More options
Points2Shop Forums » Gaming » new ps3 slim!
1 2 3 4 5
Created: 2012-09-20 06:12:05
davin2786
US elite
Am I spamming?
Total posts: 416
Total Earnings: $687.08
There is a new ps3 slim coming out on september 25 (250gb) and the 500 gb is coming out on october 30. Its slimmer, lighter, and has more hard drive capacity!

here is the link to specs and pricing!
link

Update:
Sony is not reducing prices for the old ps3 slim.

Poll: do you like it? would you buy it?

yes
no
maybe
Standings:

Want to make a poll too?? Click here.
StrayX09
US (CA) platinum
Senior Poster
Total posts: 223
Date of Birth: 1992-10-16
Total Earnings: $3784.21
I'm chained to the xbox for life:(
We all make choices but in the end our choices make us. -Andrew Ryan
Darkninja
US (CA) legend
Points2shop is my specialty
Total posts: 1885
to me this is kinda weird yet sad in a way i mean why now? the xbox slim came out a while ago they could of released it around that time too seems a bit desperate now that nintendo released its new console and sony wanting some attention saying "dont forget about me" o_o

they didnt change much of the model though.... =S
Raising money to get a new pc and a drawing tablet so i can make better drawings but i need help sharing the link... anyone want to help out? http://www.gofundme.com/artistdreampc
chevychic255
US (NY) admin
Helper is my middle name
Total posts: 9216
Date of Birth: 1992-09-01
Total Earnings: $3316.53
I don't think it looks desperate. PS3 already has a slim too. This is a 'super slim' model. In a way having a newer slimmer model comes across to me as the PS3 is still just as good a competition as any console that could be released today after years of it being out. Honestly I don't see how it could get any better than the PS3 currently is. I'd rather see a new model to the PS3 right now than a PS4 being introduced, so it's good news. ;)

I'm kinda disappointed that it didn't come out sooner, since I had to buy a new one recently for about the same price after paying for the warranty. Oh well. I probably wouldn't like the new look since I'm used to the current slim model. :p One thing I don't like about it is it looks like it can set on it's side with a stand? I can't imagine wanting my ps3 like that, lol. Reminds me too much of the wii or something. You can see it setting on the stand in the PS Blog post: TGS 2012: Smaller, Lighter PS3 Model Unveiled

I was kinda wondering where you put the discs from the image, but that was answered in the blog in the comments.The top slides to the left, that is where the disc will go. Sounds weird. e.O
-
lbyluke
This post has been deleted.
daus26
US (WA) elite
Points2Helper
Total posts: 6966
Date of Birth: 1990-05-26
Total Earnings: $2802.18

Chevy, about the disc insert (and after watching some videos), it's not just weird, but because of the plastic, it looks kinda cheap to be honest. For some reason, the slide is more smooth when the PS3 is on its side, rather than flat. When it's flat, the top "snaps" open. Other than that, it just simply look like it works, and we'd be able to remove/insert discs without turning on the PS3 I guess. Still, I think I'd rather keep our PS3 slim's insert disc method.

I was hoping they would use the savings from the costs of manufacturing to get the PS3 cheaper to the $199 range (so I can get a second one :p ), but instead it seems they're using those savings for a bigger hard drive and bundle.

to me this is kinda weird yet sad in a way i mean why now? the xbox slim came out a while ago they could of released it around that time too seems a bit desperate now that nintendo released its new console and sony wanting some attention saying "dont forget about me" o_o

they didnt change much of the model though.... =SDarkninja

When Xbox released their slim, it was only about a year since PS3 released their "slim." That would be too soon for another redesign. To me, it kinda looks like they changed a lot, specifically the disc insert.

Anyway, redesigning for Sony isn't anything new, so I don't think its so much as to being desperate for attention. If anything, it's a sign that sells are still going strong, especially keeping the price at above $250. Plus rumors about this was waay before Nintendo announced their release date for the Wii U.
PanTheMan
US (OR) moderator
Total posts: 1795
Date of Birth: 1985-12-03
Total Earnings: $441.3
With the exception of removing the auto insert for discs, I'm fine with the idea. When I bought my slim, I preferred the look of the fat, but I bought with the slim because it was the smarter choice. Smaller, cooler and more reliable. If this new slim is also more reliable, then it's a great idea, but I have working PS3 already, and with the price staying the same, I honestly wouldn't choose it over the original slim.

What's most interesting is how some developers/publishers are releasing games at (slightly) lower prices now because it's the "end of generation price". Some games that would normally release at $56.99 are releasing at $49.99. Keep it up!
kano69
AU platinum
Junior Poster
Total posts: 56
Date of Birth: 1980-12-08
Total Earnings: $214.0
meh at consoles
PanTheMan
US (OR) moderator
Total posts: 1795
Date of Birth: 1985-12-03
Total Earnings: $441.3
meh at consoleskano69

I'm guessing you're a PC gamer. ;)
kano69
AU platinum
Junior Poster
Total posts: 56
Date of Birth: 1980-12-08
Total Earnings: $214.0
I'm guessing you're a PC gamer.PanTheMan

to me PC is the only platform to game on. them consoles are good for 2 things

1. a expensive door stop

2.dvd player but i stream my movies and don't hire dvd's lol

but power to yall who like playing games on a machine 8 years old, never changing, sub low 516p res ect ect... i just think consoles need to be phased out but too many kids buy them

1 2 3 4 5
You are not logged in.

Chat History

will load when you scroll to the bottom