Sign up FREE & get 250 points
 More options
Points2Shop Forums » Off-Topic » Would I need a business licence for this?
Created: 2012-07-05 18:04:50
US platinum
Senior Poster
Total posts: 204
Status: Offline
I fix computers for a living. Not as a job, but more of a hobby. friends, family etc come to me when something goes wrong. I know how to fix a computer from the inside out no problems usually. So I was thinking maybe I could run a home business out of my home for fixing computers for people around my city, and maybe start an online site where people can ship them to have them fixed if they really wanted to.

Anyways, if I just wanted to run the fixing service out of my home would I need a license of some sorts in order to do this? I live in the state of OH just in case it's different from state to state.
UK moderator
Points2shop is my specialty
Total posts: 2375
Status: Offline
Date of Birth: 1988-05-14
Total Earnings: $1519.78
Well I don't know what it's like over there, but I'm pretty sure your business laws are the same as here - you have to declare yourself as a business for taxation purposes. You don't need a lisence as such over here, but you need to make sure you have business status for tax returns and finance purposes..

If you phone your local taxation office, they should be able to give you all the info :)
~Running around in circles feeling caged by endless rules...~

You are not logged in.

Chat History

will load when you scroll to the bottom