not transmitting (for reasons like you just mentioned)
Littlerose
US admin
Am I spamming?
i will opt in soon, not a bad idea. but i really don't know if i am opt in it already but i will check.bttero

If you are opted in already the pop up won't show.

To know for sure you can go to your settings within the android app and you can see if it shows a 'disable plugin' option in case you are already opted in or an 'enable plugin' option in case you are not opted in yet.
Bobbi141
US (NE) new
My first post
Date of Birth: 1954-04-15
Total Earnings: $5.97
No Thank you.
isukatthisgam
US (ID) gold
My first post
Total posts: 3
Date of Birth: 1997-11-03
Total Earnings: $69.96
No Thank you.Bobbi141

I hope I am not being rude but how come?
Mollimer
US bronze
My first post
I'm in.
♡Ma'LadyLove♡

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 .. 72
You are not logged in. This topic is locked and no new replies can be posted.

Chat History

will load when you scroll to the bottom