More options
Points2Shop Forums » Discussion » Amazon smile - donations to 1 of 5 charities
Created: 2013-10-31 17:19:46
Littlerose
US admin
Am I spamming?
Total posts: 477
Amazon recently started Amazon smile, an initiative to give 0.5% of the sale price of most items to 1 of 5 charities:

http://thenextweb.com/insider/2013/10/30/amazon-launches-amazonsmile-will-now-donate-percentage-order-charity-choice/

Points2shop would like to have our accounts join this program. For our accounts we will have to choose a charity that the money will go to. We will only be able to choose 1 program for all Points2shop orders

I'd like you all to vote which charity that would be!

Poll: Which charity should this money go to?

St. Jude
Charity:water
American Red Cross
The Nature Conservancy
DoSomething.org
Standings:

Want to make a poll too?? Click here.

tf245yay
US (NV) elite
Am I spamming?
Total posts: 404
Total Earnings: $1168.82
I would definitely suggest that the money go to DoSomething.org.

Here's what this organization is about: DoSomething.org is the country’s largest not-for-profit for young people and social change. We have 2,215,655 members (and counting!) who act on causes they care about. Bullying. Animal cruelty. Homelessness. Cancer. The list goes on. DoSomething.org spearheads national campaigns so 13- to 25-year-olds can make an impact - without ever needing money, an adult, or a car. Over 2.4 million people took action through DoSomething.org in 2012. Why? Because apathy sucks.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In reality, the society we live in do have stereotypes about young people that are not true. And it is time for a change.
CrEaTiOnE
UK platinum
Am I spamming?
Total posts: 364
I went for the charity water, they seem great.
kittenparker
US (NV) platinum
My first post
Total posts: 5
Date of Birth: 1980-02-14
Total Earnings: $278.33
I think this is what makes this site different from all the others, the fact that you can DONATE some of your earnings to a charity of your choice. I think that is an amazing idea... since we're earning points to get free items, it doesn't hurt to just spend a little (or a lot, depending on how generous you're feeling that day) and give a little bit back.
rockinsam
IN silver
Junior Poster
Total posts: 88
Date of Birth: 1995-04-19
Total Earnings: $30.6
it would be nice for gold honor and high to donate.........cause we have hard time earning
I'm the boss here .....B-)
amtrinity
US (IL) gold
My first post
Total posts: 3
Date of Birth: 1983-01-29
Total Earnings: $371.97
this is great of you and i hate to go off topic, but got to say last i checked- you can donate 3.3% instead of 0.5% by using www.buy4.com
woerdensliesje
US (GA) admin
Senior Poster
Total posts: 116
Date of Birth: 1994-11-19
Total Earnings: $297.02
dosomething.org it is! thanks for voting! 26 votes vs 9 for the 2nd position (charity:water)

We can later always do a new vote and change.

amtrinity, I definitely like that idea. We won't be able to use that on our corporate purchases (as that is ordered through an integrated automatic system) but I will definitely start using that on my personal transactions. Thanks for the suggestion.

You are not logged in.

Chat History

will load when you scroll to the bottom