More options
Points2Shop Forums » P2S Surveys and Offers » Android Points2Shop offers not working anymore
1 2
Created: 2012-11-04 12:58:55
kirip
US (MA) gold
My first post
Total posts: 4
Date of Birth: 1989-08-22
Total Earnings: $238.76
Hello, before I rooted my phone's firmware, I was able to always get points from watching videos on Flurry and installing apps.

After I rooted and installed custom firmware on it, I tried getting points the usual way by watching videos on Flurry and installing apps, but now it's not even crediting anything anymore.

Does anyone have any idea why this is happening/how I can try to fix it?

I've tried reinstalling and wiping app data and that's no go. I could try again.

I have a feeling that the app may be bound to my old firmware, and thus it won't credit for my current firmware.

If anyone has any idea, that would be great, thanks!
saloums7
US diamond
Am I spamming?
Total posts: 387
Date of Birth: 1994-12-13
Total Earnings: $2777.25
I've always had rooted firmware I don't think it affects anything... but I've never received points for offers completed on the Android app and I have completed multiple download offers and videos (videos not approving cmon?)
helmsuzanne
UK moderator
Points2shop is my specialty
Total posts: 2023
Date of Birth: 1984-02-05
Total Earnings: $2021.55
The last few apps i downloaded haven't approved for me, maybe there is a problem with them at the moment.
binnyrules
US (NY) platinum
Senior Poster
Total posts: 146
Date of Birth: 1990-03-04
Total Earnings: $393.06
so its not just me
like 2 days ago it was perfect but now there are problems
Lyuba06
US (MN) platinum
Am I spamming?
Total posts: 387
Date of Birth: 1989-09-13
Total Earnings: $368.92
I had some issues, I just uninstalled the app thinking its only me.
Working for points!
ldpx3000
US moderator
Total posts: 1117
if you had and used the app (and it credited offers fine) but then it stopped crediting after you rooted your phone, I can only surmise that it has something to do with that. It could depend too on the actual ROM that you used, since not all of them are the same nor are any of them guaranteed to work perfectly. Try reinstalling the default ROM back on your phone and then try a 1 point video from Flurry.

If you have noticed that in the last couple days that it has not been crediting you but it worked perfectly fine before that, then there may be something going on with their system. Many of the advertisers have a base of operations on the East Coast which was hit pretty hard by Hurricane Sandy.
'Build a better idiot proof system and the universe will build a better idiot...'
binnyrules
US (NY) platinum
Senior Poster
if you had and used the app (and it credited offers fine) but then it stopped crediting after you rooted your phone, I can only surmise that it has something to do with that. It could depend too on the actual ROM that you used, since not all of them are the same nor are any of them guaranteed to work perfectly. Try reinstalling the default ROM back on your phone and then try a 1 point video from Flurry.

If you have noticed that in the last couple days that it has not been crediting you but it worked perfectly fine before that, then there may be something going on with their system. Many of the advertisers have a base of operations on the East Coast which was hit pretty hard by Hurricane Sandy.ldpx3000

It is not sandy. Im in nyc a hard hit area but i was lucky, it works for me fine now.
ldpx3000
US moderator
Total posts: 1117
That doesn't mean that all of their servers are back working at 100% though. I'm not saying it definitely is effecting their offers crediting, just saying that it is a possible reason for offers not crediting some users :)
'Build a better idiot proof system and the universe will build a better idiot...'
binnyrules
US (NY) platinum
Senior Poster
That doesn't mean that all of their servers are back working at 100% though. I'm not saying it definitely is effecting their offers crediting, just saying that it is a possible reason for offers not crediting some usersldpx3000

that is true
kirip
US (MA) gold
My first post
Total posts: 4
Date of Birth: 1989-08-22
Total Earnings: $238.76
Yeah, I've pretty much tried all the usual methods, and that's the same conclusion I've arrived to: it probably has to do with the ROM I have currently.

It's kind of hard to go back to the default ROM after all the nice features in this one, but I suppose if I /really/ need the points, then I can reinstall the default ROM and try it again.

I've had this issue since around the last week of October, so I know it's probably not the servers, so my guess is the ROM I'm on.

I was moreso concerned that the issue was that maybe Points2Shop considered my new ROM a different phone, so it would not work for me. Since Points2Shop has a policy of only allowing you to have only one account per household, I assumed the same for a phone.

1 2
You are not logged in.

Chat History

will load when you scroll to the bottom