More options
Points2Shop Forums » Entertainment » Horror Movies!
1 2 3 4
Created: 2013-03-13 10:58:23
Gentication
UK gold
Senior Poster
Total posts: 152
Okay! so you all must have noticed that Horror Movies as of late are just pathetic. All the CGI and low budget movies that keep being brought out is ridiculous.
You can sit and watch a horror movie today and see plainly that the creature/monster/alien (whatever) doesnt fit the background it basically looks torn from a cartoon or 3D movie.
I mean what happened to the days when films like Alien, Predator, Chucky, IT and the lark were top of the listing?
When was Alien made now? 1984? were what 29 years on now? and that movie is 1000 times better than most of the S*** that you see today.
Like this paranormal activity. I gave it a watch. and actually felt like id been robbed the hour and a half or so it took to watch it!

So basically ill ask :) does anyone know of ANY good movies that are new ( ish ) that are actually good? Hence the film wasnt so cheapily made that you cant stomach watching it?
Aye tah :_)
And from that day forward, My arm changed.. and a voice echoed, 'Power.... Give Me More.... Power...' and if i must become a Demon then so be it, I'll endure the exile, anything to protect her.
MrCaviness34
US (NC) gold
My first post
Total posts: 1
Date of Birth: 1979-01-03
Total Earnings: $42.58
Yeah i agree with the paranormal activity comment but you should check out sinister its a fairly descent one i liked it and baught it the next day oh and also try mama thats not that bad either!!!
Gentication
UK gold
Senior Poster
I've heard of Mama whats that about ? Im in work so i cant particularly check as Games and Videos are blocked and reviews come under those categories.

Sinister wasnt good at all >.<
You should try Possession. it was pretty decent!
One Missed Call (JAPANESE VERSION) is also pretty damn decent :)
And from that day forward, My arm changed.. and a voice echoed, 'Power.... Give Me More.... Power...' and if i must become a Demon then so be it, I'll endure the exile, anything to protect her.
asylumspadez
US (NY) elite
Senior Poster
Total posts: 226
Date of Birth: 1992-05-19
Total Earnings: $782.6
Sinister and Last Excorism are prety good. I want to see Mama but I have yet to. Other then that I agree, Most horror movies today suck.
Leon912
US (VA) new
My first post
Total posts: 5
Date of Birth: 1973-01-01
Total Earnings: $5.02
The mechanist with edward norton freaks me out, simply because of how ridiculously skinny he is, the suspense and the psychedelic break down he has. Especially the seen where he accidentally got his co-worker's arm stuck in this machine and it ripped his arm right off and blood was spewing like mad.
Gentication
UK gold
Senior Poster
Haha that sounds fairly humorous tbh!
I have a high apt for horror movies :)
asylumspadez
US (NY) elite
Senior Poster
Total posts: 226
Date of Birth: 1992-05-19
Total Earnings: $782.6
The mechanist with edward norton freaks me out, simply because of how ridiculously skinny he is, the suspense and the psychedelic break down he has. Especially the seen where he accidentally got his co-worker's arm stuck in this machine and it ripped his arm right off and blood was spewing like mad.Leon912

That's Christian Bale.
anisha2991
IN new
Senior Poster
Total posts: 105
Date of Birth: 1991-05-29
Total Earnings: $6.96
i hate horror movies too.....and the thing that sucks most is the endings............ no matter how hard they try to kill the monster or evil......in the end it manages to rise again.....
slashthebomb
US (TX) gold
Senior Poster
Total posts: 173
Date of Birth: 1992-09-14
Total Earnings: $195.45
I think it depends on your definition of horror now compared to then cause i dont find alien,predator,or chucky (actually find this movie laughable) scary at all, but they are of course better movies and today people (producers) are more about wanting to scare people than wanting to put time and money into parts that make movies great instead of mediocre.

as for movies to recommend i dont have any from this age but i really like The Blob :p
dawsonxrobbins
US (NV) platinum
Points2shop is my specialty
Total posts: 1062
Evil Dead and The Call. they seemed ok

1 2 3 4
You are not logged in.

Chat History

will load when you scroll to the bottom