More options
Points2Shop Forums » Gaming » Borderlands 2?
Created: 2012-09-24 23:06:20
OddGoblin
US (FL) gold
Senior Poster
Total posts: 159
Total Earnings: $138.06
Does anyone here have Borderlands 2? And if so, would you say its worth it? I almost have enough points to get it on here, but if its not that good I dont wanna waste my points. Ive played Borderlands 1 before and I enjoyed it.
KalebTaylorX
UK silver
New Poster
Total posts: 9
You should look at reviews on Youtube.
shdz
US (PA) platinum
Senior Poster
Total posts: 106
Date of Birth: 1993-02-27
Total Earnings: $170.27
personally, i never liked the first one. but maybe you should go to a friends and try ir out? then youd know. or go to youtube and look up some gameplay. or just wait until b ops 2 comes out ;)
2010-10-09 23:34:24
agm1992
UK moderator
Points2Helper
Total posts: 5663
Date of Birth: 1992-12-01
Total Earnings: $2449.34
Borderlands 2 is a brilliant game. I have been playing it everyday since I got the game on Friday and love it. Usually i'm not a big fan of RPG games like Oblivion and Fallout but Borderlands 2 is in a class of its own when it uses the RPG elements, you don't have to be strategic with how you tackle enemies (although it can help) you can instead just run in a shoot anything that moves.

Borderlands 2 is also a great improvement over the first game, the enemies are more varied and smarter (they will dodge bullets, roll around and hide behind cover more often), the environment themselves are huge and is more varied such as having snow and actual grass and trees (A great improvement over the first games mostly desert areas and tumbleweeds).

Many enemies are also somewhat harder to beat, such as the robots which can call healing drones to well.... heal themselves and they are very varies with shooting robots, exploding robots, RPG robots, fire robots even a constructor that builds robots. Other enemies will also throw object at you and can cloak themselves which makes them much harder to beat.

Lets not forget the mutants in the game, of which there are also new additions such as "rat" mutants which mostly work in the mines and are very good at dodging bullets.

The dialogue and cutscenes in the game is also extremely funny, trust me you WILL laugh out load playing this game ;) One cut scene involved the boss Bad Maw in which his name showed up and then he puts his shield up with three midgets strapped to it with text saying "and his Merry Midgets". Its just laugh out load funny! :D

And lets not forget guns, shields, grenades, relics, class mods of which there are GAZILLIONS of. no two things will ever be the same in Borderlands.

I could go on forever with what is good with Borderlands but instead I will make a short list.

:check: Lots and lots of guns
:check: Great in single player but Amazing in co-op
:check: Really funny cutscenes
:check: Huge environments
:check: Large variety of enemies
:check: Hundreds of hours of gameplay
:check: Funny characters
:check: Lots of side quests (90 in the main game)
:check: 4 DLC maps incoming with new areas, enemies and missions and new playable character classes
:check: Money, lots and lots of money
:check: CL4P TP :p
My Steam Profile
  • Worth: $4512 ($1217 with sales)
  • Games owned: 385
  • Games not played: 330 [i](86%)
  • Hours on record: 293.3h
OddGoblin
US (FL) gold
Senior Poster
Borderlands 2 is a brilliant game. I have been playing it everyday since I got the game on Friday and love it. Usually i'm not a big fan of RPG games like Oblivion and Fallout but Borderlands 2 is in a class of its own when it uses the RPG elements, you don't have to be strategic with how you tackle enemies (although it can help) you can instead just run in a shoot anything that moves.

Borderlands 2 is also a great improvement over the first game, the enemies are more varied and smarter (they will dodge bullets, roll around and hide behind cover more often), the environment themselves are huge and is more varied such as having snow and actual grass and trees (A great improvement over the first games mostly desert areas and tumbleweeds).

Many enemies are also somewhat harder to beat, such as the robots which can call healing drones to well.... heal themselves and they are very varies with shooting robots, exploding robots, RPG robots, fire robots even a constructor that builds robots. Other enemies will also throw object at you and can cloak themselves which makes them much harder to beat.

Lets not forget the mutants in the game, of which there are also new additions such as "rat" mutants which mostly work in the mines and are very good at dodging bullets.

The dialogue and cutscenes in the game is also extremely funny, trust me you WILL laugh out load playing this gameOne cut scene involved the boss Bad Maw in which his name showed up and then he puts his shield up with three midgets strapped to it with text saying "and his Merry Midgets". Its just laugh out load funny!

And lets not forget guns, shields, grenades, relics, class mods of which there are GAZILLIONS of. no two things will ever be the same in Borderlands.

I could go on forever with what is good with Borderlands but instead I will make a short list.

Lots and lots of guns
Great in single player but Amazing in co-op
Really funny cutscenes
Huge environments
Large variety of enemies
Hundreds of hours of gameplay
Funny characters
Lots of side quests (90 in the main game)
4 DLC maps incoming with new areas, enemies and missions and new playable character classes
Money, lots and lots of money
CL4P TPagm1992

Thanks for your input, it definitely sounds like an amazing game! I ordered it off of here, I cant wait to play it :) I love both shooters and RPGS and of the times that I played the first borderlands I really enjoyed it so theres not doubt in my mind that the sequel will be even better. Thank you :D
cuteyumi
US (FL) platinum
Senior Poster
Total posts: 119
you should order it you will love it.
OddGoblin
US (FL) gold
Senior Poster
you should order it you will love it.cuteyumi

yeah, I cant wait for it to come in! :)
RusuDan
RO new
Used to the forums
Total posts: 28
Date of Birth: 1993-01-27
Total Earnings: $0.52
i've played borderlands 2 with a friend co-op...it's a great game...but hard at some point
asylumspadez
US (NY) elite
Senior Poster
Total posts: 226
Date of Birth: 1992-05-19
Total Earnings: $782.6
Borderlands 2 is far better then the original Borderlands and that alone makes it worth buying, Especially if you like the first game.
Creeper125
US (NC) new
Getting Chatty
Total posts: 19
Date of Birth: 1988-08-11
Total Earnings: $0.85
Im addicted to Borderlands 2. Its really a Fun, Comedy Wild Game to play and Enjoy

You are not logged in.

Chat History

will load when you scroll to the bottom