More options
Points2Shop Forums » Suggestions » Ref Earnings On External Offers
Created: 2013-01-04 15:20:02
thorseninc
DK elite
New Poster
Total posts: 9
Hello,

First off I want to say that I really enjoy p2s and it really is the best point site for us doing referral work.

However, it really hurts me to see that I bring in referrals that make a lot of points/cash on external offers, and few on regular offers. Even worse, this tendency have only gotten bigger by the wave of mobile users we are experiencing and the external offers they now can access via the mobile apps

So let me make a official suggestion: Introduce ref earnings on external offers or at least on mobile external offers.

Looking forward to the future of p2s

:)
chevychic255
US (GA) admin
Helper is my middle name
Total posts: 9216
Date of Birth: 1992-09-01
Total Earnings: $3320.19
Yeah I know. That's why I'm a bit disappointed the P2S mobile app offer for 25 points no longer counts for the first offer bonus for referrers. We're not getting a bonus on the external offers or the app offers, so why not let us keep the bonus for the P2S app offer?
-
Darkninja
US (CA) legend
Points2shop is my specialty
Total posts: 1885
yeah i agree i randomly been getting refs from a rly old blog which is odd to me but i saw them sign up and then right away i see them use the app so they earn more on the app then they would using the normal site or the normal offers now :(
Raising money to get a new pc and a drawing tablet so i can make better drawings but i need help sharing the link... anyone want to help out? http://www.gofundme.com/artistdreampc
thorseninc
DK elite
New Poster
Total posts: 9
Having looked further into my web statistics and my refs here on p2s, I found out that mobile traffic and offers completed by refs was a much bigger deal than i thought. So I really feel that this topic should be commented on by p2s as soon as possible, since mobile traffic is only on the rise :)
agm1992
UK moderator
Points2Helper
Total posts: 5664
Date of Birth: 1992-12-01
Total Earnings: $2449.82
Referral bonuses and commission cannot be paid on external offer since its the offer company who set the payout for the offers and they only allow the website hosting the offer (p2s) a small commission.

With Points2shop offers they have been specifically valued to include the 18% referral commission and other costs such as referral bonuses, admins fee and contest rewards.
My Steam Profile
  • Worth: $4512 ($1217 with sales)
  • Games owned: 385
  • Games not played: 330 [i](86%)
  • Hours on record: 293.3h
herbonthepc
UK elite
Half way there
Total posts: 546
Total Earnings: $1422.06
Referral bonuses and commission cannot be paid on external offer since its the offer company who set the payout for the offers and they only allow the website hosting the offer (p2s) a small commission.agm1992

sites can choose the commission received from crowdflower & p2s must do ok from them as another site i use pays over 50% more for the same tasks (8cents for the 5cent tasks & 26cents for the 15cent ones) + pay a commision (12%) to your refferer, & also a 12cent bonus after every $1 earnt + you dont have to wait until you earn 15cents before they pay you either...
Matjong
US admin
Total posts: 1624
Total Earnings: $1685.21
Agm is exactly right, there is no margin for us to give away referral bonus on external offers. The P2S mobile offer is an in-house promotional offer (it will credit even if someone joins trough mobile app) and can therefore not count as a completed offer since it does not generate any revenue for P2S.
chevychic255
US (GA) admin
Helper is my middle name
Total posts: 9216
Date of Birth: 1992-09-01
Total Earnings: $3320.19
Why not try rewarding referrers in a different way than a percentage of every external offer they complete? Like so many approved offers equal a fixed rate. Couldn't that work a little better for externals? Something is better than the nothing we're currently getting from them completing external offers. It is a little upsetting to see a plat user under my Referral tab on the contests, then to view their stats:

http://www.points2shop.com/members/profile/Gizmob
1.32 earned from offers
166.84 earned from external offers

Can't you see how this is a bit frustrating? I've earned a little less than two dollars from them as their referrer, but if they had a Helper on P2S, the helper would have earned more than I would have...
-
agm1992
UK moderator
Points2Helper
Total posts: 5664
Date of Birth: 1992-12-01
Total Earnings: $2449.82
I'd rather keep things as they are, with external offers they are the only place where the member completing the offer is getting the best deal. I wouldn't want the payout to drop 18% for the sake of referrers who already earn more than enough.
My Steam Profile
  • Worth: $4512 ($1217 with sales)
  • Games owned: 385
  • Games not played: 330 [i](86%)
  • Hours on record: 293.3h
Matjong
US admin
Total posts: 1624
Total Earnings: $1685.21
I can see how that would be frustrating Chevy... But the margins are lower on externals, and we would have to take away a big chunk of the payout to be able to pay referrers. We rather don't change that.

You are not logged in.

Chat History

will load when you scroll to the bottom