1 2
Created: 2013-10-17 09:53:46
AdamDavis14
UK gold
Junior Poster
Total posts: 82
Date of Birth: 1998-12-03
Total Earnings: $353.49
So I hear weebly shuts ref sites down which I don't want happening to me so would Wix be a better alternative? Also would diggs increase you rank and visibility of the website as I can pay for 30 diggs or more immediately.
DarkSaber
US elite
Points2shop is my specialty
Total posts: 2448
Total Earnings: $14517.26
Invest in a real host.
jayfs
US (WA) elite
Junior Poster
Total posts: 98
Date of Birth: 1993-03-10
Total Earnings: $2491.8
I honestly agree with DarkSaber. You should invest in a .com instead of buying traffic. BUT, if you had to choose, go with Blogger or Webs. AFAIK they are good free hosts.
Mydragonsfly
US (ND) elite
Half way there
Total posts: 605
Date of Birth: 1996-07-02
Not to derail, but I still don't understand whats with you guys and weebly shutting down your guys ref sites. I've had mine up on weebly since the middle of last year and my site is still running unimpaired... Are you getting lots of traffic, are you covering a broad keyword? (less than 200, even 150 a day at best, focused on one sole product :/ )
not sure if they have this or not yet but i think its a good idea since most int. users do benefit more from refs and this could just boost that part" "Some international members seem to be very good at referringDarkninja, Shelbinator
jayfs
US (WA) elite
Junior Poster

I thin

Not to derail, but I still don't understand whats with you guys and weebly shutting down your guys ref sites. I've had mine up on weebly since the middle of last year and my site is still running unimpaired... Are you getting lots of traffic, are you covering a broad keyword? (less than 200, even 150 a day at best, focused on one sole product :/ )Mydragonsfly
You're a very lucky person then, lol. I think it has to do with other competitors finding these Weebly sites and then them reporting it to the Weebly admins. Some people are just selfish :p
machiavellidesmond
IN platinum
Am I spamming?
Total posts: 462
Date of Birth: 1985-03-28
Total Earnings: $830.7
I dont agree with dark saber. You can acquire position 1st for a competitive keyword on google by just simply using free host services. It is your knowledge of seo that is important rather than buying a host. I already defeated Wikipedia and one other site for my niche and acquired 1st position.
DarkSaber
US elite
I dont agree with dark saber. You can acquire position 1st for a competitive keyword on google by just simply using free host services. It is your knowledge of seo that is important rather than buying a host. I already defeated Wikipedia and one other site for my niche and acquired 1st position.machiavellidesmond

open your profile. Now open mine. Do you really think you know more about this than me.
machiavellidesmond
IN platinum
Am I spamming?
Total posts: 462
Date of Birth: 1985-03-28
Total Earnings: $830.7
open your profile. Now open mine. Do you really think you know more about this than me.DarkSaber

I am not saying I know more than you. But Just was sharing my experience . It is nowhere written that we cant achieve good ranking while sticking with free hosting providers. The thing most crucial is strong seo. If I am wrong than explain why I am able to achieve 1st position on google for my niche by defeating Wikipedia and other competitive sites?
DarkSaber
US elite
I am not saying I know more than you. But Just was sharing my experience . It is nowhere written that we cant achieve good ranking while sticking with free hosting providers. The thing most crucial is strong seo. If I am wrong than explain why I am able to achieve 1st position on google for my niche by defeating Wikipedia and other competitive sites?machiavellidesmond

because it's a local low volume key word. Anyone can rank 1st for a specific, targeted kw. Judging by your referrals, it's exactly that. Rank first for free microsoft points with your "strong seo" and then we'll talk.
jayfs
US (WA) elite
Junior Poster
Well, I honestly don't think having a .COM host or a free host makes a difference with ranking. Hosting just allows you to access the SEO portion of the website (Wordpress SEO plugins for example, or just having access to the header coding if you're confident with that sort of thing) while free hosts like Blogger and Weebly have crappy SEO options.

That being said, I haven't found a free host yet that can compete with a paid host when it comes to editing the coding or using SEO plugins.

1 2
You are not logged in.

Chat History

will load when you scroll to the bottom