Points2Shop Forums » Suggestions » Change In Verification System At Sign Up
1 2
Created: 2012-09-02 02:04:37
hypercoaster93
US (NC) moderator
Old Forum User
Total posts: 2680
Total Earnings: $7783.69
Hello forum lol, I would like to discuss the verification that new members do to gain their 250 point bonus. There are tons of users I am seeing coming into shout saying that they are not receiving their verification email and they are inputting it correctly and attempt a resend but to no avail. I am sure some have not given the site a chance since they can not receive their bonus. It not only hurts the site by having a possibly good member, it hurts members that refer members. When members are not able to verify there is no cash received for that referral.

This has not always been the case, I personally have noticed a trend of a lot more referrals not verifying more than usual. I have asked other members that refer and they have noticed the same trend as I. I am wondering and asking if there is anyway to improve the verification system for members that guarantee they receive a verification code and if they do not verify it is totally on their end and not the sites' :)

-hyper out (c)
Darkninja
US (CA) legend
Points2shop is my specialty
Total posts: 1885
i agree some users dont even know what to do after they even have the code xD

maybe a guide on step by step how to use the verification code or how to resend it and such
Raising money to get a new pc and a drawing tablet so i can make better drawings but i need help sharing the link... anyone want to help out? http://www.gofundme.com/artistdreampc
Matjong
US admin
Total posts: 1624
Total Earnings: $1685.21
Email is always somewhat troublesome, in such a way that major email isps (yahoo, gmail etc.) make it quite hard to deliver the email. We're trying really hard to ensure the emails getting delivered, but even then there are so many ways it can go wrong: people enter wrong emails, email provider defer email, email ends up in spam folders etc.

To counter this issue, we made email verification no longer mandatory during registration. This is in place for like half a year now. People can use the site with only a few restrictions, like not being able to redeem points and cash and a limit on the offers that can be completed. I believe users can do about 5 offers before they are prompted to verify their email.

Since we no longer enforce email verification, there are naturally less people verifying their email. However, more people do offers, since they are no longer 'stopped' at waiting for their email to verify their account. Before we made this change live (which is about half a year ago now, if not longer) we tested it for 2 months, and noticed a significant increase of promoters earnings as they received more offer bonus credits. Obviously this has also been good for promoters offer bonus rates (more active members), good for members since they no longer have to wait for their verification email, and good for Points2Shop as more offers get completed.

In regards to the 250 points / 50 cents bonus: This is credited right at registration, and is not tied to verification of email in any way. Right after the first form (username, password, email) the 250 points are credited if the country qualifies for a bonus.
XboxOmac
US platinum
Total posts: 1209
Well, you should enforce e-mail verification a little more. Maybe to get the 250 points, you have to have your e-mail verified?
Darkninja
US (CA) legend
Total posts: 1885
Well, you should enforce e-mail verification a little more. Maybe to get the 250 points, you have to have your e-mail verified?XboxOmac

the thing is the users never even get the emails at times like the other day there was problems even resending the email didnt work so why have something enforeced when the users dont get the email and they keep getting the message to put in a code .-.
Raising money to get a new pc and a drawing tablet so i can make better drawings but i need help sharing the link... anyone want to help out? http://www.gofundme.com/artistdreampc
XboxOmac
US platinum
Total posts: 1209
I don't see many companies having problems with the e-mail system though... There has to be something thats getting in the way. Isn't it on high traffic days that the e-mail system becomes a problem?
XboxOmac
This post has been deleted.
shelbinator
UK moderator
Points2Helper
Total posts: 5028
Well, you should enforce e-mail verification a little more. Maybe to get the 250 points, you have to have your e-mail verified?XboxOmac

I agree, making email verification mandatory would be really nice (mainly for us referrers xD)
chevychic255
US (GA) admin
Helper is my middle name
Total posts: 9216
Date of Birth: 1992-09-01
Total Earnings: $3320.19
How does email verification being mandatory make it any better for referrers? That would make us lose more on our referrer bonuses. Like Mat already said, email verification isn't needed for either bonus. The way it's set up right now helps more than when email verification was needed. Especially with all the problems newer members seem to have with verifying it...
-
shelbinator
UK moderator
Points2Helper
Total posts: 5028
Because we get a bonus for them completing registration, so if they had to do that and complete registration to get a 250 point bonus it may encourage them to complete registration more.

1 2
You are not logged in.

Chat History

will load when you scroll to the bottom