More options
Points2Shop Forums » P2S Surveys and Offers » Trojan Horse in download offer (BEWARE)
Created: 2012-09-21 18:26:05
JDPal1993
UK platinum
Senior Poster
Total posts: 114
Date of Birth: 1993-09-01
Total Earnings: $416.12
Bloons! - Free Game!

Bloons! The hit game can be on your computer for free!

No purchase required to receive points within 5-30 minutes.
points awarded after download and install are complete.

Just a warning not to attempt to complete that Radium One offer Bloons.

aaronovik
UK platinum
Used to the forums
Total posts: 39
Date of Birth: 1990-01-26
Total Earnings: $360.13
thanks for that :)
JDPal1993
UK platinum
Senior Poster
No problem. I knew it was risky when it told me the file type was binary, obviously that's just silly, I shouldn't of continued with the install in the first place.
Beijos
US (OR) new
My first post
Total posts: 5
Date of Birth: 1989-10-11
Total Earnings: $0.62
Thanks for the warning!
adriax70
UK diamond
Senior Poster
Total posts: 135
Date of Birth: 1970-04-25
Total Earnings: $1795.55
All downloads have these type of trojan..any download you do in the offers your will have some kind of advertising software that will also expect to be installed on you pc/laptop and the virus detection software will pick it up, you have got to be aware of these programs (which by the way do ask if you want to install them)..they are not life threatening trojan's but they can slow internet activity down.. you need a good software removal program like Revo, or maybe use sandbox which enables you to download and run programs without affecting your main device..Its entirely upto you but I have been doing this for quite a while now and as I say these Trojan's are quite harmless you just got to know how to deal with them..
JDPal1993
UK platinum
Senior Poster
I wouldn't say a Trojan is a normal virus for a download.
A false positive in the form of malware is normal, but certainly not a Trojan. A Trojan is not harmless no matter what type. I don't generally do download offers for this reason.
I will open them in the sandbox next time, but I don't plan on doing any download offer again any time soon.
dawsonxrobbins
US (NV) platinum
Points2shop is my specialty
Total posts: 1062
its good that you have avast
catsrocktubas
US silver
My first post
Total posts: 5
Total Earnings: $12.53
be careful when downloading
adriax70
UK diamond
Senior Poster
Total posts: 135
Date of Birth: 1970-04-25
Total Earnings: $1795.55
I wouldn't say a Trojan is a normal virus for a download.
A false positive in the form of malware is normal, but certainly not a Trojan. A Trojan is not harmless no matter what type. I don't generally do download offers for this reason.
I will open them in the sandbox next time, but I don't plan on doing any download offer again any time soon.JDPal1993

I understand what you are saying and totally agree with you but you are making a very big mountain out of a small molehill..P2S would not give their consent to these offers if they thought it would jeopardize their reputation..if you feel that your device is in danger of being affected by these so called mallware and Trojen's then do what you feel is right but as I have said before you can control them if you know how to..
If the points are no good to you, then don't earn them but education to the new members is a must, a deterant is a not.
JDPal1993
UK platinum
Senior Poster
I think your post is very misleading.
Not at any point did I say this was anyone's fault, and I'm certainly not trying to scare new members away, all I am saying is that this particular external offer contained a Trojan horse, a virus set out for stealing details such as bank details, passwords, packets & much more if controlled correctly.
I don't think it should be a case of earning 15 points from that particular offer whilst putting your computer at risk, and I'm sure if the admins read this topic they would remove the offer. Not all members know how to control a download offer, fortunately I do, but it still a hazard.

You are not logged in.

Chat History

will load when you scroll to the bottom