More options
Points2Shop Forums » Suggestions » Give Banning Powers only to Legends.
1 2 3 4
Created: 2012-07-01 13:32:25
shelbinator
UK moderator
Points2Helper
Total posts: 5020
It's in title as per norm ;) I think this site has enough admins and mods on it now to control situations. However there are moments where there seems to be none around (cause they're busy performing other site dutys ;) ). So Legends could act as kinda half mods. Cause I get annoyed seeing elite and diamond members (no one in specific just members in general) being waay to harsh with the ban powers and banning members (often newbies who may not be used to the strictness of P2S) without giving any warning. And also alot of members reach elite quickly and just cause you're elite doesn't mean you're wise enough or sensible enough to be given such big moderation powers. As alot of them as just kids & teenagers (like myself).

It could also be an idea for the Legend members to apply for this power if they want it or not. I probably know a ton of people are gonna come down like a ton of bricks on me and tell me off, but that's what I think.

UPDATE - POLL CHANGED 01/07/2012 CAST YOUR VOTES AGAIN TO MAKE THEM COUNT!

Poll: Should banning powers be given to Legends only?

Yes, Just Legends
Yes, Just Legends & they apply to!
No, Take it away from Elites, let diamonds keep it
No, Take it away from Elites, let diamonds keep it but make them apply
No
Standings:

Want to make a poll too?? Click here.
xXShaddowTXx
US (NV) gold
Points2shop is my specialty
Total posts: 1299
Date of Birth: 1995-09-05
Total Earnings: $373.51
One word, yes.

Well, as long as they take it away from Elite members I'm happy.
lilneicybaby
US legend
Half way there
Total posts: 695
Date of Birth: 1990-04-18
Total Earnings: $1812.09
Yea. I saw an elite member ban someone without warning.
xXShaddowTXx
US (NV) gold
An Elite member banned me because he didn't agree with something I said, even though almost the whole shout box was telling him he would be abusing his powers if he did. He did anyway.

I sent in a support ticket and they didn't remove his powers.
shelbinator
UK moderator
Points2Helper
One word, yes.

Well, as long as they take it away from Elite members I'm happy.xXShaddowTXx

Taking it away from Elites would probably reduce tensions in the site alot! I'm glad you are happy! :D

Yea. I saw an elite member ban someone without warning.lilneicybaby

And it's really awkward trying to tell them off about it, cause they just accuse you of "trolling" and threaten to ban you back :(
shelbinator
UK moderator
Points2Helper
An Elite member banned me because he didn't agree with something I said, even though almost the whole shout box was telling him he would be abusing his powers if he did. He did anyway.

I sent in a support ticket and they didn't remove his powers.xXShaddowTXx

That's another problem with it! Even if we report members for abusing powers they would never get taken off them (even for a temporary period :( ) and your case is a prime example of the situation of the one mentioned above to lilneicybaby :(
rhyswestern97
UK elite
Total posts: 1164
Total Earnings: $592.47
I disagree, even though elite shouldn't have the power. Diamonds are more trusted, and there's always times when no mods / admin are online. If diamond was able to have it, and have to apply, it would stop tension.

Also, admin could always have a tracker of which member banned which member and shoutbox time (so admin can see what happened then). Even if mods could see that, it would stop tension in the shoutbox. :)
xXShaddowTXx
US (NV) gold
That's another problem with it! Even if we report members for abusing powers they would never get taken off them (even for a temporary period) and your case is a prime example of the situation of the one mentioned above to lilneicybabyshelbinator

Exactly. I can't stand how Elite members treat their powers as a rite rather then a privilege. I think one cause for this is the fact that Administrators won't remove the powers no matter how much you abuse them.

EDIT~~~

Change the poll to allow for another option.

Diamond Level Or Higher.

Or something like that.
crazymer
IN platinum
Total posts: 1304
I agree, I have seen many times Elite members using their power without warning members. It should be available to Legend members not even Diamond.Because i have even saw Diamond member not members using the power like common replies and banning. Not all Elite and Diamond members are bad but some use the powers like anything.

I am not saying this because i'm Platinum, if i was Elite i will still say YES.
xXShaddowTXx
US (NV) gold
I agree, I have seen many times Elite members using their power without warning members. It should be available to Legend members not even Diamond.Because i have even saw Diamond member not members using the power like common replies and banning. Not all Elite and Diamond members are bad but some use the powers like anything.

I am not saying this because i'm Platinum, if i was Elite i will still say YES.crazymer

Perhaps you should vote on the poll... that's what the admins look at, not the individual posts.

1 2 3 4
You are not logged in.

Chat History

will load when you scroll to the bottom