More options
Points2Shop Forums » Suggestions » the "admin" PMs
1 2
Created: 2013-08-16 02:37:25
Darkninja
US (CA) legend
Points2shop is my specialty
Total posts: 1885
ok i think its about time these admin pms just stop seriously stop they are annoying... so can we just get a "dont send me any admin pms" option just like how we got those unsubscribe SSI PMs? i know its not something that should be to complicated since its already been done while i get it theres a new promo and we can make a bit more cash we dont need these PMs about peanutlabs for example already sent out 3 times a bot mentioning it in the shoutbox often and notifications about the peanutlabs as well....do we need even more?

This also goes for all those other random admin pms some are about the app offers which some of us dont even use i rather get actual admin pms a day or two before a real update is done to the website which again i said it before on another forum tread those are the PMs i actually want not spam

Poll: Should we get a option to not get any of these PMs?

yes

no

Standings:

Want to make a poll too?? Click here.
Raising money to get a new pc and a drawing tablet so i can make better drawings but i need help sharing the link... anyone want to help out? http://www.gofundme.com/artistdreampc
phillipchao
US platinum
Senior Poster
Total posts: 216
They are not sent as often as the SSI and Toluna surveys PMs, but I guess we should also have an option to opt out.
kkrulez64
US (FL) legend
Old Forum User
Total posts: 3874
Date of Birth: 1988-03-02
Total Earnings: $3196.14
Being able to unsubscribe completely from Admin PMs will never happen and I don't think that should happen anyway. They need to be able to promote things so they can make a profit. I would like to know about what promotions are going on and I do like knowing when P2S hits a milestone like how we hit 5 million members recently. But I do think getting multiple PMs about the same promotion that is going on is unnecessary. I don't need a daily reminder. Anyone who is truly interested in it isn't going to forget. At least there is a way to stop the SSI and Toluna PMs because those honestly annoyed me more than anything else. I check those daily anyway.
David44567
UK diamond
Senior Poster
Total posts: 113
Date of Birth: 1992-11-10
Total Earnings: $1683.55
A good idea for promotions would be to add a news type page on this website that is better than the forums that is on the home page that give all the info on whats going on on this website like promos and news about whats going on on this website.
Most people i guess dont even know about the news section on the forum and that is why they send out messages to people though the shout box and through ims to promote new things on this site :)
just saying a better way to see the news would be a better idea :D
Darkninja
US (CA) legend
Total posts: 1885
Being able to unsubscribe completely from Admin PMs will never happen and I don't think that should happen anyway. They need to be able to promote things so they can make a profit. I would like to know about what promotions are going on and I do like knowing when P2S hits a milestone like how we hit 5 million members recently. But I do think getting multiple PMs about the same promotion that is going on is unnecessary. I don't need a daily reminder. Anyone who is truly interested in it isn't going to forget. At least there is a way to stop the SSI and Toluna PMs because those honestly annoyed me more than anything else. I check those daily anyway.kkrulez64

:facepalm: dude why would it never happen? just as phil said this is a option to opt out of these that doesnt mean there not going to gain or have the same amount of users still checking those places since bot keep mentioning on the shout and we get notifications anyway kinda agree with david just the way they go about giving news or at times news that is already days old isnt the best thing

lets go a step farther into this then how about:

Pms having "tags" just like offers users to have(for those that remember 2 years ago or so) the offer had tags like "download,sign up, free,paid" etc etc something like that so that before the admin sends out those pms they click the tags

for example the pm is about website news... they would click a tag "news" and send it out same with this subject this is about "promos" click the tag or multiple tags for the subject and send it out

Now for us users we would have a filter type thing just like SSI right now we set it to the tags we want to get admin pms about and those tags that we have set on we get those turned off we dont get seems a lot better but more complicated... theres still many ways to go about things with out annoying ppl about the new features
Raising money to get a new pc and a drawing tablet so i can make better drawings but i need help sharing the link... anyone want to help out? http://www.gofundme.com/artistdreampc
Matjong
US admin
Total posts: 1624
Total Earnings: $1685.21
Never going to happen. We want to promote things here at P2S and will always continue to do so.
chevychic255
US (GA) admin
Helper is my middle name
Total posts: 9216
Date of Birth: 1992-09-01
Total Earnings: $3320.19
P2S needs its own blog. :p I'd much rather keep up with changes from one than messages tbh. Plus it would be easier to go back and read them for reference.
-
hebby2012
UK legend
Total posts: 1260
Total Earnings: $2459.35
P2S needs its own blog. I'd much rather keep up with changes from one than messages tbh. Plus it would be easier to go back and read them for reference.chevychic255

Simple solution is to remove contests from the "News, Announcements & Contests" section of the forum (rename it News, Announcements & Promos) and create a separate section for Contests as contests in general over take news etc..
chevychic255
US (GA) admin
Helper is my middle name
Total posts: 9216
Date of Birth: 1992-09-01
Total Earnings: $3320.19
Simple solution is to remove contests from the "News, Announcements & Contests" section of the forum (rename it News, Announcements & Promos) and create a separate section for Contests as contests in general over take news etc..hebby2012

I just rarely see any announcements/news there, lol. But that is an excellent idea! I hope they go for this. I know admin probably doesn't have time to always keep that updated but maybe us mods could keep things going when changes happen if/when we can. :)
-
shelbinator
UK moderator
Points2Helper
Total posts: 5028
P2S needs its own blog. I'd much rather keep up with changes from one than messages tbh. Plus it would be easier to go back and read them for reference.chevychic255

:o a P2S Blog would be E P I C !!!! :D

1 2
You are not logged in.

Chat History

will load when you scroll to the bottom