More options
Points2Shop Forums » Support » Account Issue.
1 2
Created: 2009-08-07 20:22:00
lpundrgrnd1
US (SC) gold
Senior Poster
Total posts: 166
Date of Birth: 1990-09-17
Total Earnings: $110.1
Hey guys. I recently (7-22) attempted an order, which got denied. Reason: Please fix your account issues. So I sent in a support ticket, requesting what account issues i had. They didn't respond. In fact, they just closed/completed the ticket without a response. So I sent another ticket in, and it is pending.

Anyway, I don't know what my account issue is, but i have a good feeling I know what it is. I looked up my IP address on whois.com, and it says this:

OrgName: Road Runner HoldCo LLC
OrgID: RRMA
Address: 13241 Woodland Park Road
City: Herndon
StateProv: VA
PostalCode: 20171

I heard somewhere that if your IP doesn't match your address, then it's an account issue. Nowhere on the Whois lookup can i find my address, and I'm thinking points2shop confused this adress (My ISP's address) for my address. I use Road Runner, and 13241 Woodland Park Road is the address of RR HQ.

I looked up my IP on whatismyipaddress.com and looked at the Geo-location Information, and on the map it's about 5 miles from my house.

Do you think this could be the account issue? My order has been delayed since 7-22, and in that time the person i wanted to buy my item from moved from amazon to ebay. I was going to order a 10" hookah, which came with 10 coals and 50g of shisha for 2418 points. Now the seller moved to ebay, so i can't buy the product, and i had to settle for buying a 12" hookah and shisha separate for 3200 points, and i had to buy 16 charocoals with my pre-paid debit card for $5.75. I actually recieved the coals today. still waiting on Points2Shop.
This is my signature. Theres nothing worth reading here. If youre still reading, you probably understand that youre about halfway through a signature that is completely pointless. Oh well, too late. Congratulations. You win. Or lose. Lol you're still reading it.
james922ok
US (NY) new
Used to the forums
Total posts: 43
Date of Birth: Unknown
Total Earnings: $7.12
You shouldn't post your address here.
lpundrgrnd1
US (SC) gold
Senior Poster
james didn't you read it? I said it's the address of my ISP.
This is my signature. Theres nothing worth reading here. If youre still reading, you probably understand that youre about halfway through a signature that is completely pointless. Oh well, too late. Congratulations. You win. Or lose. Lol you're still reading it.
lpundrgrnd1
US (SC) gold
Senior Poster
bump
Fred5390
UK gold
Senior Poster
Total posts: 133
Date of Birth: 1990-03-05
Total Earnings: $106.54
lpundrgnd1 they use something like this: http://www.ipaddresslocation.org/ Which tells them the area you are in. They cannot pin point your IP to your house...

Also, I'm sure the ticket is closed after 48 hours or 72 hours if they don't answer. If they have been busy since then, that's probably why it wasn't answered.
james922ok
US (NY) new
Used to the forums
Total posts: 43
Date of Birth: Unknown
Total Earnings: $7.12
It tracks wrong address for me up there
popeye
UK legend
Old Forum User
Total posts: 2956
Total Earnings: $2850.87
lpundrgrnd1 i had the same problem admin said i was useing p2s from a dif address they said i was conecting from 500 miles away from where i live when they told me the address i was logging on from i googled it and i found out that the place i was ment to be logging on from was my internet providers own premises..
Just here for the banter.. ....and the cash.. ..cash to paypal $1097.42 ツ-
Fred5390
UK gold
Senior Poster
Total posts: 133
Date of Birth: 1990-03-05
Total Earnings: $106.54
james922ok, They cant be 100% correct :p... Thats why it seems very weird that Points2Shop can valid by address? Unless they have better software to handle that... I run a dynamic IP address, from my ISP. So it can vary address each day?

But that site actually got my IP/Location correct for a change ^^... Hope you can resolve the issue lpunddrgrnd1.
lpundrgrnd1
US (SC) gold
Senior Poster
I sure hope so Fred, It's been delayed 1 1/2 months and I'm about done. I'll actually be gold in 2 days, which doesn't make a difference to me. I just want what I've earned.
harman890
CA gold
Am I spamming?
Total posts: 283
Date of Birth: 1980-08-30
Total Earnings: $108.22
lpund do you have any other support tickets that are pending? If you do close those and try again because that is what happened to me...

1 2
You are not logged in. This topic is locked and no new replies can be posted.

Chat History

will load when you scroll to the bottom