More options
Points2Shop Forums » Suggestions » Notification about mention in ShoutBox?
Created: 2013-10-10 14:55:53
yogeshmmm
IN new
Getting Chatty
Total posts: 25
Date of Birth: 1988-03-14
Total Earnings: $0.79
Poll: Notification about mention in ShoutBox? as of now we don't get notification whenever some one respond to us. so would you like the notification and mentions like twitter for example @yogeshmmm in Points2shop?

Yes
No
Doesn't Matter
Standings:

Want to make a poll too?? Click here.
chris4ich
ES platinum
Senior Poster
Total posts: 198
Date of Birth: 1987-06-28
Total Earnings: $215.78
Not sure if admins are willing to implement such features as it sounds to be pretty difficult imo. The idea seems ok to get a log of your mentions
If you find my answers helpful, don't forget to drop a positive vote in my profile. It does nothing but shows your appreciation
yogeshmmm
IN new
Getting Chatty
I don't think, it would be that much difficult but I think its important and it should happen.
hebby2012
UK legend
Points2shop is my specialty
Total posts: 1260
Total Earnings: $2459.35

Seems pointless. Users who names are mentioned in the shout see the message in a yellow box as it is now. The shoutbox is a chat not a timeline like twitter which permanently stores messages for users to see.

Notifications would most likely annoy most people due several reasons:

• Constantly getting notifications when talking to someone/several people.
  • See notifications but not been able to see the message (ShoutBox only shows the last 150 messages so if its busy it messages soon disappear.)

I see where you're coming from with the idea but don't think its something that would benefit users...
yogeshmmm
IN new
Getting Chatty
100% no is quite Shocking
yogeshmmm
IN new
Getting Chatty
I use other sites with Points2Shop that's why it quite hard for me to see each and every shoutbox message that is why i would like to get this feature.
kkrulez64
US (FL) legend
Old Forum User
Total posts: 3874
Date of Birth: 1988-03-02
Total Earnings: $3196.14
If someone has something important to say to you, then they can simply send you a private message.
flwlforeva
SG platinum
Why stop now?
Total posts: 856
Total Earnings: $412.7
It's already highlighted in yellow for you. If you don't want to miss anyone's reply then just stay on the page until there aren't any more...
This post has not been deleted.
1D0P3MINI5TRY1
US platinum
Used to the forums
Total posts: 32
Date of Birth: 1992-12-13
i would def like this... i miss over half my replies lol multitasking for the lose? *shrugs*

You are not logged in.

Chat History

will load when you scroll to the bottom