More options
Points2Shop Forums » Gaming » Watch Dogs E3 Trailer. Watch out Rockstar, you have a competition
Created: 2012-06-07 08:42:02
racinallday
US (CA) gold
Why stop now?
Total posts: 795
Date of Birth: 1991-04-04
Total Earnings: $469.48

Here is the Gameplay Demo http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcMRkyoHKeA

This game look ridiculously good. It's like GTA and Assassin's Creed combine. If the demo is that good, can you imagine what the actual game would be? Holy...
Idk about you, but I'm definitely getting this game when it comes out.
The force is strong with this one --
PanTheMan2
US (OR) admin
Used to the forums
Total posts: 30
Date of Birth: 1985-12-03
Total Earnings: $0.01
Err.. why didn't you just post the gameplay video? I wasn't impressed by that first video at all. lol
Tried way too hard to sound intense and I don't feel like there was anything brilliant or creative behind it.

Saying Rockstar has competition, though, is like saying Polyphony Digital has competition. That will never be true. Even when Rockstar falls short (GTA IV), they still have some of the smartest minds in the field. Everything from their dialog to their cinematics is so tight, professional and mature. No "let's try to blow people's minds with high-tech talk cuz it's kewl!".
After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music. ~ Aldous Huxley
PanTheMan
US (OR) moderator
Points2shop is my specialty
Total posts: 1795
Total Earnings: $441.3
I hate when I post with that account. I feel like it scares people away. lol
Don't be afraid to reply or disagree with me! :;)
racinallday
US (CA) gold
Why stop now?
Total posts: 795
Date of Birth: 1991-04-04
Total Earnings: $469.48
I didn't post the gameplay here because it contains strong language.

The trailer doesn't do any good, the gameplay demo is so much better. I like the high tech idea, how he can control everything through his cellphone. We live in a world of high tech so that's something relevant to me and grabs my interest. Can't help but think about what if that happens to real life. The dialog sounds dramatic. The graphics look good, but gameplay demos always look better than the game anyway, so we just have to wait and see.
When I said Rockstar has a competition, I was actually referring to GTA. There's no doubt Rockstar has the smartest and most creative minds in the field. Overall though, do you think you will buy this game when it comes out?
The force is strong with this one --
PanTheMan
US (OR) moderator
Points2shop is my specialty
Total posts: 1795
Total Earnings: $441.3
Hmm.. I honestly don't know what to make of it. The visuals are impressive, but the Ubisoft name is a huge turn-off for me. I've come to know them as a strictly mediocre studio that seems to depend solely on hype, and they don't provide enough post-launch support for their games. After playing through most of AC2, I stopped paying attention to them. I also thought the extremely gruff voice of the protagonist was really annoying. Some actors get cast just because they have these bizarre voices and I can't stand them, like the guy who was the main character in Bulletstorm and voiced Dempsey in Black Ops zombies, or like how So many people now cast Nolan North instead of taking a more original approach.

I won't completely write this game off though. I'd like to see more when it's closer to release, but there are already a number of games I'm more interested in, like Hitman, Beyond, The Last of Us, GTA V, Tomb Raider, Darksiders 2 and so on.

You are not logged in.

Chat History

will load when you scroll to the bottom