More options
Points2Shop Forums » Suggestions » Amount of friends allowed per day?
Created: 2013-06-15 04:57:24
Naru2008
US (GA) platinum
Senior Poster
Total posts: 182
Date of Birth: 1995-06-03
Total Earnings: $325.07
First off, this is my first thread post on the Forums, so please don't criticize me too harshly. ;~; (If there was a similar thread started, the Similar topics didn't show me anything similar, so I took it as an OK to post it.)

Anyways, what bothers me is recently I have been getting more than the allowed friend requests every day. (For those that may not know, there is a limit of 10 per day.) The problem is, I don't add them. They add me.

The way the system currently works is regardless of whether you're accepting a friend request, or adding people, the system reads it the same way as you adding someone. There is a complete and obvious difference between adding someone, and accepting someone. (Though technically you still add them to your friends list by accepting them.)
What really bothers me is that you should be able to accept friend requests until the cows come home, but that isn't the way it works now. I'm sure some people get so many friend requests, they can only add the first 10 they accept, then get more all day long. Then the next day, while accepting 10 from the day before, they get more requests and can't add them, then the amount of unconfirmed friends just gets bigger and bigger and bigger, and they will never be able to accept them all.

I can understand a limit on adding people, but not accepting a user's friend request. I think it should change. (Not that it actually might or anything.)

This is just a suggestion brought up by me because of the fact that I couldn't accept people who've added me.

P.S, for Points2Shop Admins: Horrible grammar on the message you get for trying to go past 10. This is what it looks like now:

This is what it should look like with correct grammar:

-Clay
Darkninja
US (CA) legend
Points2shop is my specialty
Total posts: 1885
lol if they been ignoring the "deny buddy request" suggestion i made and mention to varies admins by now im pretty sure this might not happen either sorry =|

but the reason they have it this way is cuz of spammers but it seems the system itself was never done right so i think i see what your trying to say on here... seems like the system should be being able to add someone but not be able to contact them or anything till the other person accepts or denies them? and if they accept thats were the limit takes place?
Raising money to get a new pc and a drawing tablet so i can make better drawings but i need help sharing the link... anyone want to help out? http://www.gofundme.com/artistdreampc
Matjong
US admin
Points2shop is my specialty
Total posts: 1624
Total Earnings: $1685.21
It's complicated to rework the friends system into what you propose, Naru2008, that's why it is like it is. It's a good suggestion though and I hope we will get to it at some point, thanks!!
Naru2008
US (GA) platinum
Senior Poster
Total posts: 182
Date of Birth: 1995-06-03
Total Earnings: $325.07
Thanks for at least looking at this Mat and addressing it. I was hoping for at least this, if not an implementation. :)
Naru2008
This post has been deleted.

You are not logged in.

Chat History

will load when you scroll to the bottom