Points2Shop Forums » Support » different ip addresses? [resolved]
Created: 2009-07-28 14:33:30
ChipsAhoy
US (NY) gold
Senior Poster
Total posts: 183
Date of Birth: 1969-12-31
Total Earnings: $8.1
So i have a wireless router and i can use the internet on the ipod touch.(of course) If I sign in on the ipod will i get banned for signing into 2 ip addresses?
xbox live gt: ASK4IT
Nate101
US (WI) platinum
Points2shop is my specialty
Total posts: 1485
Date of Birth: 1990-11-06
Total Earnings: $130.86
well, going by the principal of sharing IPs, yes it would be fine since you are logging in via wifi on your router im suspecting? HOWEVER, I have seen a few people say they are red flagged because of a ipod touch. I'm not sure how accurate they were being.

TBH, iPod touches are only gonna bring you trouble, theres not much you can do on them, and playing games is against the rules with them. I wouldn't risk it if I were you.
dtk763r5
US platinum
Old Forum User
Total posts: 4507
Yeah, I was wondering the same thing because I wanted to connect using my iPhone but I don't plan to play games (since I already suck at them because every expert and intermediate kicks my butt these days) and I wanted to only check my points from my daily offers. So this is a bad idea if we just check our points?
XboxOmac
US platinum
Points2shop is my specialty
Total posts: 1209
I think it's because phones and other devices besides a computer (Which you can enable) use Proxies. Proxy is prohibited here in P2S.
Akari
US elite
Points2Helper
Total posts: 5833
A phone only uses a proxy if you're connecting to the phone's own network. If it's via wifi on your own home connection, then it is perfectly allowed - I've connected via a PSP and an itouch at home, it's fine.
僕のいない朝は 今よりずっと 素晴らしくて 全ての歯車が噛み合った きっと そんな世界だ
Derek801
This post has been deleted.

You are not logged in. This topic is locked and no new replies can be posted.

Chat History

will load when you scroll to the bottom