More options
Points2Shop Forums » News, Announcements & Contests » Remake of Cashle logo!!!!Cash contest
1 2 3 4 5 6
Created: 2009-07-17 18:43:04
Nate101
US (WI) platinum
Points2shop is my specialty
Total posts: 1485
Date of Birth: 1990-11-06
Total Earnings: $130.86
"copyright doesn't mean anything dude, chill out, people use mario and images like that all the time, I'm not claiming that i 100% made up mario, therefore im not infringing on anything to do with the copyright. So don't even say that dude and learn about copyrights.

There is a thing called "fair use" where people can use any character for general use in a spoof or for other general use, as long as you don't use it for your own use in games and etc, however you cannot claim that you made it 100% yourself. For example my design, the mario is not infringing on copyrights because I do not claim it isn't mario. Of course it is mario, I used it because everyone loves mario, and it is a huge seller for nintendo therefore I used it to draw users to coming to the site maybe to get a mario game.
Nate101"

I'm not angry bro, I'm just saying if this is a serious contest, and the winning logo will actually get put up on Cashle.com the owners of Cashle will not want a Nintendo character in their logo lol. I'm sure they don't want lawyers from Nintendo coming here requesting they take the logo down or pay a fine.

A copyright infringement doesn't mean you claimed you made it. Copyright infringement (or copyright violation) is the unauthorized use of material that is covered by copyright law, in a manner that violates one of the copyright owner's exclusive rights, such as the right to reproduce or alter somebody's work.
TRDYota02

..and it doesn't infringe because of fair use..
armdav05
UK new
My first post
Total posts: 1
Date of Birth: 1993-10-12
Total Earnings: $7.35
Here's my little logo :D
dtk763r5
US platinum
Old Forum User
Total posts: 4507
This is lame! Everytime I try to post my image, it becomes a blank post!

EDIT: I'm gonna try one more time.

dtk763r5
US platinum
Old Forum User
Total posts: 4507
^I forgot to add that Nate101 gave me this boost of the idea. Thanks Nate, and btw, I really liked yours and joshie's idea. Good luck to everyone.
Anachronism
US (PA) gold
Senior Poster
Total posts: 132
Date of Birth: 1994-12-09
Total Earnings: $64.97
It looks like a tough choice
TRDYota02
US (CA) legend
Senior Poster
Total posts: 122
..and it doesn't infringe because of fair use..
Nate101

Ill give you a few examples of fair use so you can decide if its fair use or not.

Uses That Are Generally Fair Uses:
Criticism and comment, News reporting, Research and scholarship, Nonprofit educational uses, & Parody. Basically anything else is a copyright infringement.

Its ok if you make some sort of graphic art with a Nintendo character because you can say simply say its for educational use. But if the owners of Cashle actually put a Nintendo character in/as their logo, they will need permission from Nintendo to do so.
Nate101
US (WI) platinum
Points2shop is my specialty
Total posts: 1485
Date of Birth: 1990-11-06
Total Earnings: $130.86
"..and it doesn't infringe because of fair use..
Nate101"

Ill give you a few examples of fair use so you can decide if its fair use or not.

Uses That Are Generally Fair Uses:
Criticism and comment, News reporting, Research and scholarship, Nonprofit educational uses, & Parody. If all you are here is to flame, get out dude, because it isn't cool. People put hard work into their designs, so don't come here and try to take an honest contest into something else.

Its ok if you make some sort of graphic art with a Nintendo character because you can say simply say its for educational use. But if the owners of Cashle actually put a Nintendo character in/as their logo, they will need permission from Nintendo to do so.
TRDYota02

The online dictionary says specifically what a parody is...

a. A literary or artistic work that imitates the characteristic style of an author or a work for comic effect or ridicule. See Synonyms at caricature.

Hmm? It is a parody. AS it is a artistic work that imitates the characteristic style of a work for comic effect. Don't come here trying to flame if all you here is to take a honest contest and turn it into something bad, go. Otherwise, make your entry and take a shot at winning.
cmw1612
US (TX) admin
Points2Helper
Total posts: 6394
Total Earnings: $6061.78
"copyright doesn't mean anything dude, chill out, people use mario and images like that all the time, I'm not claiming that i 100% made up mario, therefore im not infringing on anything to do with the copyright. So don't even say that dude and learn about copyrights.

There is a thing called "fair use" where people can use any character for general use in a spoof or for other general use, as long as you don't use it for your own use in games and etc, however you cannot claim that you made it 100% yourself. For example my design, the mario is not infringing on copyrights because I do not claim it isn't mario. Of course it is mario, I used it because everyone loves mario, and it is a huge seller for nintendo therefore I used it to draw users to coming to the site maybe to get a mario game.
Nate101"

I'm not angry bro, I'm just saying if this is a serious contest, and the winning logo will actually get put up on Cashle.com the owners of Cashle will not want a Nintendo character in their logo lol. I'm sure they don't want lawyers from Nintendo coming here requesting they take the logo down or pay a fine.

A copyright infringement doesn't mean you claimed you made it. Copyright infringement (or copyright violation) is the unauthorized use of material that is covered by copyright law, in a manner that violates one of the copyright owner's exclusive rights, such as the right to reproduce or alter somebody's work.
TRDYota02

This is to funny, this is not a serious contest at all and the owners have nothing to do with this contest. It's held by me and the winner will never have a chance to place this logo on cashle.com

LOL thanks for the laugh too
singh449
IN new
My first post
Total posts: 1
Date of Birth: Unknown
Total Earnings: $0.0
I am a great editor for doing such things and i have already made many such things..tjis is gooing to be myn..
JoshuaDwwalker
US (OH) silver
Used to the forums
Total posts: 31
Date of Birth: Unknown
Total Earnings: $15.85
Is mines good

1 2 3 4 5 6
You are not logged in. This topic is locked and no new replies can be posted.

Chat History

will load when you scroll to the bottom