More options
Points2Shop Forums » Referral Talk » Referral Video Feedback
1 2 3 4
Created: 2014-02-15 21:58:40
egarrage
CA platinum
Junior Poster
Total posts: 68

First attempt at a slideshow style refferal video. Curious what people think, Used the Kiss methodology "Keep it simple stupid!" But I am fairly happy with the outcome, Any feedback is appreciated.

jayfs
US (WA) elite
Junior Poster
Total posts: 98
Date of Birth: 1993-03-10
Total Earnings: $2491.8
I like it! I would add pictures of League of Legends Gift Cards in there, though, to add some credibility.
egarrage
CA platinum
Junior Poster
I like it, honestly. I would add pictures of League of Legends Gift Cards in there, though, to add some credibility.jayfs

I agree but I am having a hard time finding a good high res image of them no copy written. Will keep looking.

Noticed a typo as well. Already fixed on the newest version.
xXShaddowTXx
US (NV) gold
Points2shop is my specialty
Total posts: 1299
Date of Birth: 1995-09-05
Total Earnings: $380.12
Since the goal was KISS, this is great.

But, I'd be doubtful if to many people actually watched it all the way through. If you traverse YouTube thoroughly enough, you'll find thousands of videos like this, and they are all very... "spammy."

At least, that is the first thought that comes into mind when looking at slideshow videos.

The basic point here is, make your YouTube video description good because people will most likely skip the video and read that instead.

Edit: Fixed a grammatical error.
Edit: Here are some decent LoL card images.
egarrage
CA platinum
Junior Poster
Since goal was KISS, this is great.

But, I'd be doubtful if to many people actually watched it all the way through. If you traverse YouTube thoroughly enough, you'll find thousands of videos like this, and they are all very... "spammy."

At least, that is the first thought that comes into mind when looking at slideshow videos.

The basic point here is, make your YouTube video description good because people will most likely skip the video and read that instead.xXShaddowTXx

One of the main reason I am keeping them limited to under a minute, I also went out of my way to not mention P2H this is a strategy I am aiming for. Keep it simple but make it pretty. Get them to click the link so they are my impressions so even if they go do research on the website after they click my link they are my impression as long as they do not delete cookies.

I was thinking of going shorter but I will have to wait a week to see the analytics to see if people are watching the entire video.

Out of 60'ish impression today I got 5 referrals so if those numbers keep up I am happy with that.

Thanks for those card images, One is perfect considering the song in the videos he for that character.
xXShaddowTXx
US (NV) gold
...after they click my link they are my impression as long as they do not delete cookies...egarrage

You have one shot to sell P2S, if you can get someone to click a link, you should be able to get them to sign up with a little pre-selling of the site.

Mentioning the name Points2Shop is unnecessary, in fact I advise against it for sure. But relying on simply impressions is (in my opinion) not a good idea. Points2Shop is not good at selling itself to viewers.

I recommend signing out, clearing cookies/cashe and just going to your referral site. Read your content until you lose interest, if you don't lose interest than click your referral link and look at the P2S landing page you chose (if any). Would you actually sign up? Do you think your target audience will actually sign up?

I understand you may not actually be part of your target audience, but you should at least be able to see it through their eyes. Don't think they are overly willing to do anything for "free" league of legends cards, most people aren't.

If your site can genuinely sell itself to you when you do that, you are on the right path I think.
egarrage
CA platinum
Junior Poster
Part of the issue is the gaming community is constantly bombarded with affiliate software/survey/ offers scams. Promising the world if they do some thing just to unlock a download.that in the end leads to either a corrupt file, password locked empty file or a trojan.

Since I started looking at Youtube I have seen people that 3-4 times a day upload 200-400 of the same videos only to have them taken down in 2-3 hours.

Youtube savvy people generally put trust in older videos with a medium level of views and not canned comments as views/comments/likes can all be faked easily with traffic exchange sites.

One of my focuses of my video was the use of the word "Earn" almost every other video abuses the word free. I am "hoping" after my target audience "the younger I want it now generation" gets abused by the scams they will be more receptive to earning what they want.

xXShaddowTXx
US (NV) gold
egarrage

I do see your reasoning, and indeed it is possible. But, think about it from the user's point of view, if so many of the videos that look like this are scams, would you actually watch one? Would you click the link in the description? I have a feeling the answer is no for the majority of people that play LoL.

If that is the case, what is the solution? I feel it would be to set yourself apart from those "spammy" videos. To make your video look real. Perhaps record your voice, say something about the fact that most of those offers for free LoL cards are scams, and how it is actually possible to earn LoL cards through doing surveys.

I can practically guarantee you that a person talking to the viewer will be much more trustworthy than a song playing over some slides, it will show them that this is real.
egarrage
CA platinum
Junior Poster
If you look at my other videos I also did 2 with voice, once needs deleted as it was before I edited it. Taking a 2 prong approach to cover more ground. The League of Legends videos in particular have a facebook page backing them currently at 8k likes and growing as I knew how hard it would be to break into the League of Legends money stream. Also have a website that still needs time to mature before I bring it into the loop.

League of Legends has a very wide age range, ranging from about 10 to 60. It is really hard to target a single age group with one method alone.

Is a steep learning process and very hard niche to break into. I may do a few more videos to cover as much ground as possible for League of Legends. This particular video is mainly focused on the "now now now" audience.
Spicin
IN platinum
Total posts: 1122
Free advice: remove this video from here as soon as possible. Cause there are some people who like reporting this to youtube ;)

1 2 3 4
You are not logged in. This topic is locked and no new replies can be posted.

Chat History

will load when you scroll to the bottom