More options
Points2Shop Forums » Suggestions » Sending Messages
Created: 2012-07-03 17:18:45
jamyal
UK elite
Am I spamming?
Total posts: 252
Total Earnings: $708.25
Would be nice of we could send people messages without having to be buddy's :)
chevychic255
US (NY) admin
Helper is my middle name
Total posts: 9216
Date of Birth: 1992-09-01
Total Earnings: $3315.83
I've always assumed why this cannot be done already is to limit the spam users can send if they're only wanting to promote, etc. Allowing something like this would make it worse, even for users who beg for points or other things, like referral advice, etc. Another thing that's become popular is spamming inbox's about Causes donations. I don't think the majority of active users would be happy with that spam. We even have a daily limit of adding buddies to prevent messaging spam abuse.
-
IVDR4G0NVI
US (MO) elite
Half way there
Total posts: 719
Date of Birth: 1985-11-19
Total Earnings: $893.82
it would be cool if this was possible. It would be nice if they had voice chats! Not like on the shout box, but invited chats from your friends or team mates!
Calm down. If you're rushing, then you're already late!
chevychic255
US (NY) admin
Helper is my middle name
Voice chats? Hm. Sometimes I think we forget this isn't a social networking site instead of a GPT site. The main focus on the site is completing offers, referring, etc. Not socializing, although it's nice to have. Some things just isn't necessary. :p
-
rhyswestern97
UK elite
Points2shop is my specialty
Total posts: 1164
Total Earnings: $745.5
But if the site was more social, wouldn't we get more members? And voice chats would allow alot of swearing.
chevychic255
US (NY) admin
Helper is my middle name
But if the site was more social, wouldn't we get more members? And voice chats would allow alot of swearing.rhyswestern97
And you think allowing swearing is a good thing? Lol. Plus "voice chats" couldn't be monitored or reported if someone is inappropriate or breaking other kinds of rules which we don't allow. Abuse like that would be easy to get around, and I don't see why they would allow something like that if it's something they couldn't control.
-
rhyswestern97
UK elite
Points2shop is my specialty
Total posts: 1164
Total Earnings: $745.5
And you think allowing swearing is a good thing? Lol. Plus "voice chats" couldn't be monitored or reported if someone is inappropriate or breaking other kinds of rules which we don't allow. Abuse like that would be easy to get around, and I don't see why they would allow something like that if it's something they couldn't control.chevychic255

No, meant we'd need hundreds more mods to stop the bad language. Typing words (or buying a voice recorder, that types words as you talk). This would be like typing, but you'd be talking, so it helps stop bad language.

You are not logged in.

Chat History

will load when you scroll to the bottom