Points2Shop Forums » Discussion » Sales Tax
Created: 2012-10-10 22:38:12
cronic22
US (CA) platinum
Half way there
Total posts: 510
Date of Birth: 1981-08-29
Total Earnings: $250.91
Does P2S operate in an area where there are no online tax laws? Just being a bit curious since I'm in California, and we started getting sales tax on items purchased from California, which I think the Amazon storefront is located. But when I purchase from say, New York there is no tax.

I'm just wondering if when we place orders if we should even worry about tax, or should we just say get the order, say I'm willing to pay 100/500 points extra, and let the P2S staff work their magic.
chevychic255
US (GA) admin
Helper is my middle name
Total posts: 9216
Date of Birth: 1992-09-01
Total Earnings: $3297.77
You would have to check the options to pay more, but you would also have to leave in the comments area that you're willing to pay for the taxes on the item. You might not want to do this on all your orders, maybe if you know for a fact it has taxes on it. There was a message sent out a few days ago from admin explaining about this, if you leave a comment on your order this causes the order to pend longer. It's not automatically ordered by the system because the admin has to hand order it to go by your instructions.

Straight from the admin message sent out:
When you place an order, our systems usually place the orders automatically however, there are some circumstances where we have to process orders manually, and all orders with comments attached also need to be processed by our staff, which inevitably slows down the approval by 1-2 business days.

"I am willing to pay 435 extra points for taxes"
Sometimes there are extra costs for taxes, if you know there are going to be taxes on your item this option is useful. The option for 500 points extra would be even better though, since we can handle that completely automatically. If you are placing an order, please always ensure that you have only left a comment if it is necessary, and that you include all the relevant information in the initial comment! Not only will this enable your order to approve and ship as fast as possible, but it also ensures that the ordering process remains as simple as possible!
-
cronic22
US (CA) platinum
Half way there
Total posts: 510
Date of Birth: 1981-08-29
Total Earnings: $250.91
ahh ok, its what i normally do, but also i know putting in a message means they reply which slows the progress, lol. But as long as its all fine through the 100/500 point clicks, then its all good :)

You are not logged in.

Chat History

will load when you scroll to the bottom