Points2Shop Forums » Gaming » port forwarding for xbox 360
Created: 2012-10-21 09:15:50
helmsuzanne
UK moderator
Points2shop is my specialty
Total posts: 2023
Date of Birth: 1984-02-05
Total Earnings: $2021.56
I want to know if it will affect my ip address for doing offers on here, if i do port forwarding to the xbox to stop lag in black ops.
deshuna901
US (TN) diamond
Am I spamming?
Total posts: 343
Total Earnings: $2685.97
not sure but i set the ip address of my xbox to DMZ mode. most routers have this setting and it allows that ip address to sit outside of your router's security/firewall. it's recommended if you are getting a strict or moderate NAT. I no longer have a problem with lag either. hope this helps you out, laterz! :)
helmsuzanne
UK moderator
Points2shop is my specialty
Total posts: 2023
Date of Birth: 1984-02-05
Total Earnings: $2021.56
not sure but i set the ip address of my xbox to DMZ mode. most routers have this setting and it allows that ip address to sit outside of your router's security/firewall. it's recommended if you are getting a strict or moderate NAT. I no longer have a problem with lag either. hope this helps you out, laterz!deshuna901

Thanks for your repy but doesn't it put your pc at risk if it's outside the firewall and how would i change it to DMZ?
deshuna901
US (TN) diamond
Am I spamming?
Total posts: 343
Total Earnings: $2685.97
well, it would if you put in your pc's ip address however, i havent had a problem when i put my xbox ip address in DMZ mode. If you go to your router settings via your pc, you should see it somewhere in there.

Example: my router address is 192.168.2.1

my xbox address is 192.168.2.2

my pc is 192.168.2.3

only 192.168.2.2 is set in DMZ mode. if you find you DMZ settings, you should be able to put the ip address of you xbox there. my router only allows me to put 1 address in DMZ mode. Hope I explained myself ok. :)

You are not logged in.

Chat History

will load when you scroll to the bottom