More options
Points2Shop Forums » Referral Talk » REF Video Warning!
1 2
Created: 2013-11-06 22:37:22
Mjr8
US (CA) platinum
New Poster
Total posts: 12
Total Earnings: $338.54
Hey everyone , i just wanted to make this post after something happened to me and some other members. Basically , i shared my video with some people here and within the next 12 hours my video had been deleted because it had been flagged as inappropriate. My video never had any bad-words, logos, or infringed on any copyrighted material. It wasn't until a couple other members told me that this had happened to them too just out of the blue, that we realized someone had been flagging our videos in order to eliminate the competition on Youtube. Now don't get me wrong, not all members are like that, but word of advice: Don't share your video with anybody on here.
hebby2012
UK legend
Points2shop is my specialty
Total posts: 1260
Total Earnings: $2459.35
Hey everyone , i just wanted to make this post after something happened to me and some other members. Basically , i shared my video with some people here and within the next 12 hours my video had been deleted because it had been flagged as inappropriate. My video never had any bad-words, logos, or infringed on any copyrighted material. It wasn't until a couple other members told me that this had happened to them too just out of the blue, that we realized someone had been flagging our videos in order to eliminate the competition on Youtube. Now don't get me wrong, not all members are like that, but word of advice: Don't share your video with anybody on here.Mjr8

Its very common, even if you don't share them chances are someone will find them.
Codine
UK elite
Senior Poster
Total posts: 110
It's happened too me too, thats why i don't share my video links here no more.
weeksy
US (ME) moderator
Half way there
Total posts: 517
Date of Birth: 1970-05-05
true,seems the jealous people love tearing up people whom have a good thing going..seen it ALOT since ive been here..yes,not wise to share that info,because....yup..someone will tag and flag it..even seen some copied,made their own and then flagged the person..and submitted their own copied vid...shame..but does happen..too bad people cant be trusted.
Mjr8
US (CA) platinum
New Poster
Total posts: 12
Total Earnings: $338.54
Yea Its worse when it happens as a result of seeking out advice because you just started out on YouTube.
vze3rtba
US (NY) elite
Junior Poster
Total posts: 78
Date of Birth: 1975-01-18
I actually have two explanations for this.

The first one is that someone from this site is flagging competitors to filter more REFS in their direction, and that practice is a little unethical. The second reason is something I wanted to warn everyone on P2S last week about, but P2s saw to ban me for two days for .... nonetheless.

Several people have posted videos on Youtube that have led some users to believe there are hack to cheat points off this site, but the links have led to some people getting their information stolen. In this case, Youtube will use SEO to find similar videos and ban them enmasse to curtail the problem. In this case, you should e-mail YouTube to discover the reason for the inappropriate flag (it can be based on comments as well as the video itself.) and attempt to repost.

But, with the recent trends I have seen on YouTube - I would serious advise everyone to stop sharing their links to videos on the Shoutbox, until the parties involved are found and rooted out.
Mydragonsfly
US (ND) elite
Half way there
Total posts: 605
Date of Birth: 1996-07-02
Might I consider telling you guys to consider upload your videos to other sites such as dailymotion?
not sure if they have this or not yet but i think its a good idea since most int. users do benefit more from refs and this could just boost that part" "Some international members seem to be very good at referringDarkninja, Shelbinator
jayfs
US (WA) elite
Junior Poster
Total posts: 98
Date of Birth: 1993-03-10
Total Earnings: $2491.8
Yes, NEVER share your videos on a public forum. Competitors are nasty and will do anything it takes to get you off the map.

IN ADDITION, I would recommend masking your URL with a shortener other than the Google URL shortener. That way when a mass cleaning happens your video won't be paired with the other P2s videos that have p2s-related links.
AdamDavis14
UK gold
Junior Poster
Total posts: 82
Date of Birth: 1998-12-03
Total Earnings: $353.49
Yeah you never post here. I haven't and my vids are fine for the time being but they are new at the mo, Only 14 refs from 50 or so impressions. Just post to different sites as well. I don't flag other people's videos as it is fair game in who gets the refs.
michalgordon99
US platinum
Junior Poster
Total posts: 86
yes this happened to me the other day when someone flagged 5 of my videos down where I was getting around 30 referrals a day. Luckily, I know how to promote videos and it won't take me more than a week to get them back up but some people really are a-holes

1 2
You are not logged in.

Chat History

will load when you scroll to the bottom